UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

I want to arrange an MMV trip to the Moon, who is with me?

TBT!

How about petitioning NASA to make a big rocket to take us to the moon? I would like to be in space and they wouldn't even have to take us to Mars. Although a tour of the solar system would rock! I know it would be easy for them to do, since they did it for Neil Armstrong. A space rocket with enough room for say 100 of us would satisfy lots of us. I'd even be willing to kick in some cash with the rest of the multiverse to make it happen.

I know it's expensive to get space rockets made, but if we all chipped in it wouldn't be so bad. There would be minimal building costs, no parking fee's on the moon to deal with and gas prices are coming down. Let's say we got 100 people to chip in, at $10M per person that's $1000m right there. I would donate $1 towards having the space rocket made and I'd even then buy a couple or souveniers on the moon. I'm sure something could be worked out where we could set up a paypal account to collect money from members for seat bookings too. I'd even take on the responsibility if need be ( as long as someone else actually does all the work). Members who give us large $$$ can have window seat on the rocket and then the rest could be sold to members and anyone else. Hell, put a few seats on ebay for non-members to bid on too.

Has this been discussed before? Not a MMV day trip but the going to the moon idea... What does everyone / anyone else think? Is this way off? Am I insane? Teaching common sense to internet monkeys and doing real world stuff is starting to mess with my mind!! I know money is tight these days as well, but I'm still throwing this out there.

Really? That's awesome! I wanna come! Hell, while we're at it why don't we try thinly veiling attacks on forum members and their ideas just because they don't know all sorts of statistics on exclusive stuff like we do, and treat them like the retards they are!

...or, we could stop being so damn rude to people and just let them discuss their ideas without shooting it down. Does anyone reply to someone's dream wave of minimates that will never happen and tell them that its retarded and that they should stop ever talking about it? No, they don't, and I'd really expect better of someone whose been around so damn long, TBT. We get that you don't support the idea, and think that people's brainstorming is pointless and going nowhere, so why not just stop reading the thread instead of not only criticizing the people in it, but also starting an entirely new and pointless thread after Shanester said something for the purpose of again telling everyone just how much you despise their ideas.

Seriously, for someone whose always telling people that they aren't behaiving well and stuff like that, this is extremly juvenile. Just don't say anything about it if you don't support the idea. You don't have to attack it so much.

Really? That's awesome! I wanna come! Hell, while we're at it why don't we try thinly veiling attacks on forum members and their ideas just because they don't know all sorts of statistics on exclusive stuff like we do, and treat them like the retards they are!

...or, we could stop being so damn rude to people and just let them discuss their ideas without shooting it down. Does anyone reply to someone's dream wave of minimates that will never happen and tell them that its retarded and that they should stop ever talking about it? No, they don't, and I'd really expect better of someone whose been around so damn long, TBT. We get that you don't support the idea, and think that people's brainstorming is pointless and going nowhere, so why not just stop reading the thread instead of not only criticizing the people in it, but also starting an entirely new and pointless thread after Shanester said something for the purpose of again telling everyone just how much you despise their ideas.

Seriously, for someone whose always telling people that they aren't behaiving well and stuff like that, this is extremly juvenile. Just don't say anything about it if you don't support the idea. You don't have to attack it so much.

Deadpool, Stop being so negative it's a valid thread and I'm as entitled to my opinion and ideas as much as any other member. Please do not derail threads and make accusations when they are not appropriate, please keep to the topic as per forum rules.

T.

How about petitioning NASA to make a big rocket to take us to the moon? I would like to be in space and they wouldn't even have to take us to Mars. Although a tour of the solar system would rock! I know it would be easy for them to do, since they did it for Neil Armstrong. A space rocket with enough room for say 100 of us would satisfy lots of us. I'd even be willing to kick in some cash with the rest of the multiverse to make it happen.

I know it's expensive to get space rockets made, but if we all chipped in it wouldn't be so bad. There would be minimal building costs, no parking fee's on the moon to deal with and gas prices are coming down. Let's say we got 100 people to chip in, at $10M per person that's $1000m right there. I would donate $1 towards having the space rocket made and I'd even then buy a couple or souveniers on the moon. I'm sure something could be worked out where we could set up a paypal account to collect money from members for seat bookings too. I'd even take on the responsibility if need be ( as long as someone else actually does all the work). Members who give us large $$$ can have window seat on the rocket and then the rest could be sold to members and anyone else. Hell, put a few seats on ebay for non-members to bid on too.

Has this been discussed before? Not a MMV day trip but the going to the moon idea... What does everyone / anyone else think? Is this way off? Am I insane? Teaching common sense to internet monkeys and doing real world stuff is starting to mess with my mind!! I know money is tight these days as well, but I'm still throwing this out there.

Easy with that glue Tim.

Easy with that glue Tim.

The space rocket will not be made with glue or even the more expensive string option, with full MMV support I'm going demand that they use no less than very large band aids to hold the rocket ship together.

This was decided after some discussions with My local St Johns Ambulance brigade. I'm ignoring NASA's opinions because they obviously dont know what they are talking about and had the nerve to tell me that It would be impractical to have the swiming pool or ferris wheel on the rocket. Why must they be so negative!

T.

I'd like to lend my support

....since you're talking absolute bollocks ;)

Again what is it with you people and the negativity if you are not going to support my idea, get behind it or add helpful comments to the discussion then please do not post in this thread.

T.

p.s. Pots & Black Kettles is my reply to talking bollocks ;)

I will sell my extra Darktide DVD set on ebay to help pay for this.

