UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ah Crap! :(

Rad

Okay I'm probably a bit late to the party seeing as this was announced in May, but I'm totally gutted at the news.

http://www.paulcornell.com/2009/05/goodbye...in-britain.html

I know it wasn't everyone's 'cup of tea' but the current story arc is astonishingly good and it'll be a great shame to see my Cap back in the doldrums. :(

Also means it's even less likely we'll ever see a Captain Britain Minimate too. Double :(

Okay I'm probably a bit late to the party seeing as this was announced in May, but I'm totally gutted at the news.

I know it wasn't everyone's 'cup of tea' but the current story arc is astonishingly good and it'll be a great shame to see my Cap back in the doldrums. :(

Also means it's even less likely we'll ever see a Captain Britain Minimate too. Double :(

yeah =(

black knight needs a home now too. I only really only got to read the first issue, as issues 2-4 sold out like hotcakes at the shops I go to. but I enjoyed what I had read in that issue. since then i've been following it on wikipedia... but it, uh... isn't the same.

how does union jack get a mate before captain britain?

yeah =(

black knight needs a home now too. I only really only got to read the first issue, as issues 2-4 sold out like hotcakes at the shops I go to. but I enjoyed what I had read in that issue. since then i've been following it on wikipedia... but it, uh... isn't the same.

See that the thing 2-4 sold out at all the shops you go too. But apparently it went into a bit of a lull after Secret Invasion. Sales started to pick up again but it looks like it's too late to save it.

Tell me about it. That absolutely mystified me. Still at least that's two British superheroes in 'mate form. ;)

See that the thing 2-4 sold out at all the shops you go too. But apparently it went into a bit of a lull after Secret Invasion. Sales started to pick up again but it looks like it's too late to save it.

Tell me about it. That absolutely mystified me. Still at least that's two British superheroes in 'mate form. ;)

i'm just throwing this out there... but we need a pete wisdom mate. there's three ;)

that's lame that it was too late to save it, why didn't they do one of the "ape" covers to warn us?

they usually do that if the title's sales fall, right?

The shitty ape covers are one of those sales boosting (apparently) things they do sometimes to tie in with toher shit just on a cover basis (zombies, retro etc are past examples).

Will be a shame to see this book die, I like Cap and I like Paul, any book that can boast Dracula and Doom on the Moon deserves to never die (honestly they still print shit like Pet Avengers and 10000001 Dark Reign tie ins but this gets canned, bah)

Nice to see you about matey.

Well my fondness for Cap B is well documented, and I've yet to meet a Paul Cornell story I didn't like. I suppose if he'd been an editor at Marvel his book might have avoided cancellation. ;)

I have to admit to liking Pet Avengers though. Ms Lion has me in stitches. :D

That's a bummer, althoguh I knew i was the only one reading it here in San Jose, as the issues never sold. I thought the book's Secret Invasion tie-in was one of the better ones. I'm a Black Knight fan, so it was good to see him kicking around still too. overall, sad but expected news.

Edited by 616commando

Perhaps I would be better off by not saying anything about the latest series of Captain Britain but please be assured I get no pleasure from seeing it end. My views on it are pretty well-documented & I see nothing constructive about reiterating them although I still live in hope we might see him again in comic-book & Minimate form.

I have to admit to liking Pet Avengers though. Ms Lion has me in stitches. :D

Is this anything like Captain Carrot and the Zoo Crew? If so, I'll have to pick it up.

I've not read any Captain Carrot so couldn't comment. Pet Avengers is just dumb silly fun. ;)

Perhaps I would be better off by not saying anything about the latest series of Captain Britain but please be assured I get no pleasure from seeing it end. My views on it are pretty well-documented & I see nothing constructive about reiterating them although I still live in hope we might see him again in comic-book & Minimate form.

I know you were let down by it BHM, did you read any of the more recent issues featuring the war with Dracula?

I always think that MARVEL and DC has a hard time trying to portray the UK as a place as for superheroes and to be honest I really cant blame them. I live in a major area and I could list about 10 places where Spidey could easy swing from. the rest are just too low and he would end up hitting the floor.

I remeber sometime in the early 90's Spidey being in London fihting Knight and Fog and it was drawn like Oliver Twist and read like Mary Poppins language. Our landscape just dont take to the tights and capes and Aurthrian legend can only be pushed so far.

I know you were let down by it BHM, did you read any of the more recent issues featuring the war with Dracula?

I have read all but the last issue & I must concede that my friend Richard, who is my comic-pimp & a fanatical Captain Britain fan, & I both agreed that it was getting decidely better. MiniFiend hits the nail though with his final paragraph as to why the comic was not to my taste .

Edited by buttheadsmate

I live in a major area and I could list about 10 places where Spidey could easy swing from. the rest are just too low and he would end up hitting the floor.

I think marvel should do more of that

he would end up hitting the floor.

yeah, that. ;)

The shitty ape covers are one of those sales boosting (apparently) things they do sometimes to tie in with toher shit just on a cover basis (zombies, retro etc are past examples).

Seriously??? Dang - X-Men Legacy has had TWO 'retro' covers in the last 3 months! :(

I live in a major area and I could list about 10 places where Spidey could easy swing from. the rest are just too low and he would end up hitting the floor.

yeah, that. ;)

I think they did an issue where Spider-Man was out in the suburbs & the lack of tall buildings rendered him kind of ineffective. It would actually be kind of funny for a mini-series to see Spider-Man challenged by an environment he wasn't used to. . .

yeah, that. ;)

If you're looking for some Spidey abuse, he did just get

shot in the face, and then tortured by Bullseye, in today's issue of ASM. He's okay though, sorry!

:P

I think they did an issue where Spider-Man was out in the suburbs & the lack of tall buildings rendered him kind of ineffective. It would actually be kind of funny for a mini-series to see Spider-Man challenged by an environment he wasn't used to. . .

In the Ultimate title he lives out in Queens, so when something happened to his street clothes in the city he did have to "ride" bus roofs and other traffic back to his neighborhood...