UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate Week 2008 Contest - CLUE 1

Shanester

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

also, are winners selected at random or do you have to guess right?

Winners are selected based on the amount of points accumulated. . .though I'm still a bit unclear about how the points process works (see post in other thread).

I would imagine that you could submit answers for both, though the directions suggest that you should be a board member (I just joined the "Fwoosh" boards this morning :) ).

Well, Luke could be right, and the fwoosh wave could be Spidey (I'd love that, but I'm a die hard web head)

Let me instead put something forward that hasn't been done yet.

Clue 1:

1 Hero

4 Villains

1 new character yet to pick a side

New Cap

Zemo, Red Skull, Strucker, MODOK

Sharon Carter? (not sure on this one. The whole "new character" is throwing me. i haven't read comics in 6 months)

variant: Winter Soldier

My God this is so much fun to watch :) Lots of great guesses from both sides already.

Points will be added each day based on your guesses. You get 10 points for correctly guessing a character for your wave. So if the lineup was...

Stilt Man & Forbush Man

Marrow & Boom Boom

Squirrel Girl & Galactus

Variant: Battle Damage Squirrel Girl

and you guessed...

Iron Man & Deadpool

Marrow & Storm

Dr Bong & Uatu

Variant: Battle Damage Dr Bong

You would get ten points for matching Marrow. Each slot you match gets you 10 points, but you don't have to necessarily match them up correctly into two-packs. Hope that helps.

Hear that everyone? We're getting a battle damaged Squirrel Girl! YAY!

Actually that only makes things about as clear as mud, Matt. Do you TELL us how many points we get at the end of each day? or are we groping around in the dark, praying this is the female co-ed collage locker room and not the men's shower at Cpt. Bucky's VA Nursing Home. *shudder*

If that is the case, then karama is right and we should make 7 random guesses each day, with the hopes of widening our chances.

Also, do points get doubled up? Like if Wolvy was one of the characters, and I guessed him today AND tomorrow, do I get 10 points or 20 points? In short, are there only 70 points up for grabs?

We considered letting people find out how many points they have each day, but ultimately (not a clue) decided it was more fun to make people guess. You get points for each day's guess even if you've already gotten points for that character. So if you guess Wolverine on Day 1 and he is correct (and you keep guessing him) you would get 40 points just for him.

Once more clues come out you might have a little easier time, but it will still be up to how well you can think like us. I don't THINK anyone will get it 100% correct, but you never know ;)

We considered letting people find out how many points they have each day, but ultimately (not a clue) decided it was more fun to make people guess. You get points for each day's guess even if you've already gotten points for that character. So if you guess Wolverine on Day 1 and he is correct (and you keep guessing him) you would get 40 points just for him.

Once more clues come out you might have a little easier time, but it will still be up to how well you can think like us. I don't THINK anyone will get it 100% correct, but you never know ;)

That answers a lot of wuestions. THANK you! XD

Well, I think my guesses are fairly good. Unless anyone has any substitunes? Like a "new character" who has yet to pick a side? new character to minimates? or new character to marvel?

HOLY CRAP! It's Anti-Venom! It IS a Spiderman wave!

Spidey/Anti Venom

Kraven/Scorpion

Tarantula/Vulture

variant green goblin

Well, I think my guesses are fairly good. Unless anyone has any substitunes? Like a "new character" who has yet to pick a side? new character to minimates? or new character to marvel?

Spidey/Anti Venom

Kraven/Scorpion

Tarantula/Vulture

variant green goblin

kraven and trantula are already in a series

Spidey/Anti Venom

Kraven/Scorpion

Tarantula/Vulture

variant green goblin

They... they are? Have I missed something? What year is this? Marty! I need to borrow your delorean!

Spidey/Anti Venom

Kraven/Scorpion

Tarantula/Vulture

variant green goblin

They... they are? Have I missed something? What year is this? Marty! I need to borrow your delorean!

see here http://diamondselecttoys.com/store/image.a...amp;ImageNo=001

Spidey/Anti Venom

Kraven/Scorpion

Tarantula/Vulture

variant green goblin

see here http://diamondselecttoys.com/store/image.a...amp;ImageNo=001

Oh yeah... I remember now. And my hatred burns!!! They're giving us that Black Spidey along with another venom and R&B Spidey that no one needs... :glare:

The venom and Spidey I can forgive. But not DST's betrayal of my trust by re-releasing Black Spidey. :nono:

Oops, thread got hijacked there. Sorry. Now I'm torn. I thought the Cap was was a great idea, but Anti-Venom makes me question that all together. It could be a wave like 19, 20 and 23. But I doubt they'd have a Spidey have back to back either. Gah this is so confusing!

new cap/Red skull

Anti Venom/Green Goblin

Beetle/Zemo

variant Winter Soldier

Equal parts Spidey/Cap?

man, we need some more chicks.

Hmmm... Wrecking Crew. Good idea, but who knows the wrecking crew and is new and has not chosen sides? I don't think there is anyone. I personally believe that MM's clue could be an Ultimate something wave. I'll just combine random Ultimate characters until something comes up. Though Wolverine movie makes the most sense.

Ult. Hawkeye/ Ult. Cap

Ult. IM/ Ult. Thor

Ult. Magneto/ Ult. umm... A Mercenary. Ouch, I don't know. Maybe its someone from the upcoming Ultimatum Saga. I'm out myself.

Hmmm... Wrecking Crew. Good idea, but who knows the wrecking crew and is new and has not chosen sides? I don't think there is anyone. I personally believe that MM's clue could be an Ultimate something wave. I'll just combine random Ultimate characters until something comes up. Though Wolverine movie makes the most sense.

Ult. Hawkeye/ Ult. Cap

Ult. IM/ Ult. Thor

Ult. Magneto/ Ult. umm... A Mercenary. Ouch, I don't know. Maybe its someone from the upcoming Ultimatum Saga. I'm out myself.

Ult Deadpool?

For that matter, couldn't it be an Ult Spidey wave?

Ult Shadowcat/Ult MJ

Ult Spiderwoman/Ult Black Cat

Ult Silver Sable/Ult Deadpool?

Ult Iceman.

Or Colossus, the only one from promo art that we have yet to get.

Heh. I just realized that all most all of mine are girls. :P