UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Slow News Day: Changes to Minimates in your display

murderofcrows

OK I hope this makes sense,

What changes have you made to your minimates you have on display?

Meaning simple hair swaps, head swaps etc.

The reason I am posting this was, as I looked at my collection, I have more than a few minimates that I have made simple changes to to "enhance" the figure for my display.

OK here is a couple of examples.

Sentry. I replaced the generic minimate male haircut with the hair from the DCD Aqua Man.

Ms Marvel. I replaced her hair with hair with a 6 from BSG. (more than anything to break the "marvel heroine" haircut syndrome)

Bucky from Invaders set, swapped his god awful hair with a movie peter parker hair, which makes him look more like the Bucky from Cap America White.

So I was wondering, what have others done to improve their collection (well in their minds anyway)

Here is an example: I know alot of people thought that Thor's face was printed too low, so they replaced it with sentry's face....any other examples out there???

This is an uncomfortable point for me, I see a lot of places where I could parts swap or use a touch of paint to modify default figures but as an (almost) completist I am compelled to keep them as released for display.

I do however have what I call desk fodder and the most recent change was a simple swap of hair for Ms Marvel using pepper pots hair.

T.

*edit a quick peek at my display shows three minimates that have been 'enhanced' One is the first version of punisher who was given some stickfas guns and the second was Luke Cage to give him a proper beanie hat rather than a grey splodge, the last being the Ult green goblin got hulk pants for modesty.

I gave J Jonah Jameson a cigar hand from a spare Kingpin I had. It absolutely nails the character.

The Kingpin 'mate I passed on to a friend of mine who's a massive Daredevil fan (I'd already bought him the old TRU Daredevil 4 pack as a Birthday present. He was more than happy to have a Kingpin to round out his Minimate collections and wasn't bothered by the lack of cigar.

-Exclusive Punisher: Switched his head with that of Blackhawk, and gave him some Bruce Wayne hair

-Gaijin Wolvie (masked): gave him the gnashed teeth face of, I think, Darktide Wolvie--a SIGNIFICANT improvement and very iconic look, IMO

-Robin: Gave him Nightwing and then Bucky's head, and a more reasonable black hairpiece, to make him look more like a teenager from the Wolfman/Perez Titans (the youngster doesn't fit with Cyborg, Starfire, and Raven).

-Cap (wave 12): Sentry Head looks much, much better

-DCD Superman: gave him "Red Sun" Superman face. Looks much more classic to me.

-for a while, Vision: Loki body and Vision 2.0 Cape for "non-phasing" Vision

-Gave SDCC exclusive Starbuck the more "feminine" looking head from a later version

I'm sure that I've done others I can't recall at the moment. I have absolutely no problem doing this if I think it improves the figure.

Edited by karamazov80

Wonderman - now has DCD Supe's hair, perfect likeness IMO

Defenders Namor - lost the vest and gave him Ocean Master's belt and bracelets

Assault Punnisher - got black legs from a spare Havok

Phasing Invisible Woman - got spare Mrs Marvel hair

Thing - got a powerhoude chest piece

Pepper Pots - has Harley Quinn's hair

Wasp - gave her Captive Tony Stark's hair

Witchblade - got rid of the extra chest & leg armor then switched her head for an extra Kitty Pride

Mr. Fantastic - has Sue's legs, the blue feet didn't work for me.

I think that's everything

BS

Edited by blacksun1520

Lab Coat Peter Parker - Petey needs to get his science on with the white lab coat and arms from Mr. Fantastic.

Bald and Beautiful Luke Cage - Rubbed off the gray smudge on a spare Luke Cage.

Baron Von Strucker - Doc Oc body, Penguin head.

Kubrick Flyer for Hobgoblin - Gave the Kubrick Hobgoblin Flyer to Minimate Hobgoblin.

Vision - Loki arms/legs and a painted cape. (Ok, not a true quick custom but I just can't steal the cape from Vision 2.0)

Like TBT I have a weird need to keep all Minimates in their "complete-ist" au natural state. If I modify even for a quick custom, I purchase extras for the effort.

Good ideas though from everyone.