UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Unofficial AFX Marvel boxed set input thread.

murderofcrows

Marvel Minimates Exclusives!

So now that Champions has been revealed, we still have a few more box sets in the works for 2009. However we would like to get YOUR input as to what 4-packs you would like to see us pursue in the future! Please let us know and you can be sure we will work with Diamond Select Toys on the best possible options for 2010! Thanks in advance!

from the AFX Blog

you can call me moc847

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we all agreed to send in requests for the same set (along with whatever our own, personal "pet" sets would be, of course), then this could be a great chance for us to get a box set that we might not otherwise see.

If we all agreed to send in requests for the same set (along with whatever our own, personal "pet" sets would be, of course), then this could be a great chance for us to get a box set that we might not otherwise see.

Seriously this is the best damn idea we could do to get our top pick

If we had a united front, we might even get to call it the multiverse pack :)

Just include Black Knight, Kang, and Hydra Goon and you have my vote :)

It might make sense to do a series of polls to determine the 4 figures that "we" think are most highly desirable while at the same time, not highly likely to be released in the next, say, 2-3 waves or box sets (not that I would presume that others would necessarily agree with the idea of the "Minimate collective vote"). Of course, it wouldn't hurt to also think about coherent sets that fit well together.

In any case, I would guess that Hydra goon would nearly be a lock for a forthcoming set, given the new focus on 2 army-builders per case. But Kang is something that there is a lot of support for here, though he is by no means guaranteed. Maybe 3 B-list Avengers and Kang could work. Or 2 B-list "good guys" (like Black Knight and Jocasta, or Jack of Hearts) and 2 B-list "bad guys" (Kang [sorry, but he just isn't as well known as hordes of others] and Baron Zemo or Arnim Zola).

Edited by karamazov80

It might make sense to do a series of polls to determine the 4 figures that "we" think are most highly desirable while at the same time, not highly likely to be released in the next, say, 2-3 waves or box sets (not that I would presume that others would necessarily agree with the idea of the "Minimate collective vote"). Of course, it wouldn't hurt to also think about coherent sets that fit well together.

In any case, I would guess that Hydra goon would nearly be a lock for a forthcoming set, given the new focus on 2 army-builders per case. But Kang is something that there is a lot of support for here, though he is by no means guaranteed. Maybe 3 B-list Avengers and Kang could work. Or 2 B-list "good guys" (like Black Knight and Jocasta, or Jack of Hearts) and 2 B-list "bad guys" (Kang [sorry, but he just isn't as well known as hordes of others] and Baron Zemo or Arnim Zola).

Kara...your idea for a black knight, jocasta, jack of hearts and Kang and Zemo.... i have much love in my heart for you right now.

I think the poll idea is excellent.

moc847

Edited by murderofcrows

That is a damn good idea. Personally, I'd love to see the Lizard, a new Carnage, and Kang.

However, my guilty characters of choice are Spot and Deaths Head1. D: And I'm pretty sure we'll never see them.

Nooooo, we need a Crossbones, Winter Soldier, Falcon, and some other character to go with them.

I could go for a few more Spidermen, maybe a Lunch Time Spidey, Napping Spidey, Omega BD Spidey, and Lets milk this character some more to fill out the wave Spidey.

I swear to god if you ruin this with these lame ass characters.... :)

:lol:

That is a damn good idea. Personally, I'd love to see the Lizard, a new Carnage, and Kang.

Don't you think that we will probably get a Lizard at some point anyway, though? I would be willing to put some money down on us getting at least one more Spidey villains set or wave, with Lizard, Vulture, Electro, and a much needed, updated Doc Ock or something.

I think Falcon would be a great idea if a "B-list Avengers and nemeses" set were feasible.

Edited by karamazov80

The GLA!!!!

Mr. Invincible

Doorman

Dinah Soar

Big Bertha

With a cutout Flatman on the back of the card.

I would give away all of the Minimates in my collection for this to happen. (assuming a Squirrel Girl & Grasshopper two pack was released later)

Edited by Shamrock

As for pre-existing teams that aren't likely to get their own sets, I think Squadron Supreme, Starjammers, Technet, or Clan Destine would be cool.

Wrecking Crew might also be an idea.

I think Alpha Flight, Excalibur, Inhumans, and first appearance X-Men are probably going to be made anyway at some point.

Though I could personally live without them, an "X-Force" set might sell (Cannonball, updated Cable, Domino, and Sunspot or something).

Edited by karamazov80

I'm down with an Alpha Flight set as well as an AoA X-Men (Weapon X, Jean Grey, Cyclops and Nate Grey), Guardians of the Galaxy and Inhumans sets. I also wouldn't mind a set based upon Captain Britain and the MI13.

However, how much bribery would it take to rig this so that I could get an UltraForce set featuring Prime, Prototype, Topaz and NightMan?

Edited by jjwspider

Inhumans

Spidey villains: Vulture, Electro, Lizard, Morbius

Avengers: Kang, Falcon, Black Panther, Black Knight

Iron Man villains: Titanium Man, Crimson Dynamo, Mandarin, the Ghost

Captain Mar-Vell, Moondragon, Quasar.

Agardians: Warriors Three and Odin.

Edited by Mystery Man

i would really like a new Storm. a Banshee. a Jubilee. a Multiple Man. i want an all X-Man set (though we're kinda getting it with wave 28) to finish my X-Men team! then some more Avengers. YOUNG avengers, that is!

What he said.

Also, a redo of Storm in her white costume from the 90s cartoon would be cool. And *ahem* INHUMANS!!!!!!!

But yes, I think we need to settle this with a vote as well.

It's got to be

Excalibur

Captain Britain (second costume)

Phoenix (rachel summers red costume)

Shadowcat (classic costume)

Nightcrawler (for all the johnny come latelies who missed him first and second time around)

Or...

MI13

Captain Britain (current costume, ugh, but hey, it's Cap B)

Pete Wisdom

Spitfire (helping to round out the Invaders as well)

Black Knight (helping to round out the Avengers as well)

Nooooo, we need a Crossbones, Winter Soldier, Falcon, and some other character to go with them.

I could go for a few more Spidermen, maybe a Lunch Time Spidey, Napping Spidey, Omega BD Spidey, and Lets milk this character some more to fill out the wave Spidey.

We need M.O.D.O.K., Mandadrin, Crossbones, Lizard, and Baron Von Strucker

Like in the other thread, were we were wishfully thinking what the soon to be announced AFX boxsets might consist, I wish for The Wrecking Crew, The Inhumans, maybe Excalibur or Thunderbolts as a team box set.

For single Characters I'd love to see a (modern) Falcon, Black Panther, maybe Winter Soldier, Moon Knight and a Foot Hand Ninja. I would also love to see - but that's a very personal thing and I could just start customizing him instead - a new, not Ultimate but post-Director of SHIELD Nick Fury. One who better blends in with recent waves of mates.

I'd say someone sumerize the wishes and make up a poll (one for single characters another for teams?), so we can effectivly address the top ranking ones to AFX. Just like Karamazov and others suggested. But keep in mind that with great power comes great responsibility.

I agree that a voting process must be devised or there will be too many random choices by individual forum members. I know that certain characters are more sought after (such as Kang for example) than others. But the other 3 choices to pack in with Kang would be varied from one end of the spectrum to the other. How do we (AS A GROUP) decide who is to be included in these 4 packs?

I'm all for "majority rules" if we can narrow down between 5 to 10 boxed sets choices. But how do we nail down the minimates included in these boxed sets? I'll gladly start a poll thread if we can come to some concensus that'll make everybody happy.