UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Classic Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider at AFX!

MINI_MYTE

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2" restriction bud. You really want a non-stilty Stilt Man?

I dunno - as long as you left the actual Minimate 2" tall, and sold him with 4" tall stilt feet, that might be enough to get around the 2" restriction.

I will cling to this hope, because I would take a Stilt-Man Minimate. And a Swarm Minimate.

Who did the Champions go against? Maybe we might get a villian

Having located a few early Champions issues from the Buttheadsmate-Cave (non-C3) I was first of all reminded yet again how bad ,old comics,smell :( This is despite being bagged,boxed & carded.

Didn't anybody remember Venus as a Champion? No nor did I ! In the first few issues they are battling Pluto,Hippolyta (Queen of the Amazons) & Ares....& the Huntsman :ohmy: , here on Earth & up in Olympus.

There is very little in these very early issues to get too excited about except for page 1 of issue 3 which features a scantily clad Natasha whilst page 1 of issue 5 starts of with the title ''The Economy is so bad that.....'' :huh: whilst the first paragraph adds " These days the only way to get a dollar to go far is to toss it out of an airplane". The final 'pointy paragraph thingy' then goes on to say " Presenting the everyman of super-villains.....the first menace born of the recession....RAMPAGE!"

These comics are 1976 vintage & I was a lad :ohmy: but things don't seem to have changed much do they.

post-638-1234898147_thumb.jpg

Anybody remember the name of the Black Widow's Chauffeur/Minder ? He's not in the Database!

Actually, I just googled their name, and found out that they battled Modok! Personally, I would be more than willing to sacrifice Herc or Black Widow (or both) for Modok, though I don't think it has even a remote chance of happening.

[/quote

I think if there was ever a time for a MODOK it would be now. Especially, with the coming of the AIM minis.

One never knows what you might get.

Did they ever fight Kang, Electro, Black Knight, Mandarian........................

I guess they stick to the 4 mates box and all of these are going to be Champions team members. Just the way they did it with Invaders and Defenders box sets. BUT: after getting those classic teams, there might be a chance for an all villain box set, featuring the Defenders', Invaders' and Champions' most iconic enemies. There, my beloved fellow true believers, there might be a chance of getting some oldschool villains just as obscure as the superhero teams themselves, like Modok, Master-Man, Dormammu and the Hulk!

I think the chance for Villains is very unlikely as the Champions mostly borrowed them from other teams (much like their supporting-team members). If this truly is a Champions box set (which seems to be the case), I would imagine that it will mimic the Defenders box (4 heroes) and contain 2 of 3 choices: Hercules, Black Widow, or Iceman (my money being on the first two as they are the main founding members and haven't been produced for the Avengers yet...selling factor). If there were to be 5, then I could see Iceman making the cut. Anything else would be inappropriate to the source.

Now as for that classic Ghost Rider...I absolutely love it (glad I was lazy, as a custom of this was on my "to-do list")!! This is my Ghost Rider, and the only true Johnny Blaze that we've received (IMHO) and differs greatly from the first 3 that were all based on the spiky-90's garb (Danny Ketch).

There, my beloved fellow true believers, there might be a chance of getting some oldschool villains just as obscure as the superhero teams themselves, like Modok, Master-Man, Dormammu and the Hulk!

Good idea! However, I think the villain role call would be similar to yours Bob, but slightly different: Hulk, Wolverine (mind controlled), Spiderman (mind controlled), RAMPAGE!

so for a modok would they use a 2 inch size head and attach arms and legs to it?

I would think something similar to Slimer.

ahhh! good point. That would work very easily.

I for one would love to see a MODOK minimate

but to BHM posts somewhere around here, Villians are few and far between.

I would love to see some straight up villian waves and give the heroes a rest for a bit. I know it won't happen but it would rock if it did

so back on topic I really hope Herc is the next sneek peak

moc847

I really hope this Champions stuff is true. Johnny GR I think was on a lot of wish lists and I've wanted Herc for a long time. I'm quite happy with my Black Widow custom but if they make a real BW Mini, I get my Catwoman back. On top of it all we get the core members of an essential Marvel team. Sweet deal.

A MODOK would be simply perfect, with the AIM Agents coming out and all. It'd also be a great way to convince people to army build.

No one would like to see that more than me but with the size restrictions, I don't think well ever see a good M.O.D.O.K. Maybe they'll make a Super Hero Squad M.O.D.O.K. That's as close as were going to get.

Edited by Rheul

Xemnu is damn cool, but I'd rather see Conquest Xemnu(to be honest, I'd love an entire Conquest wave)!

But Xemnu for the Champions boxset, nah. Although, yes, he is awesome, we need a Hercules and Black Widow!

I really hope this Champions stuff is true. Johnny GR I think was on a lot of wish lists and I've wanted Herc for a long time. I'm quite happy with my Black Widow custom but if they make a real BW Mini, I get my Catwoman back. On top of it all we get the core members of an essential Marvel team. Sweet deal.

A MODOK would be simply perfect, with the AIM Agents coming out and all. It'd also be a great way to convince people to army build.

No one would like to see that more than me but with the size restrictions, I don't think well ever see a good M.O.D.O.K. Maybe they'll make a Super Hero Squad M.O.D.O.K. That's as close as were going to get.

Maybe a Kubrick MODOK...

so for a modok would they use a 2 inch size head and attach arms and legs to it?

I would think something similar to Slimer.

That's what I was thinking. Slimer shows that Minimate technology has now developed to the point where MODOK is feasible. Maybe not as a commerical release, but he'd make one hell of a con exclusive, with some AIM agents to back him up (hint, hint DST).

PS: Also make a Swarm Minimate.

Edited by boyd