UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Happy 4th of July

Rad

To Yanks everywhere. Enjoy yourselves. We'll be coming to take the U.S back any day now. ;)

Come on guys. It's been 233 years already let it go. Look at just a few of the things we have given you in return for our independence.

1) Baseball

2) Apple Pie

3) REAL Football

4) Zombie Movies

5) The Internet

6) Rock Music

7) Fake Breasts

8) Coca Cola

9) 8 years of comedy gold provided by the Bush Administration

10) Minimates

Although I do think that maybe we should work out some sort of visitation schedule in appreciation of: The Beatles, Harry Potter, Eddie Izzard, Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg, and you having to endure the Bush Administration as well. I would like to put it out there that I never voted for Bush.

To Yanks everywhere. Enjoy yourselves. We'll be coming to take the U.S back any day now. ;)

Come on guys. It's been 233 years already let it go. Look at just a few of the things we have given you in return for our independence.

1) Baseball

2) Apple Pie

3) REAL Football

4) Zombie Movies

5) The Internet

6) Rock Music

7) Fake Breasts

8) Coca Cola

9) 8 years of comedy gold provided by the Bush Administration

10) Minimates

Although I do think that maybe we should work out some sort of visitation schedule in appreciation of: The Beatles, Harry Potter, Eddie Izzard, Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg, and you having to endure the Bush Administration as well. I would like to put it out there that I never voted for Bush.

Ok this supposed to be fun so dont blow a gasket or anything.

1) Baseball (I would guess the origins of baseball are English and come from a game called rounders.)

2) Apple Pie (Maybe the Dutch would argue with you on this one.)

3) REAL Football (How you can call a game football when the ball and the foot have no real contact is always a mystery to me, same as baseball having a world series when no other countries take part.)

4) Zombie Movies (This one I think I'll give you)

5) The Internet (Yep, but web is English.)

6) Rock Music (Depends what you class as rock really. Rock and Roll definitely American born from the blues, but heavier rock I would say was imported back to the USA in the 60's)

7) Fake Breasts (Sorry I think the Germans got there first)

8) Coca Cola (Yep thats true as far as I know.)

9) 8 years of comedy gold provided by the Bush Administration (and we are still trying to laugh it off)

10) Minimates (Ok you win this fact makes everything else a moot point)

Ok this supposed to be fun so dont blow a gasket or anything.

I am prepared.

1) Baseball (I would guess the origins of baseball are English and come from a game called rounders.)

This is more like American Softball but I will ammend my original statement to Major League Baseball.

2) Apple Pie (Maybe the Dutch would argue with you on this one.)

I have never had dutch apple pie but I am open to try it.

3) REAL Football (How you can call a game football when the ball and the foot have no real contact is always a mystery to me, same as baseball having a world series when no other countries take part.)

What do you call field goals, extra points, and punts? There is a Canadian team in MLB

4) Zombie Movies (This one I think I'll give you)

Thanks.

5) The Internet (Yep, but web is English.)

While a Brit is credited it was created at MIT. Which is in Massachusetts.

6) Rock Music (Depends what you class as rock really. Rock and Roll definitely American born from the blues, but heavier rock I would say was imported back to the USA in the 60's)

I am the first to admit that music is what it is today because of the Beatles. I love The Beatles and will forever be in the debt of the UK for them.

7) Fake Breasts (Sorry I think the Germans got there first)

I mean the real Pamela Anderson type.

8) Coca Cola (Yep thats true as far as I know.)

Created right here in GA

9) 8 years of comedy gold provided by the Bush Administration (and we are still trying to laugh it off)

So are we my friend. So are we.

10) Minimates (Ok you win this fact makes everything else a moot point)

That's why I saved it for last.

Happy July 4th to my American brothers and sisters! Here's hoping for the continued Freedom and Independence that resulted from the blood, sweat and tears of our Armed Forces. Hoo-Rah!

PS - I'm pretty sure the comedy gold was from William Clinton and his always entertaining Oval Office fiasco's....or anything done by Jimmy Carter....

Edited by jjwspider

I hope all of you happified your Day of Independification!! We all know Bush did; just like last year, he kicked back and did nothing. Oh wait...he ALWAYS did that. And Barack's not much of an approvement...he's a posterchild...

I'm sorry, but i would've voted Hillary. :lol:

The Minimates' Arms:

A place to discuss anything but religion & politics...

I hope all of you happified your Day of Independification!! We all know Bush did; just like last year, he kicked back and did nothing. Oh wait...he ALWAYS did that. And Barack's not much of an approvement...he's a posterchild...

I'm sorry, but i would've voted Hillary. :lol:

The Minimates' Arms:

A place to discuss anything but religion & politics...

Like i'm the first culprit in this thread alone. ;)

But i agree. Let's stick to the real topic; Celebrating America, and thanking God it's still here after Mr. Bu...oh wait...that's political...;)

Happy 4th people...

Anyone else see the irony that I'm English living in the USA who has to pay taxes but doesn't get to vote... Isn't that taxation without representation??

Let's hold a revolution or something!

T.

p.s. *puts on serious hat* I agree please keep the political stuff off forum, it always ends in tears... and they wont be mine!

Happy 4th people...

Anyone else see the irony that I'm English living in the USA who has to pay taxes but doesn't get to vote... Isn't that taxation without representation??

Let's hold a revolution or something!

T.

p.s. *puts on serious hat* I agree please keep the political stuff off forum, it always ends in tears... and they wont be mine!

Don't worry, you're not the only lacking representation - just look at the amount of deceased individuals or cartoon characters that come out to vote every November, invalidating legitimate votes......

Happy America Day fellas ;)

P.S. I second TBT in keeping politics out of this thread for now... believe me, you don't wanna be around for the fireworks that'll ensue once I start talking global affairs :ohmy: