UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU series 3 pics with Moonstone and Bullseye!

luke314pi

Good sets to get into toy stores. I hope it works and brings up sales. Then we can get Kang, MODOK, etc.

I'll pick up the Moonstone/Bullseye set since I'll be getting all the others in the regular series. Probably get AIM sets if I go to a TRU and they have 'em so I can get more of those guys. And I still want that Iron Man!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone notice the Fully Masked Bullseye on the side of the package? The Maskless head is smiling, and the Masked head is not. I guess we're getting a mask piece to go over it similar to recent Spidey releases.

Edited by dark knight

I have access to many TRUs living in Los Angeles, and they are stocking Minimates exclusives. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of time to drive around looking for Minimates and these are selling well. Additionally, my local comic book store guy is now scalping TRU Minimates exclusives. He is buying up all the stock, marking up the price, and re-selling them in his store (he does this with Legends and Marvel Universe too).

Here is my point:

If you are worried about getting access to these exclusives, don't worry. I have access. The problem for you is going to be price. I don't know how to make these available to the community at retail prices. Here are the various fees associated with the exclusives if some else gets these for you:

Shipping

Scalper Mark-Up if I have to buy from annoying comic book guy

Gasoline to drive around the city

Time spent hunting for these = expensive gifts to my wife as bribes for "wasting time" on my hobby

PayPal fees for money transfers

Now, perhaps a group of members could work something out like Drgnrbrn suggests. Myself and others could spend a day gathering as many TRU exclusives as we can, and then bulk shipping all of these to a single person to handle the divying up to the rest of the members. The problem is this would be a serious capital outlay to buy up all these Exclusives, and we would be assuming all of the Risk if these don't sell. I don't need twenty extra Wolverine/Silver Fox 2-packs at $9.99 a piece.

So basically what I'm saying in this long rambling post is that as much as we all hate Ebay, you may in fact be getting the most efficient market price using Ebay to get these exclusives. Be patient and someone will eventually sell these online at a decent price. Last fall you could get TONS of Minimates at cheap, cheap prices on Ebay as they flooded the market. This will happen again.

So basically what I'm saying in this long rambling post is that as much as we all hate Ebay, you may in fact be getting the most efficient market price using Ebay to get these exclusives. Be patient and someone will eventually sell these online at a decent price.

Sadly, I think you may be right. Apart from the core monetary costs alone, I've expended a lot of energy and gas money looking for these things to help people out. The costs for "helpers" often end up being higher than they appear. Plus, the eBay markups aren't that bad. My main concern for non-U.S. members is the crazy shipping prices that they often have to pay.

Edited by karamazov80

I love minimates, but few sets actually provoke a physical reaction from me, but when I saw the new Bullseye and Moonstone set I sat straight up and yelled "sweet!" Does this make me happy? Absolutely. Does it also fetch me unpleasant looks in the library? Absolutely.

So... you think the AIM Soldier is labeled "exclusive" because he's packed with Bucky? As opposed to Wave 25.

That's an excellent question... Wolverine will be packed with Deadpool in the regular series, and the Wolv/Sabe 2-pack isn't labeled "exclusive."

Is there something unique about either the Cap or the AIM agent?

I'd also like to take this time to appreciate the awesomeness of that Bullseye.

Can anyone confirm that the 2-pack Punisher is different from that of the 4-pack? Someone here said he had a shinier vest, but I don't remember anyone putting the two side by side to confirm if this was the case or not.

Can anyone confirm that the 2-pack Punisher is different from that of the 4-pack? Someone here said he had a shinier vest, but I don't remember anyone putting the two side by side to confirm if this was the case or not.

I don't know about that, but the 2-pack Jigsaw didn't come with a gun, whereas the 4-pack one did. Hardly enough to warrant exclusive status, but that was the main difference I saw.

So basically what I'm saying in this long rambling post is that as much as we all hate Ebay, you may in fact be getting the most efficient market price using Ebay to get these exclusives. Be patient and someone will eventually sell these online at a decent price. Last fall you could get TONS of Minimates at cheap, cheap prices on Ebay as they flooded the market. This will happen again.

So quit whining and be patient, prices will come down. I can do that. Somthing to look forward to, I guess. Thanks for the figurative kick in the pants.

At least I get a fair shot at a Moonstone, and in the end that's a very good thing.

Now that I look at him, Venom is a bit disappointing. He'd look so much better if he had the newer minimate mask piece, he's gunna' look a bit awkward without it while the other ones do. Just a thought...

I can't wait for that Moonstone/Bullseye. It's great we'll be able to get a decent Thunderbolts team. :biggrin:

I've just had a wicked thought. All that gnashing of teeth an moaning about who should be In the Thunderbolts Boxset and the Dark Avengers Boxset, AA/DST work so many waves in advance they must have been laughing their little cotton socks off around the offices knowing full well that they where going to release a Moonstone and a Darker Bullseye all along and we are wailing they have no idea what the fans want.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ha, it's pretty amazing, that point. True, it's a pain that it's a Toys 'R Us exclusive that's going to be a pain to try and get ahold of, but that still doesn't mean that DST and AA aren't trying to get us the Minimates we want one way or another. And let me tell you, those are SWEET stinkin' looking mates!

