UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Advice?

Twisted Two-Face

Well, let's get to thwe point. My local comic shop has a few 'mates left, since it gets shipments whenever. I have like 15-20 bucks spared... There are a few packs i want, but i want some advice on which two to get. These aren't all he has, just the ones i'm interested in:

Venom/Transformation Spidey

Ultron/Ms. Marvel

Death Archangel/Apocalypse

Hawkeye/Vision

HavokPolaris

Anybody got advice? Sorry if this is in the wrong place...

these seem to be the same ones( maybe minus the Variant Archangel set) i see hanging around most places, so you may find them on sale/cheaper someplace else, i guess what im saying is dont buy them just because you feel like your going to miss them, buy which ever characters are your favorites and only if they are a good price(to you).

as far as the varaint set if its the same price as the others and/or under $15 thats a good deal i guess. -M

I hope it is not too late to put the vote:

1 I just really love the execution of those two mates.

2 Ms marvel is really well done and ultron is fun to beat on.

3 Venom/Transformation Spidey Venom is really cool but spidey does not have alot of play-ablity but looks cool

4I still have not opened my hawkeye set so your on your own there

5 same with Havok/Polaris but they don't really jump out at me havok does not have alot going on.

Don't worry, i go tomorrow! Plus, now i can buy three buy saving lunch money from today and tomorrow. It was a big debate, but minimates won over food!

Yeah, i think the top threefor now are Ultron/Ms. Marvel, Hawkeye/Vision, and Trans. Spidey(now jokes on the abbrev.!!!)/Venom. Since he only had like two Hawkeye packs left, i'll buy the archangel set as a stand-in. Off to Collector's Corner i go!

I think there are great Minimates in each of those packs, but I would vote for the Hawkeye/Vision pack (even with the strange powerhouse piece, he is still a great Minimate--and my personal favorite Marvel hero) and the Archangel/Apocalypse pack. You can't have a reasonably complete Avengers team without Vision or Hawkeye, IMO, and an X-Men team without an Angel of some sort is also incomplete. We may never see a regular Angel, so this or the variant "Angel" might be your only way to round out the founding X-Men team. I like Transformation Spidey, Ultron, and Havok, but I don't think that any of those are necessarily worth skipping lunch over.

Edited by karamazov80

Well, unfortunately, i missed your comment k! I saw the Archangel pack and stared at it for two seconds, but grabbed the Hawkeye pack next to it. I must say, though, i really do thank you all for your suggestions; i am an opener, and enjoyed what i saw! I love the detail on Trans. Spidey, but by far Ms. Marvel is my new Marvel fav!

Oh, and since i am done for now, i think anyone can really use this now for advice on purchases and stuff, if it is allowed. I'd hate to see it wasted after so few posts, so take advantage of it everyone!