UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

I had a minimate dream last night

luke314pi

I had a dream that I was in the toy store, and they had a HUGE minimates section. The first thing that caught my eye was a new box set called the Spider-Man Family. It was a 4-pack with Aunt May, Uncle Ben, and a new Peter Parker and MJ. The back of the box said that there was a variant Ghost of Uncle Ben in specially marked packs. I didn't see any there. They had the other recent box sets in stock, but nothing else new there.

Most of the section was taken up by hundreds of single-packed minimates. They were all poly-bagged with a cardboard top with graphics and a peg hook. I looked through all of these, but they were mostly re-releases. The two new ones I found were an Iron Man with glow-in-the-dark parts and a Movie Professor X.

The rest of the dream is fading fast, and somehow involved a rocket powered skateboard and an orphanage... so I thought I had better share the minimates part here before it faded away forever. :P

I've had dreams like this about the vintage Star Wars toys. I'd go to K-mart and all the old stuff would be stocked on the shelves. I've had a couple of minimate dreams. Walking in on a newly stocked shelf of 2-packs. Woo-hoo!! :lol::P The skateboard and orphanage, maybe you were playing santa. I thought about buying cheap minimates for Toys-for-Tots, just to spread the minimate love to kids who might not yet know about them. :)

I've had dreams like this about the vintage Star Wars toys. I'd go to K-mart and all the old stuff would be stocked on the shelves. I've had a couple of minimate dreams. Walking in on a newly stocked shelf of 2-packs. Woo-hoo!! :lol::P The skateboard and orphanage, maybe you were playing santa. I thought about buying cheap minimates for Toys-for-Tots, just to spread the minimate love to kids who might not yet know about them. :)

Once I had a dream that all of the action figures in the world came to life and had a war. The human race was wiped out and soon most of the less powerful action figures were too. It ended up just being thousands of Superman, Silver Surfer, Thor and the like action figures fighting on the crater-filled asteroid that was once our home. :wacko:

Pretty much every dream I've ever had is me going through toys in a toy store or comic shop. Unfortunatelly few of the unreleased ones have ever come to pass.

In the past, my dreams have pretty much consisted of me going into an old school "Children's Palace" or TRU, and finding a huge stock of old GI Joes, Super Powers figures, Transformers, etc. Sometimes there would be unreleased (i.e. non-existent) figures from those lines, but I don't think that I've ever had dreams about currently existing toy lines.

• 1 year later...

Ive had a few MiniMate Dreams, but they escape me at the moment...

But I did have the most terrifying dream of my life. :blink:

It involved... a spider with 4 legs and the Meteluna Mutant's head crawling around my house. Then it crawled up my leg and onto my body. Ill never be the same again. :sick:

I've had one of those before. Dark Knight Minimate...singles....it was a sad time to wake up. I've probably had others, but most likely forgot them in the morning.

EDIT: I just remembered one of my others!!! It was so freaky i guess i repressed it or something. It involved a new, BIG Spidey-statue minimate, that whenever it was just me with it it came to life and tried to kill me. And when someone else came, it magically stopped...until the time i had my dad hide behind the wall, and made him jump out at the last second and caught him. I can't remember the rest, but i think it involved junks of blue and red plastic...

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Eh, most of my minimate dreams had been pretty dull. Last one I had was me getting Wave 28.... three months before the official release :P

I do wish most of my dreams involved

a rocket powered skateboard and an orphanage
though! Usually most of my dreams involve zombies <_< Damn Max Brooks infiltrating my subconscious!

I'm imagining the cartoon Luke character we see in Luke's store giving a famous "I have a dream" speech about Minimates, inspiring the poor, oppressed Minimates to rise up against more powerful toys and taking control.

I have never had minimate dreams but lastnight I did dream that Quentin Tarantino moved into my house. It's not as cool as you think it would be. He sat on the couch and talked non-stop about nonsense. If you have ever seen him give an interview you have an idea of what I am talking about.

The closest I ever had to a toy related dream was I once dreamed I had the powers of Marvel's Molecule Man, but only used them to make really, really good Super Powers customs.

One of my minimate dreams was just like yours, Mirymate! I had the ability to make any minimate I wanted perfectly and looking official, like it was assembled and colored from all the little particles in the air. I wish I could do that! :(

Another one was when I walked into my comic-shop and saw every marvel and dc minimate that was made, all hanging on a rack on the wall, kinda like Luke's dream.

And one more was last year, but that one was kinda lame. I just saw a Deadpool through the ages set and a black Spidey minimate (back then I didn't have one) and I couldn't choose which one. :P

Edited by Captain Minimate

I have toy dreams all the time and they always involve going into TRU and finding a huge assortment of new toys (sometimes minimates sometimes other things) and just going crazy piling stuff into a shipping cart and the assortment of stuff seems to go on and on forever and then like TM2 Dinobot I wake up very very sad.

I have a vague memory of a minimate dream where I looked down and saw my own torso was boxy and my hands were strange little spheres with slits in them. The only emotion I remember feeling was fear that I would try and hold something too big and stretch out my hands forever.

I think minimate dreams are healthy. :thumbsup:

All mine involve Namor , Aquaman & Ocean Master. :(

And apparently a heaping helping of cliche

• 3 weeks later...

New Minimate dream last night.

I'm reading the MMMV boards as I am wont to do. There's a reliable report (I forget by whom) that the latest wave of TRU Marvel Minimates were found at a David's Bridal store. Of course this seemed entirely plausible, almost expected, in the dream. I went to the closest store as soon as possible to try and beat the eBay scalpers. Upon arrival I started circling the store, weaving my way through all the white dresses, looking for a peg of Minimates. I didn't bother asking the employees because I was sure they would have no idea what Minimates are.

Then I found them. In the center of the store was a roughly 4' by 4' Minimate winter diorama. It had several Minimate-scaled Christmas-village-style houses and piles of that fake snow. There was a full case of the Minimates but they had all been opened and were now populating the village. I started searching through the diorama for the short-packed figures, intending to purchase them loose if I could. Several employees walked by giving me the stink eye but said nothing.

Alas, I never found Angel/Warpath, but I did find a Mark II Viper Mini-Flyer and some BSG Minimates I hadn't seen before. I don't remember which ones, but I was certain they DST hadn't announced them yet. I wanted to get home to post the news. Of course, before I could purchase anything the dream ended, leaving me hollow and cold.

I had no idea the TRU short packs were affecting me this much. :D

Not as interesting as what my conscious mind cooks up, but still not quite normal.

Not a dream but I've been getting a lot of weird Minimate "Eureka!" moments lately. I had some brilliant ideas for a Minimate photocomic, including a Marvel/DC crossover parody (I shall call it "Blackest Reign" :lol:) and a small-scale recreation of that weird "Maximum Carnage" Halloween thing I found on the Internet.

I guess I still had memories of the Hunt invading my mind. Either that or reading creepypasta (don't Google that) before bedtime as research for Luke's contest was a baaaaaaaaad idea.

Edited by NorthRaider