UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New TRU Exclusive Wave

IndieMate

http://www.artasylum.com/gallery/toys-r-us-minimates/

Apparently they're releasing the Heroes and Vilians boxset as two-packs at TRU. The wave goes like:

Spider-man and Green Goblin

Hulk and Dr. Doom

Wolverine and Magneto

Plus the Union Jack/Wonder Man set. Also thought it was interesting that they don't have Red Skull and Cap America.

Whatever, I think this wave deserves its own thread.

I second the motion!

As a similar yet separate product, I agree. However, I doubt that many of us (completists excluded) will actually be getting these (other than the Union Jack/Wonderman excl.) as the 4-packs are more appealing. Decent starter-sets for the uninitiated, though.

I always wanted to say that.

... but then what would the original thread be about then? Just the Union Jack/Wonder Man pack?

Yes, that's what it was about.

Really, you guys expect me to look through EVERY single post?

Guys, I think we need to leave the moderating to the staff. I'm not taking sides and I see where both sides are coming from, but way too often I see someone popping in and telling the author of a thread "we're already discussing this here". My suggestion would be the next time this happens, hit the report button and let the staff handle things. Most likely they'll merge it with the thread already in progress, that's there call though, not members. Back on topic, what does Wonder Man have to do with Union Jack? That has to be the weirdest 2 pack I've ever seen. It would have been better to see Wonder Man and the Perez Beast in a 2 pack and did someone from the Invaders with Union Jack or that vampire guy that is his nemesis(?).

Sooo is this thread about TRU mates, Union Jack / Wonder Man, or self policing our posts? I'm SO CONFUSED!!! And while we're at it, how come most posts in the Mates on Ebay are random comments on something else someone allready posted, not listing about mates on ebay. And don't get me started on how we have a seperate thread for BSG mates and BSG the series! I suppose when and if the new show comes out you'll start a whole new thread? And waht if they make mates for the new show, will they get their own thread? ANARKY!!!!! :wallbash:

However, I doubt that many of us (completists excluded) will actually be getting these (other than the Union Jack/Wonderman excl.) as the 4-packs are more appealing. Decent starter-sets for the uninitiated, though.

That's what I thought too (and why I didn't start a new thread). So I guess the question is: How many of us will be getting these re-release two-packs? Has there been any word on when these will be released? I can't recall. Who is going to be buying multiples of Wolverine to make an army of X-men?

Edited by Turtle

Who is going to be buying multiples of Wolverine to make an army of X-men?

I may buy one or two for that purpose, but probably not. Not a huge fan of those lame Jim Lee outfits, but for Forge at least, this is probably the most recognizable get-up to me.

And while we're at it, how come most posts in the Mates on Ebay are random comments on something else someone allready posted, not listing about mates on ebay.

Where should we post our random comments about Minimate ebay findings then ? Perhaps the kubrick thread?

I understood that this was a forum.....a place for discussion. Someone finds something on ebay....he/she posts that 'finding' ....members perhaps discuss it .

Maybe I got it wrong ?

Not a huge fan of those lame Jim Lee outfits

And suddenly I don't care how you feel about new Cap's costume. I can't quite put my finger on it, but there is just something off about the Jim Lee standard X-uniform. An update of the classic uniform, to be sure, but somehow it just doesn't quite work for me. I guess it it just so very blue and so very yellow and, ultimately, so very cheesy. Kitty's Astonishing costume was a much better update of the classic.

However, I doubt that many of us (completists excluded) will actually be getting these (other than the Union Jack/Wonderman excl.) as the 4-packs are more appealing. Decent starter-sets for the uninitiated, though.

That's what I thought too (and why I didn't start a new thread). So I guess the question is: How many of us will be getting these re-release two-packs? Has there been any word on when these will be released? I can't recall. Who is going to be buying multiples of Wolverine to make an army of X-men?

I won't be. I wasn't planning of getting the heroes set anyway, since I have no real need for new versions of any of those characters. My only worry is that TRU won't be carrying the box sets now, which seems like a real shame if that's the case.

And suddenly I don't care how you feel about new Cap's costume. I can't quite put my finger on it, but there is just something off about the Jim Lee standard X-uniform. An update of the classic uniform, to be sure, but somehow it just doesn't quite work for me. I guess it it just so very blue and so very yellow and, ultimately, so very cheesy. Kitty's Astonishing costume was a much better update of the classic.

:D I think they were a sign of the times. In the early 90s, skin-tight, University of Michigan-colored outfits with useless straps all around the legs and neck seemed like such a good idea, but in hindsight, they just don't work.

Being a completist-collector ....I love these TRU sets. Way back 'in the day' I used to moan like f**k about the Target exclusives ,the Wal-Mart exclusives & the TRU exclusives because they were all so inaccessible to me here in 'The land of no money'. In reality these TRU exclusives will now be 'possible' for me to attain (with a fair bit of help from my friends)but they aren't easy ....& I love the chase. :P

I was recently in a local TRU and it looks like these will be next to the new Hasbro Marvel Universe stuff on the pegs. Looked to be either 3 or 6 pegs. I was so excited I forgot :lol:

... but then what would the original thread be about then? Just the Union Jack/Wonder Man pack?

To be fair Iowa the links people gave you were given to be helpful. The first link in particular has been a very popular topic over the last couple of weeks and was kind of difficult to miss.

To be fair Iowa the links people gave you were given to be helpful. The first link in particular has been a very popular topic over the last couple of weeks and was kind of difficult to miss.

Yeah, but that thread was about the Wonder Man and Union Jack pack(Hehe, that rhymes...), and I don't feel like going through all 8 pages just to see if they mention the packs. I think this is important news and it deserves its own thread.

Oh well, I'm not trying to pick a fight or anything, I'm just sayin'...