UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wolverine Origins Packing shots and 2 exclusives.

MiniFiend UK

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See, I'm really not a fan of Cyclops or Wolverine. Cyclops is very one-dimensional in most stories and Wolverine has so much over-exsposure that the only things he hasn't done or been is been the Pope or be a 400 pound Hawaiian woman named Judy. And what's funny is X-books have always been my favorite reading since I started comics 15-20 years ago. I don't really have a favorite character, but enjoy the team dynamics of it all. Both Wolverine and Cyclops have their place and, so long as the emphasis isn't too much on either, I think it works. I really enjoyed Astonishing X-Men because Wolverine was in it, but was far from the focus.

But, as I said before, if Wolverine sells more Minimates and makes way for those I like more, than I'll keep buying them. I just think that DST or some store that can sell an exclusive will miss a great opportunity if they don't find a way to sell some of the other characters from the movie.

Cyclops is very one-dimensional in most stories

You must not have read much of the Claremont stuff from the 80s. I haven't read all that stuff, but I know that on several occasions stories focused specifically on Cyclops--his dilemmas being leader, taking over a new team, and his trouble following Jean's "death," etc., and even when those stories didn't focus on him, he still seemed to be a pretty fully fleshed out character to me. It is the movies (and possibly some of the more recent comics--I don't know) that really gave him the shaft by treating him like a cardboard cut-out and gave him very little screen time.

He actually dies in the 3rd movie, and not only do they not show it, but the viewer doesn't care and it doesn't really affect the story except for making some of the other X-Men a little upset, if I remember correctly.

Everybody got the shaft in X3. That was one of the worst movies I have ever seen.

Cyclops is one of my favorite X-men. He is a champ. I really liked Joss Whedon's portrayal of not just Scott, but everyone else on that astonishing team. It very much took me back to the old days, back before Jim Lee and the 90's, back when the X-Men was a good comic to read, not just to stare at.

Back to Wolverine... X3 is the reason I have very low expectations for this flick. These 'mates look cool, though.

I can't wait to get that Deadpool!

I don't mean to pee in your cornflakes but whats so great about this Deadpool? He comes with some cool accessories but other than that hes just a guy with a red shirt. I just don't see the appeal. That pretty much goes for the whole wave. The Wolvie Through the Ages set looks much more interesting.

I, personally, HATE Logan with a passion; i can't express any care for a Canadian with the power to open cans and save money on Band-aids. :angry:

I don't hate Wolverine as a character, but this line really made me laugh. :biggrin: Thanks TTF!

And TM2, I didn't say there was anything wrong with it, per se but it's not what MM are for and certainly not why I collect them.

Everybody got the shaft in X3. That was one of the worst movies I have ever seen.

Don't think of X3 as terrible movie, think of it as a fight scene that ran too long. Although 100 minutes for a fight scene with some bits of plot and fan-service strung throughout is pretty weak, I guess. :ermm:

I'm hoping that Wolverine's origin movie is the third X-Men movie that I've been waiting for since 2003. The Last Stand didn't cut it.

Okay, I LOVED X3. Say what you will, but it was the perfect comic book movie. It was like reading an issue. Non-stop action, plot lines that go nowhere, characters dying for no reason, the entire movie being retconed at the end. I was totally able to sit back and go for a ride on that one.

Though if they ever follow up, I always wanted Scott to not be "dead" but rather be "cured" and have amnesia, and being taken care of by Emma Frost, who thinks he is her pet. :)

I wasn't really much of a Cyclops fan until I read Whedon's Astonishing X-Men.

I can't wait to get that Deadpool!

I don't mean to pee in your cornflakes but whats so great about this Deadpool? He comes with some cool accessories but other than that hes just a guy with a red shirt. I just don't see the appeal. That pretty much goes for the whole wave. The Wolvie Through the Ages set looks much more interesting.

I'm a sucker for neat accessories, plus it's nice to see some exposure for a great character, even if it is abit simplistic. Perhaphs it's just my optimism? I can understand why some may not be impressed with it.

I agree, though, that the "Through the Ages" set seems more interesting.

Edited by Nekoi

Don't think of X3 as terrible movie, think of it as a fight scene that ran too long. Although 100 minutes for a fight scene with some bits of plot and fan-service strung throughout is pretty weak, I guess. :ermm:

I'm hoping that Wolverine's origin movie is the third X-Men movie that I've been waiting for since 2003. The Last Stand didn't cut it.