I've just had a wicked thought. All that gnashing of teeth an moaning about who should be In the Thunderbolts Boxset and the Dark Avengers Boxset, AA/DST work so many waves in advance they must have been laughing their little cotton socks off around the offices knowing full well that they where going to release a Moonstone and a Darker Bullseye all along and we are wailing they have no idea what the fans want.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ha, it's pretty amazing, that point. True, it's a pain that it's a Toys 'R Us exclusive that's going to be a pain to try and get ahold of, but that still doesn't mean that DST and AA aren't trying to get us the Minimates we want one way or another. And let me tell you, those are SWEET stinkin' looking mates!

...and for those that weren't thrilled with the Thunderbolts set at all (I'm looking at me) the Armored Spidey/Max Venom is a nice alternative.

But really, would it kill DST/AA to make a Hydra/A.I.M. 2 pack for army builders? Isn't that the most obvious route?

I like the army builder stuff as much as the next fan but I just cant see them going down with the casual buyer on a toy aisle. It would just be a case of never heard of them, pass. I'm not saying they would stay on pegs as The comic fans would see the usefulness of them and pick them up. I just think it would be a hard sell to a company exec to get them to see that a Hellfire Goon & Hand Ninja pack would sell as many if not more then another Spidey/Hulk/Ironman 2 pack.

Even at BBTS, the Hydra Marvel Legends troops went on sale. They eventually sold out, but. . .probably at a loss. Check out the price:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...amp;mode=retail

This is the same store that was trying to sell 3 2-packs of ML figures for $90 last week.

I think the variant packed with army builder is a nice middle ground to help satiate those who want multiples, as I don't think that there is a big enough market for army builders to justify selling them on their own. Probably only a handful of board member here would even want more than 4 or 5.

Edited by karamazov80

I'm still hoping for an exclusive four-pack with one each of Hydra, AIM, Skrull, and maybe a Hand Ninja or Hellfire Goon. I'd buy an alarming number of those.

Make it a six-pack:

SHIELD Agent

AIM Agent

Hydra Agent

Skrull soldier

Hand Ninja

Hellfire Goon

It'd be the cat's ass, man.

And what would also be the cat's ass would be a Songbird minimate. She was a Thunderbolt the whooooole time AND it'd be one more awesome character for an Avengers Forever team!

Edited by Mystery Man

Even at BBTS, the Hydra Marvel Legends troops went on sale. They eventually sold out, but. . .probably at a loss. Check out the price:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...amp;mode=retail

This is the same store that was trying to sell 3 2-packs of ML figures for $90 last week.

I think the variant packed with army builder is a nice middle ground to help satiate those who want multiples, as I don't think that there is a big enough market for army builders to justify selling them on their own. Probably only a handful of board member here would even want more than 4 or 5.

This is an apples-and-oranges comparison. The Hydra soldier was the first (and only currently released) army builder in the entirety of Marvel Legends, and was part of the final general release wave of the line. I think Hasbro missed the boat on making army-building much of a pattern of ML collectors. They're including goons much earlier in the new Marvel Universe 4" line.

Since army building is a new phenomenon to Marvel 'mates it's hard to say how much it will take off, but I know I'd certainly buy a lot more packs containing army builders if I didn't get stuck with extraneous pack-mates I don't need.

Edited by metaphorge

Ah, but that is why we have the shiny TRU exclusive sticker! To help sell potential undersellers. They can change the ratio to having only 1 army builder 2-pack per box and test the waters. Even then, it’ll be a lot less peg warmers than Iron Monger for the Iron Man Movie Action Figures.

Yeah, I have to admit I would not be army building. I like that now I will be getting two of each of the army builders, but I do not really need more than that unless there is some discernible difference. I also think that with the difficulty people have been having getting the TRU exclusives, an army builder set would be just cruel. I think army collectors would buy up all of the stock and keep after-market prices high. I think we could easily see a case of the few really dictating market terms. Or conversely, it could back fire and we could see pegwarmers. Either way, packing an army builder with a character changes that dynamic. I like the variant+army builder method myself. It keeps me interested. It also get me buying TWO packs instead of just one army builder pack. It's been a long day. I don't know if that made sense.

Bullseye and Moonstone are going to be awesome.

I am loving being able to get minimates here local instead of ordering all of them online. It is difficult to not buy the ones at TRU that will be in upcoming wave because there they are and I don't have them and. . . .I . . . just... have to have them!

NERD. GASMMMMMM!!!!!!! Thank god; i was just about to make a Moonstone to coincide with my future DA customs, and npw i don't have too!! She looks PERFECT!! And Bullseye, well like Mac Gargan, FINALLY!! He looks great, and so much better than his first!!

Luckily that Web-armor and Mac pack is coming out. I need Web-armor and ...maybe??...another Mac. Can't tell yet.

And yay for the awsome army-builder pack. Thank the lord for retailers. This news made my day, especially Moonstone.

FYI: TTF is now a Moonstone fanatic after reading Ms Marvel 38. LOVE HER!!

FYI: TTF is now a Moonstone fanatic after reading Ms Marvel 38. LOVE HER!!

Aren't you a "fanatic" for pretty much every female character in the marvel universe? :D

SHH!! Don't tell Jeanie!!

Or Karla...

Or Emma...

...I see your point. :P

EDIT: Welcome, Rage...:P

And i just noticed: KARLA HAS EARS IN HER ARTWORK...:blink:

Edited by Twisted Two-Face