Thank you someone with vision and positivity at last.... See we are getting much closer to making this a reality! Now all I need is the rest of you to come up with the missing $999,999,999 needed to get this thing off the ground ( Look a pun, who says I dont have a sense of humor ;) )

Actually this should be quite easy....... I mean building a rocket .....it's not as if it's .....er.. er....um ...rocket science :unsure:

Can we have a telescope as well? Have you seen the price of telescopes ? Astronomical.

Thank you also BHM, glad to see you finally taking this as seriously as topic deserves. Can I count you in for perhaps the costs of the random pun generator for the Nav systems?

T.

Well TBT, I honestly do believe that the topic has been discussed before though I can't remember where. I honestly don't particularly care ether way, buy if you work something out, then I'm in.

But I can't quite meet $10 Million. Sorry.

I wonder if there are minimates on the moon. Moonimates!

Well TBT, I honestly do believe that the topic has been discussed before though I can't remember where. I honestly don't particularly care ether way, buy if you work something out, then I'm in.

But I can't quite meet $10 Million. Sorry.

I wonder if there are minimates on the moon. Moonimates!

If it has been discussed before and shown to be a stupid waste of time that will never work then... so what? Lets create a couple of polls and ask members how much they would give and everything will work out... it's the magic of the internet!!

Sorry to hear you cannot meet the full $10m, can we put you down for $9.5M then? ( We'll push you out just as we hit the atmosphere on the way back to adjust for the financial deficit, so bring a parachute. Seem fair?)

Early footage from the possible landing site shows there are MooniMates on the Moon, sadly due to available building materials they are all made of green cheese. While we are on the subject of green cheese please be aware that green cheese & C3 blocks will also be the main building material for all hotel rooms and bars ( These bars are not to be recommended as they apparently have not atmosphere!) so those who are lactose intolorant will have have to plan accordingly.

T.

Yeah good luck with that.. in theory a good idea, in reality it's not feasible.

Firstly Please do not contact NASA "on behalf of the Multiverse". Armstrong and his team have worked very hard to build a relationship with them and if this sort of thing was to happen is should go through someone like Neil.

Secondly having a lot of people say they will chip in and 'count me in' is VERY different from having people actually put their money where their mouth is.

Trust me you're flogging a dead horse with this one...

Bob.

You guys know what? I'm heading to China next week. I'll head down to the black market and see if I can some of those bootleg rocket boosters I saw on my last trip. The LM-3A knockoffs are really cheap, you can buy 'em by the handful.

Of course I'll have to charge the "MMV Day Trip Fund" around 20 times what they cost me because they are virtually indistinguishable from the real thing. What do you expect? I'm going all the way to China for you guys. Airfare ain't cheap! And you're still getting a great deal compared to buying authentic rockets on eBay.

[break Character]

Applause & thanks to all that have made this thread fun and those who 'get it' Especially those last two posts... they are priceless, just goes to show that not everyone on the internet is mindless numpty :)

[/break Character]

Timbo, I hate to point this out to you buddy, but there's a flaw in your numbers. You figure $10M to get to the moon, right? Did you add in the return trip to that number? I figure we're going to need $600,000 worth of fuel BOTH WAYS. Plus, there's the whole crashing vs landing thing, and if we can actually launch again once were there. I know you want to do this, but it really isn't as simple as you think. Still, if there's enough of us, I don't see why we couldn't. 100 of us would be $10M each, but 200 of us would be $5M each! And hey! We can strap the extra 100 to the outside of the ship and use their bodies to bounce into a nice, soft survivable, crash landing!

PS, you left out an M in MMMV.

Dude, most hilarious thing I've read in a loooooong time. I tip my hat to your tipsy hat, sir!

You guys know what? I'm heading to China next week. I'll head down to the black market and see if I can some of those bootleg rocket boosters I saw on my last trip. The LM-3A knockoffs are really cheap, you can buy 'em by the handful.

Of course I'll have to charge the "MMV Day Trip Fund" around 20 times what they cost me because they are virtually indistinguishable from the real thing. What do you expect? I'm going all the way to China for you guys. Airfare ain't cheap! And you're still getting a great deal compared to buying authentic rockets on eBay.

I knew it ....Highvanassroller.

Timbo, I hate to point this out to you buddy, but there's a flaw in your numbers. You figure $10M to get to the moon, right? Did you add in the return trip to that number? I figure we're going to need $600,000 worth of fuel BOTH WAYS. Plus, there's the whole crashing vs landing thing, and if we can actually launch again once were there. I know you want to do this, but it really isn't as simple as you think. Still, if there's enough of us, I don't see why we couldn't. 100 of us would be $10M each, but 200 of us would be $5M each! And hey! We can strap the extra 100 to the outside of the ship and use their bodies to bounce into a nice, soft survivable, crash landing!

Dude, most hilarious thing I've read in a loooooong time. I tip my hat to your tipsy hat, sir!

Who says we want whoever gets sent to the moon back! there is no flaw in his logic for a one way trip.

Firstly the issue of Fuel consumption. You are of course assuming that every one is getting a return ticket.

Sadly scale model tests proved that the drag caused by tubby keyboard hugging internet/toy geeks strapped to the outside of the rocket used more fuel than the was acceptable so that idea may have to be scrapped. We are however continuing research by looking into a supply of cone shaped hats for those with 'External special view seating' to increase aerodynamics.

As for the risks of crash landing they are in fact very slim, we have taken precautions for this and have small holes cut into the floor of the rocket so that everyone can use their legs as emergency landing gear if the need arises.

I hope this answers your questions and look forward to seeing your funds in my Caymen island the MMV Moon trip account.

T.