UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Minimates Resolicited

Andimus Prime

hey, id rather them be dead and gone once and for all than have hopes of a great line squashed before fuition. Im still not over the loss of C3 and...and...now for this to happen...after seeing them in a glass case inches from my nose at WW Chicago...I...sniffle...excuse me.

They cut me deep, man...they cut me deep.

End melodrama.

And this year award for Drama Queen goes to.......

Feat of strength... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

T.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... can we curse here?

I don't know if we can curse here or not.

But this really is a fuckarow. Can't anything "minimate" get released on time and be worth a damn?

Shit.

-M

Cursing is allowed if it's not aimed at anyone....

Oh course there are some that say we are all cursed. ;)

T.

"NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" to quoute Luke Skywalker. If DC Minimates don't happen I'm going to steal the prototypes. I mean seriously they can make these Minimates with all the time they had. I agree with FOS, if they don't come out fire the people in charge.

R.R.

You bring up a good point USB, I too would rather them be done properly than be a rushed job. Otherwise we'd be on here in 15 days bitching about the piss poor execution or how the final product doesn't look like the proto's we saw @SDCC/WWCC :rolleyes: As others have pointed out, this happens alot in the toy company and we've been waiting longer than this for the Marvel Minimates to do something new. For those who argue that it's just reusing the same mold as the Marvel line, I say really? Have we been looking at the same Minimates? Because for the most part, 75-85% of them look like original sculpts and scale sizes. While I'm about as excited as the rest of you on the delay and pray it's not another C3 incident, I'm going to hold onto the hope that these will see the light of day. If not, I'll be the one dunking your torches in gasoline and lighting them for you at the head of the line ;) Until the day of release or cancellation, let's all take a deep breath and...Relax :)

I think this is just a frustration because we haven't had any new superhero Minimates for donkey's years now.

Lots of people had hoped to see these in August/September so to have that "taken away" from us is a blow.

Oh my heart. I can't breath. Someone get me a paper bag and a shot of adrenalin. Aaaah That's better. Can someone else get me a cigar and a large brandy please?

Peeps! Panic attack or what? Relax, they'll turn up.

The DCD Mates have been resolicited, just like many comics and other items of merchandise have been in the past, and will continue to be for many, many years to come.

Basically all it means is they arent going to hit their original release date and all current orders have been knocked on the head so that when they are ready for release shop owners can reasses demand and order appropriately.

Its not a suprise as if you recall they werent solicited properly last time, they were rush allocated to shops with DCD making assumptions as to how many people wanted, we've always said that release date was ambitious and obviously it is.

Im willing to bet this isnt due to lack of interest or anything else that people want to believe, think rationally about what is/has been getting made recently, factories have a capacity after all:

* Rolling Target Restock

* Ultimate Avengers Pack Ins

* Darktide

* Waves 12/13

* TRU 4 - Packs

* Speed Racer

* John Stewart

etc etc,

Why this news has really shocked anyone I dont know, after all DCD them selves said at SDCC that they were looking at towards year end for Wave 1 now anyways.

Hey, I am no ass kisser, but lets try not to bite the hand that feeds us minimates.

Then why does it feel like we're starving? Unlike rubber pants on action figures, Minimates is one of the few innovations AA can boast about and it seems like they're doing nothing but testing the patience of their most loyal consumers.

I realize that a good share of the product decisions are out of their hands (those fall to DST, DCD, and licensors), but it seems like when the ball's in their court, they're dropping it.

Has AA lost its focus? Why is Digger in China again?

Theyre 2 inch tall block characters that basic sculpt never changes!!! How hard can it be to make the lil bastards?

And this years totally clueless award goes to..... well you get the idea... :)

Just because the basic body is the same doesnt mean that there is not a lot of work that goes into getting these made, there's all the fun of desiging, prototyping, moulding etc... and that's without any mishaps at the factory or during shipping etc.

Also because these are DCD then I'm assuming that they have to give thier ok at every stage of proceedings too.

Yes I'm as dissapointed as the rest of you that these got put back BUT lets try not to be intentionally negative just because you think it's cool to be seen doing that right now.

T.

whatever dude, you wanna kiss DCD or Art Asylums ass and play peacekeeper, fine by me. Just watch the personal attacks.

Ass kisser, no. sensible human who doesn't overreact to news about toys by posting the same thing repeatedly... maybe...

It's ok to have your say but it's getting old....

...From this thread alone in the last 24 hrs...

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.ph...post&p=9267

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.ph...post&p=9128

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.ph...post&p=9159

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.ph...post&p=9172

If you have a beef with AA go take it there I'm sick of listening to you bleat the same crap over and over, it's been delayed and acting like a kid who dropped his dummy isn't going to change anything, get over it or take it to AA and vent there.

T.

Look right.

The mates of have been resolicited. They ARE coming.

People seem to want to overlook my explanation of why it is although probably the most likely reason.

Until we know for sure we dont know anything.

Next person to raise their voice gets sent to the Shockertoys forum as punishment

Anyone care to speculate what the production difficulty might have been? It's pretty late in the game to blame anything but manufacturing. I mean, if the original release date for Wave 1 was supposed to be two weeks from today, these should have been on a boat last month.

I'm really looking forward to AA's press release.