UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Universe 3.75" Figures

I voted Baron, Phantom Rider, Spot, Fantomex, and Starlord(Only because he'd look damn cool standing by an Annihilus baf).

I really hope Spot gets a figure, I've always thought he was a good villain. I think I one point I had some giant figure of him or something like that. I'll have to find it.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I'd share a few quick pics to show the coolest part about these-the scale:

mu006.jpg

mu005.jpg

Since the closest they are to anything is GI Joe, I tried a head swap to see how it works.

mu003.jpg

One of my two big complaints about these is the inconsistency in head size, but when I went to switch them with Joes, I realized GI Joe suffers from the same problem. The MU figure heads are a tight fit on Joes, but seem to work. The Joe heads are pretty loose on the MU stuff, but could be modified to make some interesting customs.

These figures weren't supposed to be released until March 1st but I did find Silver Surfer and a Human Torch at Toys R Us today. They also had the entire line of Wolverine Origins (with the exception of Deadpool). I opted to get the Wolverine orgings Wolverine (in brown costume) and Gambit because they looked so cool. They are in perfect scale with the 3 3/4 Daredevil that I already have but they don't have as much articulation.

I can't wait for these...http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=23&itemid=11985

Just as a bit of "insider" info, I work at K-Mart, and the box with these guys in it says to not put it out until March 1st, so that may be a good time to start looking if you haven't seen them yet.

Ironically, I just bought series 1 (didn't have Bullseye or Human Torch and I passed on Wolvie) at K-Mart last night! It seems many people are finding these there, TRU, and Meijers (? we don't have these) before the release date. I paid way too much IMO ($8.99) and plan on admiring these MOC until I find them cheaper elsewhere in about a week (then back they go for another fool), but I did open one (Daredevil). Unfortunately, his left arm bicep-peg was broken right out of the package...bummer. Despite this, I'm not going to denounce the line (I just got a bad one that can be replaced) based on one isolated event as I really like the figure. There's a few improvements that I'd like to see here and there (better range of movement from the neck and thigh joints), but for the first-run (the next ones will certainly improve) they are quite nice.

As for price, well these really should be in the $6-7 range (regardless of inflation, economy, etc.). K-Mart has them priced at $8.99 (which is absurd), Wal-Mart has these priced at $8.44 (very surprising, perhaps they'll be "rolled-back"), and TRU and Target seem to have the best price of $7.99 (which is still too much). As cool as these are, I fear that the prices may hurt sales.

*I managed to win a ML Fin Fang Foom off of Ebay for $50 (pretty good I thought), so I'm set for some epic battles! B)

I've ordered wave 1 from HTS for $7.99 with 10% also. Twice they've had wave 2 up and it's sold out right away. Tuesday I saw them at 9:30 am and by 10 (when I was going to buy them) they were all gone.

And I think it's sad that Wal-Mart is now becoming one of the highest priced places for toys. I used to buy almost all of my toys there, but now I'm finding it cheaper to get them on-line. I'm hoping the get some backlash from buyers for all of their recent, outrageous price increases.

And I think it's sad that Wal-Mart is now becoming one of the highest priced places for toys. I used to buy almost all of my toys there, but now I'm finding it cheaper to get them on-line. I'm hoping the get some backlash from buyers for all of their recent, outrageous price increases.

It is an unusual turn of events, isn't it? Because I work very late hours, I used to enjoy the convenience of them being open 24 hr. and hitting fresh-palettes as the rest of the world slept...and their prices and selection could not be beat. It looks like Target and TRU will be getting more of my MU money (good for them).

With the fairly equal case asst.s that Hasbro is putting-out, on-line ordering of cases is not a bad option. I still occasionally enjoy the hunt and like to compare paint app.s though.

Wow. As posted before, I have a broken Daredevil (that I over-paid at $8.99) which I attempted to replace today at another K-Mart. They had one, but I noticed the peg-price listed as "Marvel Universe 3.75" $9.49" (but wait, it gets better). There was also an actual price sticker (who still uses these?) on the card that read $10.49...W,T,F?!? Are various retailers just pulling prices out of their ass or what? That is insane. Needless-to-say, he went back on the peg (though I did double-check the price on a scanner...$9.49). As much as I like these figures, there is no way that anyone in their right mind would pay import-pricing for a domestic product.

I saw all 3 of these lines today (MU, WO and W&tXM) and I passed on all of them. I gave real thought to getting stealth IM and Spidey again, but I can't justify that price point on Im, not with me still collecting 6"ers, and that Spidey is far to under articulated. My decision is final. (for now)

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

I finally found these at K-Mart of all places. They had Daredevil, Spiderman, Black Panther, Punisher, Iron Man and I found Stealth Iron Man hidden. Picked up the IM's for a fellow collector and was jolted by the $9 each price. A bit high for what you get, IMO.

Still, I want the two Hulks in this line...

I broke down and got an Iron Man today at lunch...it is an ok figure. but over priced to say the least. I appreciate the articulation, and the paint is nice, but seriously it doesnt hold a candle to my movie irom man minimate. In fact, the price point alone (2 figures for the cost of one) makes minimates the superior line. let alone the improvements that have been made over the last couple of years for detailing.

Marvel Universe = 0 Marvel Minimates = 1

anyone want a comic deadpool and or comic Maverick complete for trade? :)

Yeah, I think the Iron Man figures are the best of the first wave, but they aren't even close to the Iron Man line that is almost twice the size and only $3 more. I even picked up the movie Iron Man with the Iron Man car last night for $7 on clearance. Part of me got it for the price and part of me got it for the sheer absurdity of Iron Man needing to drive a car.

I had more than one "Spiderman cars" as a kid. They both had Spidey paint jobs, and I guess he used it to drive to other cities to fight crime since he could get around the city pretty well without it.

Must have been for fighting crime in the country.

I do assume that the Iron Man car is just for Tony to look cool in when he's cruising around and picking up chicks. The ladies could care less about a multi-million dolar, high tech suit of armor, but a hot car works every time.

I almost picked up the Hulk on a four wheeler too. I'm thinking I should go back and get it also.

I would like to see these guys race. I'm sure IM's hot rod would have all the tricks the armor has. But then again I imagine if the Hulk is on a four wheeler, it must be pretty hard core. It's probably got a gamma-hemi or something.

I want Daredevil on a Segway. That'd be sweet.

So just picked up the IM (both versions) from this new MU and I also got a comic verison of Deadpool and Gambit from the Wolverine Origins movie wave (which are also 3 3/4) and these are some of the greatest toys of recent memory. I love the size and articulation of GI Joes and to combine this with Marvel characters is just incredible. (Although like grouhog7s said I would much rather spend a couple bucks more to get the bigger size IM figures because as cool as these new MU figures are 8$ is WAY to much!)

Stopped by Wal-Mart tonight, and they didn't have a damn thing. Every single figure (Wolvie movie and Marvel Universe) was sold out, as is typical at this particular store (closest to campus, so all the geeks can get over there pretty easily, I guess). I might have picked some up if I saw them, but I'm not going out of my way "hunting" for these like I used to for Joes. If I don't see them on HTS when a good coupon is available, I may not get any at all. From what I've seen, my money is better spent on better toys, anyway.