UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Return of Marvel Legends?!

Huh...big year for products returning to the market:

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=23&itemid=12275

Article:

According to a member of the Fwoosh message boards, Marvel\'s Jesse Falcon was on hand at this past weekend\'s Wizard World Philadelphia convention where he was talking about what fans can expect to see at July\'s Comic-con in regards to Marvel Legends. According to El Diablo V2 Jesse said at a panel the following:

-They Hasbro will be showing 16-18 prototypes at SDCC for release in 2010.

-The 3 two-packs that were first shown at last years comic-con will be hitting in late August at the latest, still distributed by Diamond and TRU.

-They hinted at a new Deadpool figure would be revealed at comic-con, as well as an Inhuman to accompany Blackbolt.

-No BAFs are coming out next year.

-They will be launching a fan poll for new Marvel Legend figures at comic-con , the top 3 will be split across 3 new two-packs, with Hasbro choosing the partners. These will most likely come out this time next year.

-NO RETAIL EXCLUSIVES NEXT YEAR!!!

-They\\\'re still working out packaging, as in singles/two-packs for the other assortments. It seemed to me they\\\'re leaning towards two-packs for now still.

- Slide images of a X-Force Warpath, Madrox The Multiple Man and Lady Bullseye figure were shown.

16-18 new figures for 2010 sounds great but we sure hope Hasbro or Jesse Falcon come to comic-con this year prepared to tell fans exactly how they plan to get so many new figures into the hands of collectors when for the last several years seemed to have really struggled in being able to do this. It\'s great to see new stuff but only if fans have a reasonable expectation that they will be able to get their hands on them at a reasonable price. See what others are saying and let us know what you think about this latest news in our comment section below and be sure to check back to Marvelous News in July for complete coverage of the 2009 San Diego Comic-Con.

2mi25fo.jpg

I spy Multiple Man... :blush:

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Despite their flaws (which are many, and major), I would sure like to see Mattel take over the Marvel Legends line. I have zero interest in the Hasbro figures.* Even though some of them look half-way decent, the quality is so low that they feel almost like bootlegs in hand.

*well, almost zero. I probably will get the Iron Man from the 2-pack, unless he looks much worse when released than the prototype (it happened with the skull faced Punisher, so I wouldn't be shocked if it happened here, as well).

Edited by karamazov80

I want to be very excited by this. I really want to.

But I'm not. I'm kinda done.

(and sorry, karamazov, but as flawed as Hasbro Legends are, the teasing nightmare that are Mattel action figures are much, much worse. Always promising, but near impossible to find, or QC issues out the exhaust port when you do.)

Damnit :pinch: Please tell me if that Goliath looks that good that it won't push me to get into the MU stuff :no: C'mon gang, please tell me I'm stronger than this :unsure:

Damnit :pinch: Please tell me if that Goliath looks that good that it won't push me to get into the MU stuff :no: C'mon gang, please tell me I'm stronger than this :unsure:

you can resist this man....think of all the minimates that are coming, you can resist

aww dam I just saw the Skrull Giant Man vs Captain America set.....I can resist I can resist...

Jeff of the Miniacs

...I Can Resist!!!!!!

(and sorry, karamazov, but as flawed as Hasbro Legends are, the teasing nightmare that are Mattel action figures are much, much worse. Always promising, but near impossible to find, or QC issues out the exhaust port when you do.)

I'm no fan of Mattel's business model, but I love their figures, as they are worthy updates to the Super Powers line. Though I know I'm in the minority, I've personally only run into QC issues with the paint on Aquaman. Just my opinion, though, and I can see people getting a bit miffed at Mattel for any number of reasons.

Personally, I'd only be happy if Toy Biz was making Marvel figures again, their Marvel Legends had the most accurate representations of the characters from both comics and movies.

Hasbro handling Marvel figures is just annoying as the quality and lack of detail ruins what could potentially be good :down:

Viper, I'll agree that the type of material Hasbro uses is by leaps and bounds different than Toybiz, but it's the same people working on the ML that were over at Toybiz. So technically TB is sculpting the line, but it's Hasbro's factories producing them :confused: It's the same argument I hear over at other boards about the DST Trek line, which basically has the same answer. I'm pretty sure Toybiz is no more and I don't know if Marvel Toys is still around for that matter :unsure: Anyone back me up on that or am I mistaken?

Well, I'm not Hyperventilating the way i wuold have two years ago - but i am excited.

They may not have been perfect, but Hasbro delivered a number of X-Family characters that i had been waiting on (Forge, Cannonball, Domino & Spiral) & i'm pretty stoked to be possibly given the chance to expand on my collection a little more.

The Hasbro ML's may weren't quite up to the standard that ToyBiz had set, But i've found the Hasbro toys sit in well enough with their slightly more detailed freinds.

So - i'm remaining cautiously optimistic about making myself an army of Madrox's in the near future :)

Also: Quick Question - Why do the concept art images have toybiz logos on them?

http://www.actionfigurepics.com/wp-content...sorbing-man.jpg

Viper, I'll agree that the type of material Hasbro uses is by leaps and bounds different than Toybiz, but it's the same people working on the ML that were over at Toybiz. So technically TB is sculpting the line, but it's Hasbro's factories producing them :confused: It's the same argument I hear over at other boards about the DST Trek line, which basically has the same answer. I'm pretty sure Toybiz is no more and I don't know if Marvel Toys is still around for that matter :unsure: Anyone back me up on that or am I mistaken?

I didn't realise the same people from toy biz did the marvel legends for hasbro, as I thought toy biz became Marvel Toys and made those cool Legendary Comic book Hero figures which had Judge Dredd, Marv, Witchblade etc.

For me the best company to handle Marvel characters would be Neca as they would be extremely detailed and facially accurate.

Whether Marvel Toys is totally dead I am not sure, but the Toy Biz design team has worked on ML throughout, even for Hasbro. This seems to be true of the MU line as well. And while I wold have liked more paint apps, (okay, in a lot of cases, some paint apps) I am not a fan of the black washes Toy Biz was so in love with, and the joint lock/destruction they caused.

I do have a "First Appearance" Sabretooth whose arm I ripped out of the socket in the process of trying to get his elbow to bend (it never did). The ToyBiz versions weren't perfect, for sure.