UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Minimates Resolicited

Andimus Prime

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone care to speculate what the production difficulty might have been? It's pretty late in the game to blame anything but manufacturing. I mean, if the original release date for Wave 1 was supposed to be two weeks from today, these should have been on a boat last month.
Monkeys on a Boat

souwester1.jpgsouwester2.jpg

Either that or too many products trying to go thru production at the same time (BSG, Speed Racer, Marvel, DC). I'm not fond of delays either but hopefully we'll see at least one wave by the end of the year.

Monkeys on a Boat

souwester1.jpgsouwester2.jpg

Either that or too many products trying to go thru production at the same time (BSG, Speed Racer, Marvel, DC). I'm not fond of delays either but hopefully we'll see at least one wave by the end of the year.

lol funny pix Lurch.. *said in a whisper* I can almost imagine crates of minimates at the other end of the boat.

T.

Anyone care to speculate what the production difficulty might have been?

I will never divulge my sources but a source said "politics." I asked if that meant company vs. company politics (ya know, like DST vs. DCD) but the official alluded to real politics.

China is a notoriously red-tape bound beauracratic system, although they are also known to be very pro-business.

This is purely speculation, but I wouldn't be surprised if the factory move etc. wasn't complicated by the local Chinese governement. AA, DST and DCD don't have the muscle like Mattel and Hasbro. Of course if this is true, no sane company would ever admit it. But I can only imagine the byzantine licensing procedures needed to manufacture in China. My money is on the fact that it's out of AA's hands.

Anyone care to speculate what the production difficulty might have been?

I will never divulge my sources but a source said "politics." I asked if that meant company vs. company politics (ya know, like DST vs. DCD) but the official alluded to real politics.

China is a notoriously red-tape bound beauracratic system, although they are also known to be very pro-business.

This is purely speculation, but I wouldn't be surprised if the factory move etc. wasn't complicated by the local Chinese governement. AA, DST and DCD don't have the muscle like Mattel and Hasbro. Of course if this is true, no sane company would ever admit it. But I can only imagine the byzantine licensing procedures needed to manufacture in China. My money is on the fact that it's out of AA's hands.

I'd buy that theory too, I beleive I know what the source was and will back you up on it...

Fujis talks sense... Lets see what AA have to say on the subject.

T.

My company manufactures product in China for distribution in the US. I've seen all sorts of "political" problems. Believe it or not there's even been a labor shortage due to new factories opening up in the north. Workers from that region no longer have to commute south to work once a week, choosing to work locally which leaves the established factories along the coast scrambling to fill their positions.

At first I thought it might be a problem with product development (figuring out how to do Brainiac's tenticles or something), but like I said it's way too late for that.

Hopefully we'll find out soon. I'm a patient guy but other consumers are a more fickle bunch. Had this been a mass market line I wouldn't be as worried, but a lot of this line's success depends on end consumers and our pre-orders with specialty retailers. If consumers lose faith in a product line... well, look what happened with AA's Deluxe Enterprise figures. :unsure:

Well, honestly I'm pretty disappointed.

These were BY FAR my most looked forward to mates.

That being said, with them being bumped back maybe they'll have time to ship them a bit better.

I mean, with DCD deciding to ship them to folks who already get their stuff it was looking for trouble.

Maybe now they'll be able to put them in Previews? :huh:

Does anyone know if AFX or any of the other online stores cancelled their orders and have them back up now :huh:

Also because these are DCD then I'm assuming that they have to give thier ok at every stage of proceedings too.

Just wanted to chime in on that...

actually DC in general is *notoriously* picky about their licenses. A few years ago i was doing some work for Wizkids as a contractor, and you wouldn't believe the hell they put the sculptors on Heroclix through... over something as ridiculous as the length of supergirl's cape. They're extremely, extremely anal about the little details, and often... i mean really often, scrap an entire run of a toy/game/whatever... because of a fiddly thing like that. This is why so many DCD products are so frequently delayed... if the production test-piece doesn't come back *JUST SO*, they'll stonewall it until it's right.

Kindof a double edged sword there... really awesome that they care, and that the quality is being protected... really frustrating when it means we have to wait on something like this.

Ever since WB(Warner Bros.) started taking more of an interest in the DC "branch" they've been a hell of a lot pickier and definitely more strict with their properties and licenses. I noticed this starting about two-three years ago.

Picky over the length of supergirl's cape sounds just about right.

Its always been like that on there I believe.

There wont be any new release dates until DCD resolicit them, and solicits usually have at least a 3 month lead time.

I preordered all 3 waves from Corner Store Comics. I emailed them regarding this today and got an email back almost immediately. Here's how they're handling preorders and such:

We're going to keep the orders open until we get an update from the vendor regarding the adjusted release date.

If all stays the same with the lineup, there will likely be no need to re-order. We'll move forward with the orders we've already taken.

Thanks!

CSC

Works for me.

Don't take it personal but I'm not confident on CSC

I'm not taking a chance with them. After having some good deal, they gave me the runaround. I'm still short a chase SFII pack and more after taking my money. They're too much of a hassle. I'll stick to my comic shop who are the greatest.

No offense taken JL. I've heard others with similar stories. My local comic shop sucks @ss, so that's not really an option.

They have been very quick to respond to my emails regarding my order, so I'm going to give them a chance.

If it turns bad on me, I'm vocal enough that I think I'll do ok for myself in the end. :D