UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

wave 23 and 24

maxcarnage

Picked em up last night, So Sorry I won't be able to get pictures until tonight. I ended up buying a case just to make sure and get the Rhodes Variant and I was happy to see the shoulder cannons are in there!

(I was seriously worried at first because they are underneath the minimate in the packaging so I couldn't see them at first.

Overall VERY nice quality and paint on everything. Love seeing Cloak & Dagger! I always enjoyed their Spiderman Team Ups as a kid.

On a sad note, darn LCS sold the Tarantula Variant.. I was so ticked. Oh well.. ebay here I come.

-Vox

I did bring them to work with me since I didn't get a chance to really do much last night.. and my blackberry has a camera.. but it would probably be best to get a better quality pic later unless someone posts before then.

p.s.s.

Happy to answer any questions tho, i'll check in here throughout the day

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One small disappointment on this wave is the lack of extras. The more I think about it I know that these characters don't really have a bunch of extra stuff they tote around with.. but I think I've been spoiled by how much bonus stuff has been showing up lately. The 2 silver guns are nice.. but maybe another head peice for Spymaster or.. I don't know.. something more... It was very weird opening Cloak and Dagger and seeing nothing else in the package.. I can't remember the last time I opened a minimate pack quite like that. I know, I know, what else would you put in there?

Just random thoughts.. :) Still excited for the new mates (obviously).

-Vox

Edited by The Vox

I did bring them to work with me since I didn't get a chance to really do much last night.. and my blackberry has a camera.. but it would probably be best to get a better quality pic later unless someone posts before then.

Hey Vox dont feel you have to bust-a-nut getting pix, I posted some last Friday and a couple of others have filled in some requests since then.

T.

ha ha, I just found your pics and came back to apologize... man, color me stupid. :) Sorry about that. I've been helped out so many times on here I was just excited to give something back. :P

No worries I just didn't want you to spend a bunch of time and then afterwards someone pipe up and say oh yeah we got those already :)

T.

So both the regular and the variant War Machine's come with all the guns, right?

Yes, they both have the exact same guns (shoulder canons). The head peice and some minor armor changes are the only differences between the two.

-Vox

Edited by The Vox

My AFX orders came today, i got:

All iron man movie mates.

The AFX Hostile takeover mates.

And wave 24 mates.

AWESOME isnt enough to describe these. The amount of detail and accesories is astounding.

And wave 24 mates.

AWESOME isnt enough to describe these. The amount of detail and accesories is astounding.

I forgot about Hostile Takeover. How did the bullet holes turn out?

And wave 24 mates.

I forgot about Hostile Takeover. How did the bullet holes turn out?

Quite well actually! I like the burn and scrape effects. They COULD of added more because the 2 look similar still. But it is still pretty good.

I got my wave 23 today from AFX (a day early!) and I cant believe how happy I am with them. Both WM's are fantastic and so is Nova. Spymaster is what he is nothing too fancy. I really wasn't very excited to be getting Gamora, but shes as good as the rest. My only complaint is with Cloak & Dagger. I hoped that Dagger would have had some light daggers. I think Cloaks cloak should have been wider too. Otherwise, awesome wave.

I got my wave 23 today from AFX (a day early!) and I cant believe how happy I am with them. Both WM's are fantastic and so is Nova. Spymaster is what he is nothing too fancy. I really wasn't very excited to be getting Gamora, but shes as good as the rest. My only complaint is with Cloak & Dagger. I hoped that Dagger would have had some light daggers. I think Cloaks cloak should have been wider too. Otherwise, awesome wave.

Totally agree, Light Daggers would have been perfect. Like I mentioned before, it was a little weird opening the box to see just two minimates and not a single extra piece of anything.. Maybe a 2nd cloak would've been nice. One for standing and one for encompasing things/people.

Totally agree, Light Daggers would have been perfect. Like I mentioned before, it was a little weird opening the box to see just two minimates and not a single extra piece of anything.. Maybe a 2nd cloak would've been nice. One for standing and one for encompasing things/people.

EXACTLY! That should've been the variant, a long cape cloak. Instead of another war machine. Dont get me wrong, i love war machine and all, but the 2 couvle easily been put in one with a simple armor and head swap.

EXACTLY! That should've been the variant, a long cape cloak. Instead of another war machine. Dont get me wrong, i love war machine and all, but the 2 couvle easily been put in one with a simple armor and head swap.

Not so simple, as well as differennt heads they have different: shoulder, boots, hands and belts not to mention different tampos for their backs arms and legs.

A seperate cloak would have definitely been much easier.

T.

Not so simple, as well as differennt heads they have different: shoulder, boots, hands and belts not to mention different tampos for their backs arms and legs.

T.

Oh..... me no feel smart n e more.

T.

Oh..... me no feel smart n e more.

hehe, trust me you'll understand when you get them in hand they are really really really nice... I was taken aback that there were places they could have cut corners and used the same pieces but didn't. I will say though that to me Cloak and Dagger do seem to have gotten the paupers end of the stick.

T.

Hey T, i have another question.

Is Gamora a green plastic, or paint?? I need to make a Poison Ivy that looks nice, and i plan on adapting Chaz's design. The only issue is green skin. Please say it's plastic. ;)

Yeah, its plastic, i just checked the inside of the head and torso. Good luck on the posion ivy custom! :)

Hey T, i have another question.

Is Gamora a green plastic, or paint?? I need to make a Poison Ivy that looks nice, and i plan on adapting Chaz's design. The only issue is green skin. Please say it's plastic. ;)

Yeah, its plastic, i just checked the inside of the head and torso. Good luck on the posion ivy custom! :)

Thank you Gouki!! :lol:

That's great; Ivy is the only DC character i wanted from the line before it got cancelled, and my earlier attempt at one sucked. This'll help a lot. :)

ah man.. I wish I had the talent to bust a sweet custom. I don't like the painted look so maybe if I get the supplies needed for decals that would be the way to go.

I'll have 3 extra Green Women from this wave so I guess I can experiment. Not Captain Kirk type of green woman experiments.. but the custom type. Sick minded mini freaks!

:P

So these still have not hit specialty shops yet right? My LCS guy said he hasn't seen them yet. Although I did see a Spidey-Kraven 2-pack at TRU so I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss out on anything.