UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

Would one of you at the SSF forum be willing to list Cy/Cool Girl ash for me? I don't want to create an account just to sell something. There's one right now on ebay, but its the only one that has been on there for almost a year. I'd be willing to sell her if I could get back what I paid, but I'm having trouble finding anyone interested. Just curious.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Closest thing to a high end, comic accurate Cap we're likely to see. Pretty sure I'm getting this.

Get rid of the ammo ad put a new shield on him and you are set

Yep. Nice thing that Avengers Cap comes with two shields. Considering a display with him, Spidey, Hulk, Mark IV Iron Man, and my modified Thor film Thor figure.

Edited by karamazov80

Underwhelming exclusives this year, Captain America is a definite for me, but since he was shown last year, there isn't much to be excited about. That Reeve Superman shows zero effort on Hot Toys part, and the custom Evil Supermans that have been done with the same sculpt beat the Hot Toys version hands down. The Willis sculpt is great, but the figure is not very impressive, and is tainted by being a "movie" Joe.

Pix of one of the Evil Superman customs, done by Silent Surfer, I think:

null_zps3a391fe4.jpg

null_zpsaa76945c.jpg

I am tempted by the Superman, but I agree with comments on laziness both on here from YB and on Facebook etc. I think the costume looks ok, but considering how well known HT are for their attention to detail, it is disappointing that they aren't doing a new sculpt with the accurate hairstyle etc.

Calls for a Clark Kent continue....

That Cap is wonderful. Won't fit in with my collection but he looks great. The costume execution reminds me a lot of Alex Ross work on Marvels.

BRUCE WILLIS. YES. Bought, don't care how much work i'll have to put into getting that one. Evil Superman...is rather pointless. After the big deal that was made about everything that went into the first Reeve, it's just pretty silly. One real problem with exclusives this year though...

RA'S. Come on already. Are we really never getting the last key major character/villain we need? I figured he'd be a lock for this year. Disappointing.

RA'S. Come on already. Are we really never getting the last key major character/villain we need? I figured he'd be a lock for this year. Disappointing.

I'm surprised HT hasn't gone after him, or a "regular" Gordon for that matter, since those are two really important characters in the franchise. Maybe still gun shy for relatively hum-drum guys in suits after the low sales for Two Face. I'm totally content with my Iminime Ra's, but I know there aren't many out there who own this guy.

Maybe his success will change their process moving forward, though Coulson is a SSC exclusive, so I wonder about his edition size. And then there is speculation about Neeson having separate likeness rights (though this was also an argument made regarding Oldman, and he got a con exclusive figure), which could mean extra costs involved.

I don't know what the rational reason would be otherwise though. Seems like a sure-fire seller to me in either case, but HT had some reason not to release him. They even did freakin' Demon Batman from that film but not Ra's.

Edited by karamazov80

They don't even have to just make him a man in a suit. Could just make his League armor as a more classic "Ra's" style figure, or make him like Harvey and give him swappable outfits with his black suit. Although at this point that would probably qualify him as a $250 DX. Just doesn't make much sense to me to either not make him, or wait so long after his appearance in BB or TDKR. But yea, i too thought Coulson would help give them confidence. No better time to make him, really; that Coulson suit is one of the best i've seen for the scale.

Any idea how hard Willis will be to obtain? If i recall right, Gordon waitlisted really quickly.

Is Maria Hill more important in that film than the Thor Scandanavian scientist guy? Seems like that guy actually had more lines.

Gonna be hard for HT to show me anything there with the '60s Bat guys that I won't buy.

Edited by karamazov80