UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SPOILER The Dark Knight

Trekker 42

The Watchmen trailer was a huge bonus.

This movie is friggin awesome! I loved it and can't even decide what part was the best. Ledger is frighteningly good, as is Bale.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think after the insanity of The Joker, the next Batman movie will have a villain that is more logical and calculating. Someone who will be the mastermind behind a large mystery. I think Riddler would be a good choice for this. I also think we will see a female villain like Poison Ivy.

I don't know if you can do Ivy realistically without getting to fantastic. I mean, the chick controls plants ahd her lips are poisonous. How is that realistic? Not only that, but Ivy ruined the last Batman franchise along with Robin. (this is my problem with Robin in that franchise: He's too old. He needs to be about 8-11 or he's far to old looking to be the Boy Wonder instaed of the Man Wonder. That's my main problem. Also, Chris O'Donnel sucks as an actor.)

If there's going to be a female villain, it will probably be Catwoman.

I think after the insanity of The Joker, the next Batman movie will have a villain that is more logical and calculating. Someone who will be the mastermind behind a large mystery. I think Riddler would be a good choice for this. I also think we will see a female villain like Poison Ivy.

I don't know if you can do Ivy realistically without getting to fantastic. I mean, the chick controls plants ahd her lips are poisonous. How is that realistic? Not only that, but Ivy ruined the last Batman franchise along with Robin. (this is my problem with Robin in that franchise: He's too old. He needs to be about 8-11 or he's far to old looking to be the Boy Wonder instaed of the Man Wonder. That's my main problem. Also, Chris O'Donnel sucks as an actor.)

If there's going to be a female villain, it will probably be Catwoman.

yep catwoman. since

rachel is dead

bruce needs a new love interest. besides fox said his armor would stand up to cats :P

i too think cat woman would make an intresting love intrest/adversary if done right and they should actually try to introduce Robin in the same way they did in Dark Victory (which if yer unaware, had an AWSOME retelling of Robin's origin)

i too think cat woman would make an intresting love intrest/adversary if done right and they should actually try to introduce Robin in the same way they did in Dark Victory (which if yer unaware, had an AWSOME retelling of Robin's origin)

That and he's the right age in that story. but Christopher Nolan said that Robin isn't going to happen while he sits in the big chair because it's a story of Batman's early days and that "Robin is off in a crib somewhere."

My moneys on Riddler or Catwoman.

BTW... finally got in to see DK on the IMAX. Superb! Joker, suberb! Two-Face... gross, yet superb! Batpod,,, superb! There was just nothing wrong with this flick, it was masterful.

Saw it twice now ....AWESOME!!!! Heath Ledger's Joker= Hannibal Lecture with guns and bombs. Incredible. Next villian Mr. Freeze, suit could be like an iron lung to keep him alive. Cryogenics research could be reworked into a weapon for revenge(watch BTAS: Heart of Ice). Could use Freeze's salvation and redemption to mirror Batman's(from this movie).

I'm hoping for Talia, Ras's daughter and supposedly Batman true love. Catwoman has been done, same with Joker and various others folks have mentioned. Yes, he did a better job with Two Face

and still wish he came back to bite them in the ass later. Public funeral and all, how embarrassing for him to come back?

. We definitely need a new love interest for Bruce and a worthy adversary for him. You tell me Ras's daughter isn't looking for a little pay back for dear old Daddy?

It is not only the best super hero movie of all time imho but one of the best movies that I've ever seen of any genre. Heath Ledger's performance was chilling he made the character beleiveble it gave me the creeps the seen with the pencil guesome.

OK, it's near enough to Monday for me and you can now have all day tomorrow to talk about The Dark Knight freely. It's spoiler time.

So, lets begin shall we?

My favorite Joker moments were Where's the big boom with the hospital and the magic trick. Both of those got big laughs and showed me how the Joker can take things from hoy cow to Holy Crap to HOLY S*** in a good two minutes (see hospital scene) and that was hilarious.

Favorite line: "You think you can just come in here and steal from Us?" "yeah". Loved the way he said "yeah": deadpan, like it was obvious.

