UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

F.Y.E. Clearance: Cylon 5-Pack

Yeah, I just got back from an F.Y.E., and found the usual Mini's at the back--Spider-Man and Hobgoblin 2-Pack, and the Cylon Exclusive 5-Pack. Not being a huge BSG fan, I didn't take much notice to the price of the latter: $7.88.

So, after traipsing around for about an hour in the store, I decide "What the hey. I don't have the set, $7.88 is a pretty darn good price for 5 minimates, and maybe I can use them for quick customs."

I take them (and the rest of my loot) to the counter, pay, don't count the change, and leave.

After wandering around the mall for a while, trying to decide if I need to keep the merchandise I purchase, and feeling very over-stimulated, I sit down in a quiet place in Barnes and Noble and take a look at my receipt. I suddenly get very excited as I get toward the middle.

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA CYL 2.95 N

QTY 1 @7.88

7.88 - 3.94 50% CLEARANCE

3.94 - .99 ALL CLEARANCE ITEMS .88 25% OFF

As far as I've deciphered that, I think it means that they were (unmarked) clearance, hence the 50% off, that all clearance items were ninety-nine cents off (inexlicably) and all clearance items ending in ".88" were 25% off.

$2.95. TWO FRICKIN' DOLLARS AND 95 FRICKIN' CENTS for five AWESOME minimates!! I was blown away. So I ran back and bought another one for myself and one for my friend, and counted myself extremely fortunate.

Also, Spider-Man and Hobgoblin were marked down to $3.99--not as freakin' phenominal, but pretty darn good price.

The point of this post being: go check your F.Y.E.'s! They might have done the same thing!

:D

Coupled with the fact that I got a full set of Star Trek Wave 4, I'm a very, very happy camper.

A terrific bargain & of course I'm pleased for you. I had similar good fortune in Sam Goody's in San Diego & whilst it's good news in the short-term for Minimate collectors ,I wonder if it's good news in the long-term. If they didn't sell these Minimates what's the chances of future 'retail' exclusives being stocked? :sad:

A terrific bargain & of course I'm pleased for you. I had similar good fortune in Sam Goody's in San Diego & whilst it's good news in the short-term for Minimate collectors ,I wonder if it's good news in the long-term. If they didn't sell these Minimates what's the chances of future 'retail' exclusives being stocked? :sad:

This is just an anecdote, but the Target exclusive GI Joe vehicles were incredibly popular in general, and sold out most everywhere almost immediately earlier in the year at regular price (they certainly did here). However, after a couple of months, a few stray Targets had them on clearance dirt cheap. . .

Plus, from what I have seen recently, it seems like almost every non-DVD/CD item at FYE goes down to clearance at some point. Not sure how many of their items sell out prior to this happening, but I doubt there are many.

They obviously sell well at times because the FYE closest to me hasn't had Cyclons or Spidey/Hobgoblin for a long time.

Similar anecdotal experience in my neck of the woods. Although one or two Spidey/Hobgoblin packs linger, practically none of the Cylon packs made it below $20 before being purchased. Of course it probably didn't help that I was buying them at regular price so FYE probably wasn't as quick to mark them down.

Wow, that is incredible! I would love to find those for that price (Hell, even $7.88 would make me smile)! My F.Y.E. never carries anything as it's in the same Mall as it's Sister SunCoast which usually carries the merchandise. However, the Cylons sold-out looong ago there. Despite this fast sell-out, everytime that I've asked about them receiving anymore BSG 'mates they act like it probably won't happen yet they continue to carry ample stock of the same over-priced crap that continues to sit untouched until the inevitable 'yearly clearance'...f'n tools. I'm amazed that they're still in business everytime I go there!

Anyway, nice score! Enjoy, it's a great set.