UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Contest?

Punisher

Come on guys, we NEED another customizing contest! The last one we had was the zombie contest, and that was a year ago... I'd host one myself, but i have no prizes t offer, and i want to participate too! :P

Anybody scheming up ideas? Shane? Timbo? Luke? JL?

Edited by the punisher=D

I co-hosted the Zombiemates contest with Amazing JL, but was bummed that I couldn' participate. I hope to hell somebody comes up with a customizing contest as I'm itchin to take part. Plus a contest would be a great incentive to help get me motivated again. PLEASE won't somebody answear tha call!!!

If you guys let me know who to contact for prizes I would love to come up with a contest.

I have contacted about 5 or so online stores, so i will wait and see ;)

I hope you didn't use MMMV's name when asking for these prizes? Shane has built up some pretty good relationships with a lot of dealers and stores. On the occasions he offers up prizes they tend to come to him not the other way around. It's really not polite to just ask people for stuff, especially if you haven't asked permission of the site you are planning on hosting the contest on.

I co-hosted the Zombiemates contest with Amazing JL, but was bummed that I couldn' participate. I hope to hell somebody comes up with a customizing contest as I'm itchin to take part. Plus a contest would be a great incentive to help get me motivated again. PLEASE won't somebody answear tha call!!!

Let's Get SDCC out of the way first and then regroup, after that I'll talk to Shane and the staff and see if we can come up with something suitable.

T.

I've never hosted a contest before (the closest I got was a random giveaway thingie more than a year ago, if my memory serves me correctly), so I don't know much about the hosting part (voting/judging, etc). But I'd be happy to provide some prizes if someone wants to go in on it with me.

I hope you didn't use MMMV's name when asking for these prizes? Shane has built up some pretty good relationships with a lot of dealers and stores. On the occasions he offers up prizes they tend to come to him not the other way around. It's really not polite to just ask people for stuff, especially if you haven't asked permission of the site you are planning on hosting the contest on.

T.

No, i didnt use the multiverse. I contacted the stores under myself, and i will offer the prizes my self if it is needed.

Frankly, I don't want just another custom contest. Once you've seen a couple hundred minimates customs, you've seen'm all. (Except of course for the truly acceptional customs, but lets face it, there's usually only about 1, maybe 2 of those in every few dozen.)

I myself would like to see a repeat of some of these old contests myself...

The Minimates Central Quick-Custom Contest. I liked this contest due to its "only use pre-existing parts" restriction. It forced folks to use their heads and be resourceful, rather than just paint whatever parts they needed. Plus it's cool because it shows some of us ideas we've never seen before, that we can make with our very own parts.

Or...

The Comic Book Cover / Movie Poster contests. I found those real fun, because they showed alot of cool minimate-inspired art, rather than just another dozen customs.

NOT that I have anything against customs... customs are nice, I like customs... I'm just a little worn out on them is all I'm sayin'.

BUT, that's just my 2 Cents. Since I'm not organizing a contest myself, I suppose it's really not my call. But I would like to suggest a "Round 2" for those ones. ;)

Edited by Gillbob316

I reckon if somebody is going to organise a new contest & realises how much effort it must be to do so, then they should be encouraged & supported thereafter. I merely 'participated' in the recent Charitymates & I got quite stressed about the fact that my custom 'just wasn't happening' & PM'd Fujis that it wasn't :blush: He was patient, & it all worked out ,but put yourself in his position ,it must be very frustrating dealing with lame-asses .... like me!

Once my 'maiden' custom actually got to be on ebay, the adrenaline-rush watching the bidding made it all worth it. I kid you not!

I have no customising skills but I thoroughly enjoyed the whole deal. As for prizes,well if this one is a contest I guess you need prizes so the eventual organiser is welcome to PM me & I'll help.

Edited by buttheadsmate