UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Greetings from TrekLord in Orlando

Hello One and All;

I'm trekLord, and I live in Orlando, Florida. I have ben collecting all scales of figures most of my life, starting with the original 12" GI Joe figures when I was 4 years old, back in 1966, when I also became a lifelong Trekkie. I started buying Star Trek figures as soon as Mego started making the 8-inch versions over 20 years ago. I also have a lot of the 4-inch Playmates Star trek figures, as well as some 9-inch ones. I also have Mego Planet of the Apes, 4-inch Star wars, 4-inch GI Joes, a 12-inch Princess Amidala, a GI Jane, a few Barbies (The Joes need girlfriends). I have a few Lego MiniFigs, a Kubrik Ellen Ripley, and a PALZ Die Hard "Tony" Figure.

I started collecting the 3" Star Trek MiniMates a few years ago, then moved on to the 2" Star Trek series, Battlestar Galactica, Back to the Future, Platoon, DC Heroes, Marvel Heroes, and the Spirit movie figures. I have over 100 Minimates, and a few hundred figures in the other scales, to date, and plan to keep collecting whatever I can, especially Star Trek characters.

I joined the Forums very recently, and found myself welcomed by everyone, especially by minijeff, with whom I correspond with often.

Sincerely,

TrekLord

This may come less than a month late but... A Huge Welcome to the Multiverse! :D For a forum devoted almost entirely to two-inch plastic people, it can get pretty wild and interesting here ;)

This may come less than a month late but... A Huge Welcome to the Multiverse! :D For a forum devoted almost entirely to two-inch plastic people, it can get pretty wild and interesting here ;)
Seriously, NorthRaider is right. You should visit this thread if you know how to decipher codes.

And welcome, we hope you enjoy your stay! :)

Welcome dude. And now, as is custom for me in to new people I will give you a T42 Quotes Challenge. Where I quote a movie and you say where it's from.

You get: "Say it. Out Loud."

Welcome dude. And now, as is custom for me in to new people I will give you a T42 Quotes Challenge. Where I quote a movie and you say where it's from.

Thank you for the welcome message, and the quiz question.

I cannot place the quote for sure, but I think it's from a Musical, perhaps "Rent"?

Sincerely,

TrekLord

Welcome Treklord!

minijeff sure is an awesome dude, and I'm pretty sure you will think the same about a lot of people here :)

Oh GOD. I actually know this one, and I really shouldn't admit it. :P

Thank you for the welcome message, and the quiz question.

I cannot place the quote for sure, but I think it's from a Musical, perhaps "Rent"?

Sincerely,

TrekLord

Nope! Sorry! It's actually

Twilight.

Feel no shame in that. It was an OK movie (good date movie) based off a good book that happened to have a buch of rather stupid sequels. Except Eclipse. Eclipse wasn't bad. New Moon and Breaking Dawn SUCKED ASS though.

Nope! Sorry! It's actually

Twilight.

Haha! I knew it!

I just heard of that film, and the original book(s) a few weeks ago; I'm basically a sci-fi film fan primarily. I did see a pretty cool trailer for that, so I plan to see it on rental DVD/Cable TV when it becomes available.