UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

How many other Spideys are there?

Lobsterman

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta say, i really only want the "original" wrestler-suit (was that just the movie?? :blink:)

In his Amazing Fantasy origin story, his first "wrestler suit" consists of a white turtleneck, blue pants and socks, brown loafers and what looks like a fishnet stocking wrapped around his head. After that he switches to the FA Spidey costume (with HUGE armpit webs), and then quits wrestling (something to do with a dead relative?). But his origin's been retold and flashbacked so much, I'm sure there have been other versions.

A couple more for the mix...

Spidercide

Spiderman Reign

And we're not even clutching at straws yet!

If they make that Old Man Pete wearing only white boxers and a Spidey mask, that may be the end of the line for me. I'm assuming he had more clothes on in the rest of the series? I didn't make it past issue 1...

Edited by battlecat

Sad thing is that we'll likely see most of those some day.

Wouldn't mind a Kaine, myself. Never really read any of the clone saga and the chaos that surrounded it, but I always liked the concept of Kaine.

I completely agree, I feel it's a shame that he got swept away with all the other traces of the Clone Saga,especially now that we've had stories that are arguably as bad to take the sting out of it. They may never top it for sheer longevity, but give me Kaine, Ben Reilly and the Jackal over Morlun or Gwen Stacy's rapidly Aging Twins(now available at Wal-Mart!!) any day.

but give me Kaine, Ben Reilly and the Jackal over Morlun or Gwen Stacy's rapidly Aging Twins(now available at Wal-Mart!!) any day.

Come, Come, Valo. We've soooo moved past that. We're on to deals with the devil and the 70's status quo personal life.

Ladies:

Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew)

Spider-Woman (Julia Carpenter)

Spider-Woman (Mattie Franklin)

Arana

Spider-Girl

Ultimate Spider-Woman

Mangaverse Spider-Woman

Spider-Woman (Exiles Mary Jane)

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually I'll take that entire list!

Well done, Minifiend :)

If only DST thought like you...

Ladies:

Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew)

Spider-Woman (Julia Carpenter)

Spider-Woman (Mattie Franklin)

Arana

Spider-Girl

Ultimate Spider-Woman

Mangaverse Spider-Woman

Spider-Woman (Exiles Mary Jane)

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone get him a tissue. He may have sprung a leak

Someone get him a tissue. He may have sprung a leak

:blink: I think that was the sound of him Squeezing his "blow up companion" a bit too hard with all the excitement! :blink:

T.

EEEEEE!!!!!! Happyhappyhappyhappyhappy!!!!

And now I'll never quite look at TM2 Dinobot the same way again... :P

EEEEEE!!!!!! Happyhappyhappyhappyhappy!!!!

And now I'll never quite look at TM2 Dinobot the same way again... :P

You want a real head trip? See me in person. I actually do squee like a girl. I've heard it's hilarious seeing a grown man hopping up and down, clapping his hands and making high pitched noises. ;)

but give me Kaine, Ben Reilly and the Jackal over Morlun or Gwen Stacy's rapidly Aging Twins(now available at Wal-Mart!!) any day.

Come, Come, Valo. We've soooo moved past that. We're on to deals with the devil and the 70's status quo personal life.

Oh believe me I know, it'd just be hard to make 'mates from that story except for maybe Mephisto who would actually be cool, unless they can make a Spidey who can fit his head up his ass, or one of Joey Q giving all the fans the finger.

And let us not forget the possibility of remaking existing Spider-mates, but with slip-on masks!

There aren't that many left to do. Assuming that the movie license is off the table and can't be revisited, you'd have:

Battle-Damaged Spider-Man

Ultimate Spider-Man

Spider-Man 2099

Ben Reilly Spider-Man

Web Armor Spider-Man

Scarlet Spider

Torment Spider-Man

Melee Symbiote Spider-Man

Amazing Fantasy Spider-Man

Going back to Unmasked Spider-Man and Masked Spider-Man seems kind of pointless (though they could reuse the pulled up mask from the movie waves), and we know Marvel Zombies is off the table now (besides, he refused to take off his mask in that book because he was ashamed of who he had become).

Out of the list above, you can pretty much reuse the normal mask and sub your own choice of head and hair in for Ben Reilly and Amazing Fantasy Spidey. Spidey 2099 was a last minute substitute to begin with, so I don't see him being top of the list for a redo. With Ultimate Spider-Woman now on the table and the Ultimates coming out later this year, Ultimate Spidey might be on the horizon. If any of the other clones show up, Scarlet Spider would be a shoe-in.

*Sigh* I think about this stuff too much.