UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Universe Classics

I'm very happy with my collection as it stands now. I've always been a DC guy, so having such a wide representation of the DCU is a dream come true. Honestly, if the line did fully end, I'd be satisfied with what I've got, but I'm more then happy to add one new figure a month (plus the Watchmen, and any of the New 52 figures I fancy).

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See, now I thought Tyr was a interesting character. I received Black Mask today. Not a bad figure, but I think I prefer the DCD version. He's a good figure, but a waste of a slot in a way and kind of has a little guy in a fatman's coat.

• 3 weeks later...

Mattel has shown a few figures so far... Red Hood (the costume from the early issues of Batman and Robin), Captain Marvel Junior (who looks great, and has me very happy), and Silk Spectre from the Watchmen line. And it looks like they just put out an unpainted prototype for... the Huntress!

OK, thanks to someone over at AFT I found out that isn't Red Hood, but Mr. Toxic. Who apparently is going to be a villain in the new 52 Universe(If not already). I'm really hoping he looks closer to the picture below by the time it is mailed out to me. If not, Matty's going to have big brass balls to ask me to take a 3rd leap of faith with another sub if he's part of that. Someone over at AFI ask if he might be part of whatever line they have upcoming for Batman. Hopefully that's truer. Oh, and Huntress prototype has been shown too.

tumblr_m5qdzbK5uz1qjcq1co1_500.jpgDC-Club-Infinite-Earths-Huntress.jpg

Edited by The_Donster

Pretty thrilled with the DC reveals. LOVE Morrisson's Red Hood (and really, just put pre-52 or 52 in the retail line. Hate that the Fwooshers keep bitching about this), just wish the guns were red. Freddy....is okay. Not a Marvel Family guy, but he looks made quite well, and he was rumored in the retail line for a while anyway, so we knew he was coming.

Huntress, well, it's about damn time. Best reveal of the weekend. That sculpt looks great; i almost wish she WAS 52, because it's a great design, but she's probably Lee with the stupid belly cut.

Count me in as one that's not impressed with him being in the sub TTT. That's a total of 3 wasted slots for me. As I could give two buffalo chips about him, Saint Walker and Larfleeze. At least with those last two I understand. They are trying to tie up The Rainbow Brite Corps leaders. This is a out of left field with this interpretation of Red Hood. Unless I'm overly impressed this I'll most likely sell him off. Anyway, not as negative as most folks, but still disappointed. Mainly because Matty is constantly asking us to take a leap of faith and then stealing the wind.

Got my Ivy and Elasti-Girl today. Ivy has to be considered a disappointment; she's nice enough, but man do the lack of accessories really hurt. I knew she wasn't going to be coming with anything, but it was still a shock to see her just sitting there in that big box. It also probably didn't help that I'd opened Longshot and Dazzler right before her.:biggrin: The figure itself is fine, but not really special. she's got a nice enough headsculpt, and a new torso (which, oddly, has a cut in the center which doesn't seem to swivel). And I'm old school, so I'd still rather get caucasian Pamela Isley, She doesn't really do anything to disprove the theory that she was intended for something else (DCUC or the Batman sub-line) and moved to the club to help drum up interest. But it's nice to add her to my Batshelf.

I really like Elasti-Girl. I'm a Silver Age DC fan, so completing one of the great teams from that era (the core lineup, at least) is a real treat. Really nice figure, great paint job and headsculpt. Red underwear, too.:) I've never understood why a woman whose power is growing large would wear a skirt.:huh:

Edited by hellpop

• 1 month later...

Very surprised to find the DCUC All-Star wave at TRU today; I'd just assumed that mass market retailers were passing on these. Batman and Superman looked to be gone, with Red Robin and Superboy hanging around. I might buy Superboy, at some point, but I can't say I care enough for the character to really want to have him on my shelves.

• 1 month later...

Oh Mattel, why should i expect you to ever get anything right after all this time?

Hopefully someone here can shed some light, regarding the 2013 subs. Was the Watchmen sub a pre-approval or did they actually charge back in August? I ask because the charge on my account tonight is just enough for the DC figure with shipping and tax, but not the Watchmen figure. I already sent Matty an e-mail, but that's gonna be a crapshoot anyway, so i was hoping someone else had any idea.

If my Watchmen sub isn't going through, i'll be beyond irritated.

Yeah, I believe that our sub purchase included the payment for the first figure. But don't worry, the sub is happening.

Oh i know it's happening. I was just concerned i didn't see the charge. People on The Fwoosh i saw were getting their charges today so i was naturally worried when only my DC charge was there.

So it wasn't a pre-authorization, it was an actual charge back then? That'll make me feel better (i would have felt even better if they had sent an e-mail before the charge anyway :rolleyes: )

@Punisher, nah Rorschach and the others will be up on the 15th for day-of sales. Just not Early-Access eligible.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Hurm (as Rorschach would say), still deciding on whether or not i'll get 'em. If it were about $10 cheaper i would probably go for it, but close to $35 after shipping is ridiculous IMO, no 6'' American figure should cost that much.

Yea it's mostly going to that (albeit gorgeous) immense packaging work Mattel has done. Fairly impressive, but a huge tax on the figure's price.

That said, Rorschach is eagerly awaited in my collection. I hope he's here by the 22nd when i go back to school, but he's looking fantastic; AFI has pics up.

Really beyond excited for Laurie and Ozy; can't believe they're last. (Well, i mean, it's Mattel, of course i can. But you get my point). Hope they show off Ozy at Toy Fair with production figures for Nite Owl. And Ozy should REALLY come with a reprint of his old toy ad. Too brilliant.

• 2 weeks later...