UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

If you look at the pics McDurg linked to, you can see that weird ass jaw on the helmet is purely decorative and the face underneath looks more or less like any other Predator we've ever seen. I like it. What's the big difference?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aside from minor facial alterations and a different hunting style. Not much.

The new clan does use stealth but seem to me to rely more on brute force as opposed to the more cunning style of the p1 predator. I'd like to see more of the two races mixing it up in another movie.

If you look at the pics McDurg linked to, you can see that weird ass jaw on the helmet is purely decorative and the face underneath looks more or less like any other Predator we've ever seen. I like it. What's the big difference?

Well, for one, the head is split open in several places. It is taking the phallic mouth issue one step too far.

Shane, where did you read this stuff about the berzerker? If you could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate It. Or I'll Google it when I get home.

Let me see if I can find you an online version of the article. Nimrod was explaining that the berserkers are an outcast tribe of the Predator species that have, over time, modified their bodies (head mostly) and are brutal in their method. As outcasts of the species, they do not like their typical P1 relatives.

I'm looking now and will post somethingwhen I can.

I'm left wondering if I should try to track down a P1 Predator, or wait and pray for Hot Toys to make the extremely similar predator from the film. The longer I wait, the higher the price goes. But, if they make a better version that looks close enough to being P1 Predator, it may be worth it. Ugh. This makes my head feel the way that Berzerker's head looks. ;)

I think the P1 Predator by HT is only going to go up, up, up. There was a short window where you could find him around retail, but with the new film, interest has gone crazy.

I am having a hard time finding the article I read, but I'm still looking.

Do you think Sideshow will import the Assassin's Creed II figure? I'm just working out what my options are as a UKer, I've never ordered a Hot Toys figure before. Any advice?

If you order from amiami, don't use EMS, use SAL shipping. I've heard horror stores of ParcelForce doing unspeakable things.

Do you think Sideshow will import the Assassin's Creed II figure? I'm just working out what my options are as a UKer, I've never ordered a Hot Toys figure before. Any advice?

Here you go:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=900995

I don't know about other options for UK buyers, but EBay might not be a bad idea (once the thing comes into stock). Of course, you've got friends in the U.S., if that is of interest to you ;)

If you order from amiami, don't use EMS, use SAL shipping. I've heard horror stores of ParcelForce doing unspeakable things.

With respect ParcelForce deliver virtually everything 'large' that arrives from overseas into the UK.......despite who the sender uses initially in the place of origin. Buying stuff from HK/China & Japan is generally a hassle-free operation & despite the generally steep shipping virtually everything is tracked,well-packed & arrives as it was sent. I love the way that many sellers tie a piece of string around the parcel in the old traditional manner.....it must piss the customs vultures off as well......a good thing. Mentioning import duties.....it is also very very rare to pay import duties on HK/China/Japanese stuff .

For the record the worst nation in the world that I know of for quality of packing is my own. Shoving something precious,originally MIB in a sheet of brown-paper is unfortunately the norm . I do not mean to imply that UK MMMV members would do this & I ,personally, always use a stout box with MIB stuff.

I have previously ordered Figma figures from Hong Kong sellers on eBay with no problems, but the amount the figure costs and the shipping will obviously go up a lot as it's a much larger figure.

Thanks for the link Sam, I did have a look on Sideshow Toys website and couldn't find it.

Cheers for all the advice :)

Sideshow's website has a horrible search engine, IMO. If you are ever looking for something, it is best to use the pop-up search bar at the bottom of the page instead of the embedded search at the top of the page.

All kinds of wacky and awesome Hot Toys announcements (pics) today--Hans Landa, Ghostrider, Battle Damaged Mark VI, and what might be the coolest announcement of all--Platoon!

ap20100715075946998.jpg

ap20100715075936780.jpg

Congrats. I got on the waitlist over an hour late, so I'm not holding my breath. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise, though. Now I can buy a new stove :lol:

The fact that so many folks are getting these suggests that the after-market price won't be as crazy as it initially appeared. I'll probably be able to score one for sub-$300 once the hype dies down.

Edited by karamazov80

my T-800 shipped so I am patiently waiting. I'll arrive while i'm out of town so I'll have to go to UPS to get it I guess. I hope they don't ship him back.

So my T-800 was delivered today however it wasn't delivered to my house. There was a UPS note on the door and it said delivered to Carricato. I have no idea what is going on. I hope that's a neighbor. i know their first names but haven't learned their last names yet since we moved. Now I have to wait to call Sideshow to have them authorize UPS to look into who Carricato is. This blows.