• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha ha! :lol:

wait - are you joking or serious? :ermm:

my Ex Boyfirend

Just clarify this one bit for me...

I'm gay.

Ergo: A Dude & have an Ex Boyfriend.

EDIT: Sorry guys, think i've high-jacked the original thread topic.

Edited by Nessex

my Ex Boyfirend

I'm gay.

Ah, no worries. So sorry if I came across as sounding like an utter douche. :stick:

my Ex Boyfirend

I'm gay.

Ah, no worries. So sorry if I came across as sounding like an utter douche. :stick:

Dude - NO offence taken at all. For the most part - this a Straight boys domain, so it's a total non-issue. I can understand the assumption. ;)

Edited by Nessex

kara, nothing really, just think about this though, what the hell does his breath smell like...

I have heard tell of people whose breath smells like "ass," so it is entirely possible that his breath would smell like "face."

I knew I was a Minimate addict when I started giving an explanation/disclaimer before I let anyone in my apartment.

...when I stopped having any surface space to display new mates.

...when my credit card bill ran onto a second page.

...when I'd had so many packages that my mailman spontaneously brought up that he collected toys too.

...pretty much when I joined this board :)

kara, nothing really, just think about this though, what the hell does his breath smell like...

I have heard tell of people whose breath smells like "ass," so it is entirely possible that his breath would smell like "face."

If someone said my breath smells like ass I would ask them where they had been putting their nose and how long it took them to become an expert in ass diving. Then I would be ready to dodge the first punch.

back on topic. You Know your a addict when...This site is the most visited in your PC history per day :)

edit: and nessex, i'm sorry, its just late here, i didn't think about that, staying up late while tired and watching re-animator will do that to you

Re-Animator?!?!?! Awesome - you just become my new hero! That movie is so messed up!

I am certainly not trying to hijack the thread but what is it that everyone found so great about the street fighter mates? I have never cared for them at all.

You've obviously never grown up an Asian kid who idolized a video-game-savvy big brother when SF2 first came out on SEGA.

You're right I have never been Asian.

I am certainly not trying to hijack the thread but what is it that everyone found so great about the street fighter mates? I have never cared for them at all.

You've obviously never grown up an Asian kid who idolized a video-game-savvy big brother when SF2 first came out on SEGA.

You're right I have never been Asian.

:lol:

But seriously, the whole appeal of Street Fighter probably just stems from a cultural thing, that's all. I seriously couldn't even fathom people who have never heard of the game. But then again there once was a time when I'd never even heard of Watchmen, Doctor Who, Micronauts or whatnot so this is probably just a whole 'nother case of "your mileage may vary" :yes:

Edited by NorthRaider

Familiarity does, I'm sure, play a role. Personally, I'm a big SF2 fan, but only really like the Ryu, Chun Li, and Bison Minimates (regular colors). The variant colors and more obscure characters never appealed to me, and I actually enjoyed playing as Dimitri in Darkstalkers. So, maybe they aren't the greatest Minimates based on their own merits.

you know your an addict ....when you have to sneak new additions in to your display without your girlfriend spotting them. Over a week and she has'nt spotted warmachine (although the shocker coming in the mail soon may be a problem im running out of space) :P

... when at least four of the sites you frequent start with www.minimate...

...when on vacation you visit more locations in search of minimates than places you actually came to visit.

...when you slip in prayers to find mates amongst your other prayers, to your deity of choice.

...when every coat, vehicle, and bag you own has at least one mate in it at all times.

...when you buy a minimate you already have multiples of just because it is cheap.

Edited by vbpanizzi

You know your a minimate addict when you have to sneak your new girlfriend past your 'display' without the minimates spotting her :blink: Those guys get so damn jealous :rolleyes:

...when BHM's joke makes you start imagining what it would be like if all your minimates came to life... and it sounds like fun!

...when you know the first names of at least five DST employees.

you know your a minimate addict when...

...your wife refers to "those online people" as "your little minimate family" and gets annoyed when you talk to them too much

...when your 4 and 5 year old daughters say "are you on the minimate site again?"

...when you get a $10 per pay period allowance to go into a separate bank account to be used as a minimate fund

...when you have Excel spreadsheets to track the mates you have, want[\s] need, have preordered, are in the mail etc.

...when you have calenders set up to monitor when release dates are, when the kitty will be funded and when your preorders will come out

...when you are typing this post while making dinner

I swear I don't neglect my family as much as it sounds above :ermm::P

BS

You know your a minimate addict when...

... you decide to try and get out of minimates and then go to put them away and the look on there faces makes you keep them out.

... When you got to toysrus three days in a row to find a wave of minimates that you said you weren't going to get and that you don't even know if the movies that good.

... When your spouse starts saying you spend to much time with your little lego-like men. (it took me forever to get her to stop calling them Lego men.)

... When you have two credit cards; one for the essentials, one for Ordering your "collections" online and the collections one has a larger amount able to be charged to it.

... When you buy a thirty dollar shoe rack that isn't for shoes, but it makes a good display...

... When you have to buy a storage unit just to keep the packages out of your garage.

... When you local comic shop knows to hold any and all minimates products for you with your pulls. "Ow Well we just figured you'de buy them, even though it is a barney minimates..."