UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Superbowl shtuff

entertheninja!

I didn't know there was a 3-D gimmick for the commercials, but I'm watching, of course. Pretty dang disappointing for the Cards so far. Your defense needs some time to rest, or it will be really tough late in the game. I've seen it enough with the Saints to know this is an empirical truth.

--edit: I guess my post did the trick for the moment ;) --

Edited by karamazov80

me & my gf watched the superbowl over here just because no one puts on a show better then you guys, but i'll never understood why you guys call it football when the foot of the players only occasionally touch the ball???? unlike our football which is actully played with feet!!........ to me its rugby with padding

one of the funniest was the jobbuilders.com one. A koala got punched in the face. Before it got it the koala said "Oh dear" then took one in the eye. I nearly peed myself laughing.

YES! I'm sitting there with the youth from church and that thing comes on and all the guys burst out laughing, and all the girls were "AWWW". The transformer trailer really only got me for the "Aw snap" value. I looked just like the first one. Except for, you know, 40 more robots and LESS characterization! :angry:

Don't worry, NR. I LIVE here and I still can't figure out American Football. It makes no logical sense. Why don't they just hand them battle axes? It'd be so much better. Of well, NASCAR season is only a few weeks away, I'm good.

Go on, punch small animals!

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

So... what were the best commercials so I can watch them on youtube later? :)

I have to agree with jca, the commercials were pretty lame this year overall. Nothing sticks out to me. The koala thing was kind of funny (and really, really long as I remember), but nothing like what we got last year.

me & my gf watched the superbowl over here just because no one puts on a show better then you guys, but i'll never understood why you guys call it football when the foot of the players only occasionally touch the ball???? unlike our football which is actully played with feet!!........ to me its rugby with padding

I have never completely understood it, either. Relating to rugby, though, NFL players are actually allowed to throw the ball sideways or backwards at any time that they want. The only drawback is, if the other team picks it up, then they have possession. I always think that some teams are way too conservative in this regard. When plays are about to die, throw it backward and keep it going!