UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Secret Wars Box Set

drgnrbrn316

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard back from TRU about my question regarding how they can take preorders, then not bother to order the correct amount of stock to cover said orders. They're blaming the distributor for not sending them enough.

Anyway, I did receive word that my order is being processed, so maybe I can get my hands on these soon.

I heard back from TRU about my question regarding how they can take preorders, then not bother to order the correct amount of stock to cover said orders. They're blaming the distributor for not sending them enough.

Um... then why did they put mine on back order back in September months before they ever came in? Did they know back then they weren't given enough? But I thought they never knew what they were getting when? (Sarcasm distributed here) Nice to know that as sloppy as the store distribution is, apparently the website is even less organized.

I'm not sure what I think about the allegations that they just didn't receive enough stock in to cover all the orders.

I'm not well versed in the behind the scene actions of these major retailers, so it seems possible that if they ordered a huge quantity of product, then maybe the factory couldn't keep up with the demand, meaning they get their stock in smaller chunks.

DST is a smaller distributor than, say, Hasbro, so it could be within the realm of possibility.

This still ranks amongst my favorite responses from TRU, since I actually detected a hint of frustration in their response, meaning they are either tired of dealing with Minimate questions, or more likely, tired of dealing with me.

I finally found this set last night. Pretty cool. Capt. Marvel (or Photon) will be with my Avengers and Spidey will be in a separate case with all my other Spidey variants. Its really a shame that The Beyonder and Doom (while are good mates in their own right) wont make it into my main display. I prefer Classic Doom and where would Beyonder fit in? Hes better just left out. Its a good set but is trumped by Infinity Gauntlet. I think like a lot of folks I really just got it for Photon.

is anyone having problems with photons hair and hands?or am i the only one.

Your Photon doesn't seem to be treating you well either. Well, I'm having troubles with her feet. The best analogy I can think of for my problem is Photon having high heels but without the heel so she keep falling backwards when I try to stand her up. I need to chip away the front bottom part of both her feet since there is a thin lining of paint left there making her uneven.

These have not and likely will not show up on shelves in my area.

However, I did recently receive shipping confirmation from TRU.com recently. It seems that the three sets I ordered from their website will be delivered to me...in three separate boxes. <_<

Edit: Looking back at the three separate emails I received, it seems they will all be shipped via UPS to a mail sorting facility so that they can mail them to me in three separate envelopes. I'm actually kinda glad that most of the Marvel stuff doesn't show up on their website. Much less frustrating dealing with Multiverse members or eBay, plus the packaging tends to be in better condition.

Edited by drgnrbrn316

Some comparison shots of the original Secret Wars Dr. Doom figure and the new minimate from the box set. They did an amazing job with the paint apps to make it identical to the original. If only they would have sculpted his leg apparatus, holster, thing in green. I guess I'll have to paint it to match.

P1010002_editedSmall.jpg

P1010003_editedSmall-2.jpg

Edited by hulk197

Maybe some yellow on the belt buckle too.

Take the "power crotch" piece off ;)

Well I'll be dipped in gold paint, will you look at that? I hadn't done that yet. Duh... Thanks!

Edited post and pics above.

Edited by hulk197

Thanks for the comparison pics, hulk197. But I do have a question... where did you find a SW Doom with the paint details still on the chest and a silver nose? 'Cause mine, it don't look that good no more. Your Iron Man still has a yellow unibeam, and Cap still has his tummy stripes too huh?

My original Secret Wars figures look pitiful. Cap has paint wear all over, Spidey is missing most of his lines, Iron Man's uni-beam is red. Fortunately, after losing them 20 some-odd years ago, I acquired some Wolverine claws on eBay last year!