UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if anyone else is following, but he's working with another sculptor on a Marty McFly kit, where Rainman will be doing the clothing and accessories (skateboard, shoes, and tape player as far as I understand it) to fit a Slim TrueType body. Though another guy is doing the head sculpt, I plan on using Trevor Grove's Marty anyway. This is gonna be a true grail figure for me.

Edited by karamazov80

• 2 weeks later...

I would guess so. Hot Toys bodies usually use the same neck pegs. But that Bruce Lee body would be too small (length and bulk-wise) for Christian Bale in my opinion.

The size isn't really the issue, just really want a Bruce Wayne and i have a love of fancy tan suits haha. Thanks K80!!

Sigh, between Bruce Lee, Batman Begins 2.0, and the upcoming Nicholson, i can't believe i'm wanting to spend all of that money. Gotta love this hobby.

Did anyone that ordered Reeve Superman from Sideshow get an advance update when they are shipping? I emailed Sideshow asking for an ETA so i can plan financially, and I received a note stating they are processing today! :pinch:

It's hard enough to keep up with these when you have 30 days notice, but no advance notice at all is not good...

I did get an advanced notice, but I think they changed the actual estimated ship date since then. That is to say, I think they moved it up a few days, and it was originally planned to be changed on the 15th.

Big Chief posted that their next 1/6 scale Doctor Who figure will be David Tennant, and that they are working on a Weeping Angel. I am already starting to be tempted by their Matt Smith figure even though I am only 3 episodes into his run. At $200+ each this is going to be expensive...

Yeah, it's actually a pretty good deal when you put it in perspective. 2 PERS heads, 2 complete bodies, 2 complete outfits, massive weather vane base, 2 other bases with his name on them (one traditional, one in the style of the Cloud City faceoff area), and if you get the Ex., the exploded Vader head with Luke's face underneath.

Weird that the Ex. accessory has the best Hamil likeness of the 3 sculpts though, IMO:

374756_244402792288385_138228759572456_742271_1923432370_n.jpg

Though I must admit that the "clean" head does look better in these new pics than it did in previous pictures of the prototype.

See, i just got Batman Begins 2.0 AND Suited Bruce Lee (who is now Bruce Wayne, worked like a charm) TODAY, and was gonna try to find a good deal on Chris Reeve Superman, and then swear off Hot Toys until Nicholson.

Now with Red Skull and WWII Cap, it looks like they may take priority. "Every time i try to get out, they pull me right back in." Sigh...

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

I'm excited for Skull, but I was hoping the new Cap was going to be the full USO version, so I may pass on that version. I just got my Superman yesterday, the box alone is a work of art! If anyone is on the fence about picking up the Reeve Superman, I can't recommend it enough. I would post some pix, but I still can't find our camera... :\

It's like the old Kenner days... but infinitly more expensive. Is glow-in-the-dark Lunar Predator next?