What I think Riddler will be: At the end of Dark Knight, Batman took the fall for Two-Face's actions and is an outlaw. This you already know. What I think the Riddler will be is a cop who is assigned to tracking down and figuring out who the Batman is. He isn't having much luck so he tries commiting crimes to lure out Batman, leaving a note or a puzzle at each scene leading to the next one in an elaborite attempt to bring the Batman into police custody. Then Gordon finds out how he's doing this and kicks Riddler (though he doesn't go by Riddler, he goes by Edward Nashton) off of the force. This causes officer Nashton to go nuts and continue his crime spree in a much more sinister way such as blowing up Wayne Tower if Batman doesn't solve the puzzle. Wayne Tower, by the way, will have Gordon, Fox, and Alfred in it so stakes are high. So now Batman must solve the Riddler's simple puzzle ending in a one-on-one battle of wits in the Riddler's base of operations where Batman is able to take Riddler down in time to get to the detonator, but it's a fake. The bomb at Wayne Tower was a fake too. This leads to Riddler's real plot: killing the Joker. A pawn of the Riddler who works at Arkham opens a cell with the words John Doe over it and says "Here's your chance" and throws him a small metal object. This patient is led to another cell which says "Identity Unknown" and Joker is sitting inside and looks up with shock and starts laughing. The mystery patient is shown and it's Two-Face. (Here's an explanation: Two-Face didn't die at all. The funeral was a cover-up to preserve Harvey's heroic identity.) Two Face says "Let's try your luck" and flips the coin. The movie switches to Batman asking who the Riddler worked for and the Riddler says "You don't understand. they work for me." "Who?" "The Mob, the judges, everybody. even that friend of yours, Harvey Dent. Two-Face they call him now. I was the next Carmine Falcone! I was the Caeser of crime before any of this began. Riddle me this: When a man has two faces, who can he trust?" Batman replies: "no one, not even himself." Then dashes off to Arkham Asylum and runs down the hall where Harvey was taken to see that the guard has been shot and Joker's cell is empty as is Harvey's. Then he says something poingiant and the movie ends.

If you need a side villain to all of that twisted nonsense, bring in the Penguin as an illegal arms manufacturer dealing to terrorists.

The common theory of the Riddler is that the accountant Reese is going to become Riddler. This is because like Edward Nigma's name is Enigma, Mr. Reese sounds like Mysteries. I think that's a little overanalytical of the movie, but who knows? It may be true.

well they have set up batman as public enemy number 1 living completely outside of the law. So whomever they bring in as the next villian it will have to be something massive to turn the tide for the public affections of batman.

I mean if you think about the dialogue the Joker was head on, the batman is a freak, allowed to roam free until he isn't needed.

One of my all time favorite movies seriously just outstanding

Heat and Aaron Eckhart were marvelous in this movie.

What a great summer to be a nerd huh?

The common theory of the Riddler is that the accountant Reese is going to become Riddler. This is because like Edward Nigma's name is Enigma, Mr. Reese sounds like Mysteries. I think that's a little overanalytical of the movie, but who knows? It may be true.

Good Lord! You're right!! And he already knows who Batman is, through practical deduction.

It's true. :blink:

I, for one, hope they don't do another Batman. They just can't top what they've done with this one. We'd all expect the sequel to be even better, and the chances of that are...minimal.

And, of course, the Joker's still alive--and thus, if they did a sequel, he'd have to be in it. We'd all complain if they didn't bring him back. But we'll all complain if they do bring him back, as well, because NO ONE could EVER be as could as Mr. Ledger.

"I mean...what happened? Your balls fall off, or something?"

Edited by Alpheon

See, I don't see things that way Alpheon. If anything, there is a common thread between all of the movies and Nolan seems to be going somewhere with it. I'd say there is at least one, if not two more movies in the current franchise. All that I ask is that they leave on a better note than Batman and Robin did :blush: With the plotline Trekker put together, wouldn't it be better to have Lock Up as the next villain?

Edited by The_Donster

The movie was good overall, but I absolutely HATE Christian Bale's "Bat-growl" voice when he is Batman. It is so over-the-top that it ruins the character for me and I'm a huuuuge Batman fan.

The Joker and Two-Face were definitely the best parts of the flick. Both actors nailed the characters perfectly.

anyone else think that Firefly and Mr. Freeze (don't ever call him Mr. Freeze though. Just use Victor because who calls themself Mr. Freeze? Honestly.) would make for a hell of a gang war? Freeze could be a man with a large batch of liquid nitrogen on his back an a spray nozzle for it blasting his way through downtown Gotham and Firefly is a flamethrowing ex-military destruction artist both wanting the same thing: whatever that is. I didn't think that far ahead. Money, I guess but for different reasons: Freeze to cure his wife and Firefly to leave the country and be rich, so you find yourself hoping Freeeze wins.

anyone else think that Firefly and Mr. Freeze (don't ever call him Mr. Freeze though. Just use Victor because who calls themself Mr. Freeze? Honestly.) would make for a hell of a gang war? Freeze could be a man with a large batch of liquid nitrogen on his back an a spray nozzle for it blasting his way through downtown Gotham and Firefly is a flamethrowing ex-military destruction artist both wanting the same thing: whatever that is. I didn't think that far ahead. Money, I guess but for different reasons: Freeze to cure his wife and Firefly to leave the country and be rich, so you find yourself hoping Freeeze wins.

Nolan might use firefly, but no way he would be the major character...not interesting enough. and Mr Freeze. I think he would distance himself from ANYthing close to Batman and Robin.

In order to live in Nolans Batverse, it has to be as close to reality as you can get....Catwoman and Penguin are the top heap of the Batman Rouges, but I do not know if they can pull them off either.

It would almost have to be gangster and mob tied...maybe chester but really can not see it happening.