That's totally how I would have thought of it, except the few plot points and nods that were tossed in were all... terrible for the most part. I hope Wolverine is better, but I am not holding my breath.

Okay, I LOVED X3. Say what you will, but it was the perfect comic book movie. It was like reading an issue. Non-stop action, plot lines that go nowhere, characters dying for no reason, the entire movie being retconed at the end. I was totally able to sit back and go for a ride on that one.

Though if they ever follow up, I always wanted Scott to not be "dead" but rather be "cured" and have amnesia, and being taken care of by Emma Frost, who thinks he is her pet. :)

I'm hoping if they ever follow up, it starts with Scott or Prof. X waking up from a bad dream and realizing that it was a message from Jean warning them of the terrible things that could happen if Brett Ratner ever directs an X-flick again.

I guess we define "perfect comic book movie" differently, but I'm glad you enjoyed it.

That's totally how I would have thought of it, except the few plot points and nods that were tossed in were all... terrible for the most part. I hope Wolverine is better, but I am not holding my breath.

I agree with you on X3. Let's look on the bright side, Juggernaut's costume was cool! And... that's about it for the highlights of X3.

I agree with you on X3. Let's look on the bright side, Juggernaut's costume was cool! And... that's about it for the highlights of X3.

Ah, I disagree. Juggernaut's line to Kitty Pryde was also cool. . .that was it, though.

And don't forget, dedicated Cyke fan, that Cyclops is involved in this upcoming flick. Not a lead, but he's there for more optic-blastification. I like him, too, but it's hard for him to seem as cool as a samurai badass who cuts people up with his knife hands...laser eyes vs. knife hands. Well, when I put it that way, "laser eyes" sounds cooler...but I still like Mr.Howlett a bit better. It depends though, because I do like Cyclops recent costume , the one that blends a few of his looks and has the cap.

It is refreshing to know another person that likes both Cyclops AND Wolverine. For some reason, most X-Fans think they have to choose one over another. I personally identify with Cyclops just a bit more. I think what I like most about Cyclops is that he is a strong, smart leader and strategist... and it has nothing to do with his powers. Sure his optic blasts are handy, but they are not as useful compared to a lot of other mutant powers. In a way, Cyclops is a strong X-Men because of his own human abilities, and not his mutant powers. I think that is cool. I like Wolverine because of his loyalty to his team, in spite his animal instincts and muddled history making him feel like a loner. Plus his fighting abilities and willingness to do anything for his team is impressive.

BUT, I don't mind seeing a lot of Wolverine, if he sells, and keeps the Marvel Minimate line afloat, then he is okay in my eyes.

I've always been a Cyke fan. I remember that as a kid, I always wanted wolverine and Cyclops to have their own show together.

That's exactly the way I look at it. A wolverine goon like me will pick up the logans in every set, and it will keep the obscure guys a' comin'.

You say you love Cyclops? What's that, you also love Deadpool? And Baraka from Mortal Kombat? But you wish you could combine the three into the greatest character of all times? Fear not my friends, click for "spoiler" picture and see your wishes all come true!:

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/s...mp;postcount=79

You say you love Cyclops? What's that, you also love Deadpool? And Baraka from Mortal Kombat? But you wish you could combine the three into the greatest character of all times? Fear not my friends, click for "spoiler" picture and see your wishes all come true!:

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/s...mp;postcount=79

I just kind of threw up in my mouth a little.

>:(

AARGH My EYES!!! :sick:

Why, Oh WHY, does our Deadpool have LASER EYES!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

my hypothesis is that his is NOT deadpool (despite what the toys say), but rather he'll be

an amalgamation of all the inmates powers in one manufactured mutant. Cyclops' blasts, Deadpools agility, Wolverines claws etc. . .

I think they've labeled the toys 'Deadpool' because it's a more popular well known name & would sell better than Weapon XI.

I think you are probably right, and he essentially becomes

Mimic

somehow, which is another thing they are doing to Deadpool that makes no freakin' sense whatsoever. Man, he looks horrible.

Edited by karamazov80

I think you are probably right, and he essentially becomes

Mimic

somehow, which is another thing they are doing to Deadpool that makes no freakin' sense whatsoever. Man, he looks horrible.

lolwut... You're being serious? Deadpool will somehow have Mimics(Bad comic character is bad) powers?