UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate Hunt 2008 banter thread.

TBT!

Alright, I just sent them all(My computer is slow as hell), and it took some time to do so. Hopefully you accept the second part, but if you don't at least I still got something done.

McDurg

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Done and in!!! Unfortunately, the higher point values aren't my friends... don't know any celebs in New Jersey, .

What about jay and silent bob's secret stash, it is in red bank! I think Walt Flanagan runs the place?! well too late now. but the important thing is you had fun. and TBT did say that all who entered would get a prize.

...speaking of which TBT any idea of when the winners will be announced, I pulled a lot of help from my friends and have been talking about this for weeks. so naturally they are interested, and some even got really into it. a few almost entered themselves! so they want to know when the winners will be announced. they also want to check out the other pictures.

Done and in!!! Unfortunately, the higher point values aren't my friends... don't know any celebs in New Jersey, .

What about jay and silent bob's secret stash, it is in red bank! I think Walt Flanagan runs the place?! well too late now. but the important thing is you had fun. and TBT did say that all who entered would get a prize.

...speaking of which TBT any idea of when the winners will be announced, I pulled a lot of help from my friends and have been talking about this for weeks. so naturally they are interested, and some even got really into it. a few almost entered themselves! so they want to know when the winners will be announced. they also want to check out the other pictures.

Yep everyone who's sent stuff in as of now will be accepted ( I actually said EST but because you lot are a bunch of last minute monkeys had a PST cut off ;) )

As for when the winners will be announced, it'll be at a least a week or two. There's a lot of copying of images, sorting, organizing and deliberation involved. After you guys put in so much effort it would be selling you short for us to cut corners doing our part. I might even tease a picture a day or something to keep you from getting bored while you wait. ;)

From what I've seen there are some awesome pictures and I will get galleries up of all the contests soon.

T.

p.s. Max now the contest is closed you can post online & show your buddies, however I'd prefer if you kept links off board til we announce winners etc.

p.p.s. *puts on official hat* To clarify Max's paraphrasing the "all who entered will get a prize" was never a definitive statement and although it looks that all that sent pictures in will get something I'm holding off on anything official until I've taken a closer look at the logistics of what we have available etc.

Man, there was some drama, action and stress close to the deadline I missed, because it was very early in the morning around here. But as it seems, 18 entered the competition, so good luck to all of you. And just for being curious, did anyone managed to take all 29 pics plus the link? (If it is allowded do talk about that yet.)

As for when the winners will be announced, it'll be at a least a week or two. There's a lot of copying of images, sorting, organizing and deliberation involved. After you guys put in so much effort it would be selling you short for us to cut corners doing our part.
For me, I'm very happy with this. Especially because:

I might even tease a picture a day or something to keep you from getting bored while you wait. ;)
Yay!

From what I've seen there are some awesome pictures and I will get galleries up of all the contests soon.
Yay, again! I'm pretty excited!

And just for being curious, did anyone managed to take all 29 pics plus the link? (If it is allowded do talk about that yet.)

well not to brag but... I did. :P

sorry TBT i had not realized that a boat load of people had entered the contest. sometime i just view your word as law. for you are great and powerful.

(I figured a little flattery would not hurt)

24-maybe-25 and proud of it!!! (Maybe 1 higher value. Yet to be decided...)

Hey, i live in south Jersey. Not much happens in south Jersey. Boise, Idaho has more interesting things happen that south Jersey!!!

But, i still plan on getting my orange blank or six! Hey, with 24-maybe-25, i ain't got first and maybe not 2-6 by the looks of you guys!

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Yeah guys It's going to be close run thing at the top. There are a lot of variables this time around such as the multipoint challenges and judges bonus points etc. Judging is also going to be a little stricter than last year so some of you may not get points for all of your basic photo's if we feel they didn't meet the challenge critera (I'm not judging this alone and will be getting a second option on anything I think is suspect before marking them.), Having said that I have no idea who is the winner yet as there are possibly half a dozen of you who could take top prize.

Tomorrow I'll post the a pic which will be randomly picked from the entries. I'll also post a word describing a common theme across one of everyones pictures. Todays word is: Turtles ;)

T.

I missed the Fava beans, Desperatly seeking susan, and dressing up like my minimate.

I have a celebrity but he's an obscure one, so I hope he will count.

Id be happy just winning the four clear blanks! :P

Got DSS + Favas, but no celeb. I was creative and went to the internet, scaled down a pic of favas and chianti to his appropriate size, then took the pic in a supermarket :P although now, thinkin' about it, i hope that counts!! :sweat:

Oh, and severe creepiness: I went to take my DSS pic, which i called TOO MUCH SUSAN!!! and had it look like Furnace was going mad with images of Susan all around him, while holding a nespaper that said DSS Breakout Hit! When i went downstairs to take the pic, my mom was watching DSS! Too weird...

well not to brag but... I did. :P
Wow! That makes you one of the half-a-dozen potential winners, I guess. I, as many around here, left out the celebrity pic which counts 25(!) points. 25 points ahead will be hard to catch up with.

Anyway, great fun and I'm still curious!

:)

And, for the word of the day:

i think i get it!! does it have anything to do with #7 ?
You can count me in.

;)

AH, and by the way: I want to see Ivan's pic for higher value challange #2!!!

Edited by Bob Harris

No offense to Ivan, but... I don't :sick:
Maybe I was a little too enthusiastic on that one and you're right, blacksun ;)

I missed the Fava beans
Yes, this Hannibal Lecter thing was quite an effort. I didn't find Fava-Beans here (Germany) at first, 'cos there are severel translations, but none of them were actualy available. Then I asked for them in a pakistani grocery and an old women repeated "fava, yes, yes. fava good! eat fava, yes yes!" and handed me a pack of beans. She looked kinda weired when I asked her for a bottle of chianti afterwards, gave it to me and pushed me softly to the checkout. yes, yes, fava good.

I felt a little like in a jim jarmusch movie ;)

A sure sign of friendship is public discussion of your naughty bits.

-Margaret Thatcher's Guide for Living #208

And as for the photo, it will likely remind you of a Darth Vader quote. You'll have to wait for the picture to be revealed (*ahem*) to find out which one. :)