UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate reclamation project.

TBT!

Ok so I was looking for a couple of parts to rebuild a minimate from my parts box and I realised there were a lot of mates in there that I could rebuild back to full status minimate status. I've been collecting and pulling miniates apart for about 4 yrs now and anything incomplete ended up in my parts bin.

So I set about digging through the parts box and rebuilding partial minimates and loose peices into whole figures...

87 complete minimates later I started to run out of steam...

post-7-1231116479_thumb.jpg

The minimates at the back are completed and rebuild correctly. YAY

The front two seperated lines are minimates with one or two components missing, and I will be posting a fairly large parts want in the suitable thread to see if I can to get to 100 reclaimed minimates.

Does anyone else have a pretty huge parts bin and have done the same?

Any thoughts or comment would be fun but thought I'd share my project with you guys.

T.

Holy Lord T

Very Impressive, hell it is almost a whole collection by itself. I see a few in there I made the mistake of letting go of and am kicking myself for it now.

But on topic, when I thined out my collection, I held myself 50 mates ONLY. That was until I raided my parts bin and built back to stock 38 minimates. The bitch of it was the more i built, the more i wanted. I swear to god I had no idea how many extra mates I have bought over the years....

anyway. when you want to thin that herd let me know... :)

moc847

ps good topic!

Wow, I have tons of parts, but no patience to rebuild. I can complete your Xavier, have both Jean Grey hairs, Chun Li hair and might have some other stuff you need. I'll check the wants thread. Oh yeah if you want to get rid of some of the completed mates...... ;)

I did the same thing a few weeks back, since I wanted some characters to use the extra Skrull heads from the upcoming Secret Invasion pack on. I was able to build a Magneto, Invisible Woman, Elektra, Ms. Marvel, Bullseye, and Wonder Man. I probably could have built more too, but I stopped there.

*The ironic thing is that the Minimate that I have most of ,missing a part, is ..(drum roll)... Wave 6 Iron-Man. I have 6 of them missing Tony's Turnip but complete with helmets. :rolleyes:*

I also have a Tony Stark with neither legs or arms which just shows that :

Tony Stark hasn't got a leg to stand on but is ahead of Iron Man although completely 'armless especially when he's waisted or legless because he can't hold a drink :lol:

** that bit is true

*The ironic thing is that the Minimate that I have most of ,missing a part, is ..(drum roll)... Wave 6 Iron-Man. I have 6 of them missing Tony's Turnip but complete with helmets. :rolleyes:*

I also have a Tony Stark with neither legs or arms which just shows that :

Tony Stark hasn't got a leg to stand on but is ahead of Iron Man although completely 'armless especially when he's waisted or legless because he can't hold a drink :lol:

** that bit is true

Maybe we can come to a deal, I have some spare TS heads and would happily take some of those off your hands in exchange including Bob (The minimate with no arms or legs :) )?

Shoot me a PM.

T.

(...) including Bob (The minimate with no arms or legs :) )?

Wait a minute?!?

Bob, ...that's Bob as in..... bob on the ocean,as in ...a man with no arms or legs does not swim he will actually bob, ....er ....um ....Bob

Ah, phew, just another case of being lost in translation and not the introduction of a flamefest...

Thanks.

;)

Ok so I was looking for a couple of parts to rebuild a minimate from my parts box and I realised there were a lot of mates in there that I could rebuild back to full status minimate status. I've been collecting and pulling miniates apart for about 4 yrs now and anything incomplete ended up in my parts bin.

So I set about digging through the parts box and rebuilding partial minimates and loose peices into whole figures...

87 complete minimates later I started to run out of steam...

post-7-1231116479_thumb.jpg

The minimates at the back are completed and rebuild correctly. YAY

The front two seperated lines are minimates with one or two components missing, and I will be posting a fairly large parts want in the suitable thread to see if I can to get to 100 reclaimed minimates.

Does anyone else have a pretty huge parts bin and have done the same?

Any thoughts or comment would be fun but thought I'd share my project with you guys.

T.

WOW - you have like a dozen Mates in your parts bin that i can't find singles of here, let alone have doubles for parts. That's quite an impressive collection!

Let me know if you ever decide to sell them on.