Who knows, maybe Nolan will be done...*walk away knowing you have made the ultimate batman movie...and let the next guy try to top it.

The movie was good overall, but I absolutely HATE Christian Bale's "Bat-growl" voice when he is Batman. It is so over-the-top that it ruins the character for me and I'm a huuuuge Batman fan.

The Joker and Two-Face were definitely the best parts of the flick. Both actors nailed the characters perfectly.

I think that the growl is necessary. The Batman is made to strike fear into the hearts of criminals and his regular voice is not scary. Plus it has to do with the theatricality of the character.

Handsomedevil, the "bat growl" as you put it is actual continuity of the comics.

In Allstar Batman & Robin boy Wonder they talk about it.

It is Bruce's way of disguising his voice so people he knows donb't figure it out and it is used to intimidate enemies. If you're not afraid of him, however, it sounds silly.

As for villains, like everyone else, I'd like to see Catwoman & Riddler.

I would however also like to see ScarFace & Dummy.

Also, even though they won't do it, a movie with Catwoman would also be great with Robin. For those who have read Hush the chemistry that can be played between "The Boy Wonder" and Catwoman is phenomenal.

Alpheon, a few pages back you commented on Two-Face & Joker. I'm wondering how long it's been since you've read a Batman comic. Two-Face has always been one of my favorite of Batman's baddies. He's come a long ways from the "2 O'clock bandit." The story of a good man who, because of an injury to his face becomes scitsofrenic is very interesting. As soon as the world could see his ugly side visually ihe started manifesting it.

For those who don't read much DC or would just like to know more about Batman's rogue's gallery I suggest reading:

Arkham Asylum the special edition.

I'm not sure how many people think the Mr. Reese/ Riddler connection is accurate, but I could definitely see that being the next movie. Sure, the plot seemed kind of wrapped up with Mr. Reese, but it never showed his reaction to Batman becoming a fugitive. Assuming Mr. Reese believes that Batman did kill those people, he could be wracked with guilt over the fact that he kept his identity a secret. Maybe he decides to not outright tell anyone his identity, but a few hints thrown around wouldn't be a problem. Hahah, I'm just thinking "out loud," sorry.

I definitely agree that Catwoman should be in the next movie. Bruce just lost his love interest, after all, and I'd love for Catwoman to be the new one. This time, hopefully, they don't make her a complete baddie. She's just a woman who likes to steal, not a psychopath.

Alpheon, a few pages back you commented on Two-Face & Joker. I'm wondering how long it's been since you've read a Batman comic. Two-Face has always been one of my favorite of Batman's baddies. He's come a long ways from the "2 O'clock bandit." The story of a good man who, because of an injury to his face becomes scitsofrenic is very interesting. As soon as the world could see his ugly side visually ihe started manifesting it.

For those who don't read much DC or would just like to know more about Batman's rogue's gallery I suggest reading:

Arkham Asylum the special edition.

Two-face may have been my favorite part of the movie. Joker was good, but there's nothing like an eyeball hanging in decaying flesh to make something visually appealing.

Some of the older batman comics did portray Two-face as just a gangster, who would rob people depending upon how the coin landed, and would use the word chance in every sentence.

And then I read this one where it re-did his origin story through his perspective. he had just gotten plastic surgery and was on his way back to sanity, but then he had started having nightmares about someone he killed with a crowbar, and at the end he ripped off the tissue on his face.

.. he ceased to be a corny character for me at that moment... :mellow:

But anyway the movie was awesome, if you haven't seen it... see it.

(I for one enjoyed seeing rachel dawes get blown up.)

While thinking about the movie today I had a couple of questions come to me...

• Why were the Scarecrow and his wannabe Batmen trying to dole out some vigilante justice on the mobsters at the beginning?

• Over the course of the movie, the Joker gave 2 different stories about how he got his scars. Obviously, he is deranged and could have been lying both times, but should one of the stories be viewed as closer to the truth than the other by the audience?

I agree with Luke on the second question That is definetly the impression I got. On the first question Scarecrow wasn't trying to Dole out Vigilante justice he was in the middle of discussing a drug deal that went wrong apparently his drug ( I can't remember what it's called) doesn't sell well as a recreational drug. The Batmen try to break it up and fail miserably and then the real Bat Man shows up and shows everybody what's what and who's who.

I would be surprised if The Joker did not appear in the sequel and I would cast none other than the second of the Brokeback couple Jake Gyllenhaal as The Joker. Think about it we already know he can be over the top and deranged from his performances in Jarhead and Donnie Darko. I believe he is perfect for it and with all the make up and prosthetics on there will not be a very noticeable difference. Plus it would give us a chance to see Dr. Harleen Quinzel aka Harley Quinn. The Riddler would be cool but I don't think it will be Reese and I don't think that even if The Riddler knows his secret identity in the movie, like he does in the comic, he would tell anyone because as Batman said at the end of the Hush story in reference to the Riddler knowing his secret, "What fun is a riddle that everyone knows the answer to?"