UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate con exclusives and giveaways

rsprin

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm locked into collecting the bloody things . I am sad,seriously sad. I am 2 short of having all of the buggers .

.....or I was :sad:

Wait there are mates you don't own? I thought you had multiples of nearly everyone. Which ones are you missing?

2003 SDCC Yellow & 2003 NY Toy Fair Blue (bagged) are the two I am missing. I have multiples of most others that I'd trade for these.

Ahhh... see this is where I forget how our obsessions differ. You have a desire to have every possible variation of a mate whether it be packaging or slight paint variation, while I just want the mate. My condolences to your sanity my friend.

So.... if the joints on these keychains are glued, do they still count as Minimates? They would definitely drop off of my must-buy list.

See, if the joints are fused together, then this becomes a must have for me because of its oddity.

I'm locked into collecting the bloody things . I am sad,seriously sad. I am 2 short of having all of the buggers .

.....or I was :sad:

Wait there are mates you don't own? I thought you had multiples of nearly everyone. Which ones are you missing?

2003 SDCC Yellow & 2003 NY Toy Fair Blue (bagged) are the two I am missing. I have multiples of most others that I'd trade for these.

Ahhh... see this is where I forget how our obsessions differ. You have a desire to have every possible variation of a mate whether it be packaging or slight paint variation, while I just want the mate. My condolences to your sanity my friend.

Thanks NR.

Oh how the Gold and Silver Spideys torment my dreams. But the true nightmares come from the French LOTR and the Spanish C3. Old stuff from foreign countries that no one would think to put on eBay. Forever hidden. :D

I'm just satisfied having gotten my two LOTR series 3 figures in the mail this week. Yeah, they're not hard to find promos, just unreleased figures that very, very few people will ever have.

Too bad one of them is the ugliest girl Minimate ever.

I'm just satisfied having gotten my two LOTR series 3 figures in the mail this week. Yeah, they're not hard to find promos, just unreleased figures that very, very few people will ever have.

Too bad one of them is the ugliest girl Minimate ever.

pictures...piiiiiiiccccttttuuuuurrrreeeeessssssssssss

I mean really...you post that you got them but no review? :P

Jeff of the Miniacs

• 2 months later...

Any one care to share a report on the Fanboy keychain? Is he simply a 'mate with a hook in his head? Or have they fused the joints to reduce breakage and loss?

Edited by Cappy

Any one care to share a report on the Fanboy keychain? Is he simply a 'mate with a hook in his head? Or have they fused the joints to reduce breakage and loss?

its is a normal minimate but you can remove the key chain because its like a minimate neck brace like jigsaw but made of metal and a bit wider.other than that its a normal minimate.i got the black one

I wouldn't use it as a keychain then.... You'd end up with Minimate parts all over the place.

The LEGO ones are glued together, they are superb. I have a Stormtrooper one :)

I had talked with DSTMatt about these before the show and he was a bit baffled by them, actually. It was an AFX request that had these made in their current form, apparently, regardless of how well these will hold up in the pants pockets and purses of the collectors out there.

I have an extra set of all four keychains for trade so go look at my post in the want have thread. I normally don't stand around for those free giveaways but I just went first thing every morning at 10 and waited for 15 minutes or so till the first giveaway and got myself one and my wife got an extra for me so that I have an extra set.

I got home from the con today and I got more minimates in one week than I ever have. I came home with 45 minimates that I didn't have before last week and the only old ones I got were the Spirit set and 24 season 1 4 pack! Man I am in minimate heaven opening all these up right now!

I got home from the con today and I got more minimates in one week than I ever have. I came home with 45 minimates that I didn't have before last week and the only old ones I got were the Spirit set and 24 season 1 4 pack! Man I am in minimate heaven opening all these up right now!

Heh heh. This is why I hang out around here. :D

And thank you, brobotc, for the clear answer.

Edited by Cappy

Just got notice that my AFX SDCC pre-orders had been processed and will ship soon. Glad to see the GB 2pack is still in the order. After hearing about how quickly they sold out, I was worried about not getting it.

Mine are processing. Makes me mad that i have to either wait for DST's $15.99 Dark Avengers set or buy TRU's now for $20.00; i want my DAs complete. :(

And it'd be fantastic for them to include keychains, since i doubt they gave out them all, but i don't expect them, too. I'm with BHM, even though he's joking; the most i want are in-tact boxes.