UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Hulk Arms question

hyejinx1984

So the Avengers box set came out and I have what I feel is pretty much the best comic book version of Green Hulk as we're going to get, and I'm pretty happy with it... however, the arms. How come we're not getting arm/fist accessories like The Thing does? Same concept, but green, would make Hulk Minimates SOO much better. What doesn't AA/DST just do this already? It's confounding.

As I recall, the original version of the movie abomination had hands like that and they looked horrible. Lets hope if they do ever put them on a hulk mate, they actually look good.

That looks prety damn good. I personally don't like the feet, but the hands work very well. I might have to get me some extra Thing hands.

BS

The only problem with the Thing's hands are that they have a sculpted rocky feature, so I had to use a dremel to sand it down.

Yeah, with all of the attempted "improvements" (aside from allowing a 2.5"): big chest, torso extender, big-feet...big hands seem painfully obvious (especially to balance those duck-feet). One look at Joe Hill's custom in this thread confirms this; it does wonders in balancing his proportions. While many of us have already done this with extra Thing hands, it does seem strange after the numerous Hulks we've received, not one has included these (smoothed-out and color-matched). Perhaps they're holding-off in order to get us to purchase more Hulks in the future. Cut the cost and forget about including the "normal" feet (and in this case, hands)...I doubt anyone uses them anyways. You've met us half-way on a properly scaled Hulk, DST. Finish the job and give us some "Hulk smash"-hands already!

*Besides, you could always re-use the mold later on a hairless Beast in an "Original X-Men" boxset! ;)

Edited by cdubya

• 4 months later...

Well, it looks like DST is finally trying out some of the suggestions here with Ultimate Hulk. Notice that he has both duck feet and Thing-style big hands (to "balance out the bulk" as per the consensus of this thread), not to mention the big powerhouse-ish chest (not as sculpted as Professor Hulk... so far) and torso extender piece (a la Avengers # 1 Hulk). Also, the chest piece looks like it also features the shoulder extensions a la movie/Heroes boxset Hulk.

Phew, what a dizzying list of Hulk modifications. But does Ultimate Hulk look okay so far? Or will we not be satisfied until they make a proper Hulk with big 2.5 inch scale arms (which we all know probably won't happen until Hell freezes over)?

Thoughts?

Personally, I like the new hands. I don't like Ultimate Hulk's face, and I have never been a fan of the duck feet, but the hands are nice. Of course, bigger arms overall would be better, but I think this is better than just plain hands for bigger characters.

I am holding my judgment until he gets here but I hope it works, I have always thought there should be some bigger hands for the bigger characters....as for the duck feet I had asked chuck about them before the last Q and A but all three of my questions went unanswered....I personally find them bland....the details they put on movie abominations were awesome but the regular ones are just to plain wedges....no look appeal

Jeff of the Miniacs