UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

T-2: Wave 1 announced!

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks as if T-1000 won't be coming with a regular torso block. Too bad.

Hehe, i almost forgot to mention. While at the con, i just so happened to come across these in person. The fist thing i thought of doing was checking for a torso for T-1000. I literally got on my knees and looked up; there IS a block underneath the splatter effect!! :biggrin: Hopefully this means that DST just plans to repaont the metallic-fluid Cop version the appropriate color and ionclude it; it be a shame to miss out on that.

Glad there's a block underneath anyway, though. :)

funny thing i was watchign this movie last nite night it would be great if this box set included the guy arnold roughed up in the begininng to get his clothes great movie glad minimates are coming out

Looks as if T-1000 won't be coming with a regular torso block. Too bad.

Hehe, i almost forgot to mention. While at the con, i just so happened to come across these in person. The fist thing i thought of doing was checking for a torso for T-1000. I literally got on my knees and looked up; there IS a block underneath the splatter effect!! :biggrin: Hopefully this means that DST just plans to repaont the metallic-fluid Cop version the appropriate color and ionclude it; it be a shame to miss out on that.

Glad there's a block underneath anyway, though. :)

From the newest AA blog:

"T-1000’s specialized pieces required slightly more tweaking, but the initial look was captured early on. Certain specialized head pieces needed to hold the Minimate head shape, but still look like the source material.

The piece that was probably the most fun to create was the Final Battle T-1000. With only one clear camera view of T-1000 in this form to work from, it required a bit of thinking and planning. We also wanted to be sure the standard head and hands could still be a part of the piece, as they remain intact in the film."

The first paragraph makes it sound like we may be getting a pretty cool T-1000 not in splatter mode. Specialized head pieces?

Hmm. . .I am curious to see what they come up with. I was wondering, looking at the prototype, how they were going to fit the "exploded" torso in the box. Maybe it is 2 pieces that fit together in the middle?

Holy crap.

Looks like Wave 2 is already in the works. I see Asylum Sarah, regular cop T-1000 (yay, army builders!!!), T-1000 with only the explodey head, T-1000 with the hook-looking hands (Gods, how many T-1000 variants can we possibly get? :blink:), some scarred guy (the doctor in the asylum?), battle-damaged T-800... yeah.

... some scarred guy (the doctor in the asylum?), ...

That would be Dr. Silberman, a great one to pair with Asylum Sarah (or Pescadero State Hospital, if you prefer).

I just can't figure out who the masked guy is supposed to be.

http://74.52.193.82/events/main.php?g2_itemId=124362

I'm... stumped too. I'm guessing that'd be either a flash-forward John Connor, one of the random government/Skynet grunts chasing after the Good Guys in the movie, or T-1000 in a disguise.

It's obvious the T-1000 bribed DST.

• 4 weeks later...

not really minimate related but i just saw this and had to post a pic

post-976-1236617113_thumb.jpg

The T600 fist..... (insert joke here)

so if thier marketing all sorts of strange crap to kids for the salvation movie i'm wondering what age rating their gonna give this film??

Edited by winkerbean

I think I read somewhere that for the U.S., it would be PG-13. That means no kids over 13 without adults. I'm sure that marketing has something to do with that.

By the way, if you guys haven't seen the Hot Toys Terminator stuff, it is looking amazing. Just today they announced a Christian Bale John Connor figure (that picture is of the toy!):

post-1827-1236617721_thumb.jpg

post-1827-1236617729_thumb.jpg

post-1827-1236617739_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
I just got an email from BBTS saying that the wave is now 6 figures instead of 8. Hmm. Anyone else get this news? No Kyle?
Uh oh, could this mean no "variant cases" for this wave?

Would suck if they couldn't get the rights to do the Kyle from T1. He was one of the figures I wanted most from this wave.

Edited by karamazov80