UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SPOILER The Dark Knight

Trekker 42

This isn't regarding the movie, but I saw this on BBTS today, and I am strongly considering selling off some of my stuff to get it.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...mp;picture=aux1

The alternate head (w/non-slicked back hair) here looks absolutely perfect to me, which I couldn't say about any other 1/6 scale Joker yet. If I were rich, I would buy the regular Hot Toys Joker for the body, and this one for the head alone.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh phoo, that sucks.

I already knew he was dead when it happened in the film, that is why Batman was saying make the call, he was the one who killed Dent

Oh well, and it's a damn shame Ledger isn't around anymore. He nailed the Jokers character, and I doubt Nolan is going to use Joker again. I doubt they'll find somebody as good as he was.

I'm hoping they drop Riddler, and use Blackmask as the villain, since Nolan takes the more realistic approach, I think that would do pretty good. Although it'd be great to see people like Clayface, or Bane, they just aren't realistic enough.

I'd honestly rather have Riddler. He's a bit more interesting to me than Black Mask (Who, honestly, is really cool). Riddler could present a more watchable fun challenge for Batman that people want to go and see. It would be even better to have Black Mask AND the Riddler with Black Mask being a kind of master planner like Hush (You gotta admit, this WOULD work well) and the Riddler being there to be BM's partner and do the actual crimes (Such as breaking down Arkham Asylum and releasing the inmates. With this, we can bring back Scarecrow and Zsaz as other villains meant to bring down the Batman. Meanwhile, the Riddler is leaving clues for Batman leading to Black Mask (not the Riddler himself) because Riddler wans to see Batman have it out with the Black Mask while he watches. So Riddler is really the master planner and Black Mask is his unknowing pawn.

Oh phoo, that sucks.

I already knew he was dead when it happened in the film, that is why Batman was saying make the call, he was the one who killed Dent

Oh well, and it's a damn shame Ledger isn't around anymore. He nailed the Jokers character, and I doubt Nolan is going to use Joker again. I doubt they'll find somebody as good as he was.

I'm hoping they drop Riddler, and use Blackmask as the villain, since Nolan takes the more realistic approach, I think that would do pretty good. Although it'd be great to see people like Clayface, or Bane, they just aren't realistic enough.

I'd honestly rather have Riddler. He's a bit more interesting to me than Black Mask (Who, honestly, is really cool). Riddler could present a more watchable fun challenge for Batman that people want to go and see. It would be even better to have Black Mask AND the Riddler with Black Mask being a kind of master planner like Hush (You gotta admit, this WOULD work well) and the Riddler being there to be BM's partner and do the actual crimes (Such as breaking down Arkham Asylum and releasing the inmates. With this, we can bring back Scarecrow and Zsaz as other villains meant to bring down the Batman. Meanwhile, the Riddler is leaving clues for Batman leading to Black Mask (not the Riddler himself) because Riddler wans to see Batman have it out with the Black Mask while he watches. So Riddler is really the master planner and Black Mask is his unknowing pawn.

THis would be a really great idea, only if Black Mask ever found out he'd either torture Riddler(Cause anybody who's read comics with Black Mask knows he loves to torture), or have his mafia members kill him off. I think Riddler is a more dynamic character, while Black Mask is more mysterious, since he's the leader of an entire mafia and he's just scary as hell! I really think it'd be interesting to see the two interact.

And I think Scarecrow just needs to sit down. For movies he's good for nothing, Scarecrow was such a great villain and had potential, but they didn't use him right. The lack of a pitchfork, fighting skills, and screen time kind of ruined him. :(

I gotta say that i agree with alot of you. I like McDurg's idea with Riddler (whom i find myself alot like. If you knew me personally you'd know...) and Black Mask, whom i have only heard of here. But hearing h e likes torture is good for me!

I would actually like to see Clayface, but he just isn't real enough for Nolan to use. I could see the new trilogy taking a Spidey-turn for the worse incorporating a thing like Clayface into one of the films. But he'd be very fun to watch! I personally would want another Ivy film, since her last just didn't do her justice. oh sure...it used her femme fatale aspects but not her botany parts. And that is nice...except her whole thing is plants!!! She did what, one or two things for them? All i remember is her planting the seeds in the run-down bath house and complain to Bruce Wayne about caring more about space than Earth. I would love to see a gothic greenhouse keeper become a psycho who kills with deadly toxins and plants a whole lot more than another movie about Riddler.

But i am asking too much from Nolan, since i know i'll never see this movie happen. And oddly, i would like to see a Riddler/Mad Hatter Team up most of all right now. One because it is a very real aspect, without mind-controling hats..., an two because we are running out of REAL villains! Kidding, but that would be an interesting team-up; but maybe that's one too many genius for one film.

We also have to remember that Batman is a "criminal" now, since to the public he killed Dent. It may be hard to incorporate some of these villains with that plot in mind. I wonder how they'll do it.

Oh, and has anyone else heard about the Dark Knight's re-release in theaters for the winter, for Heath's death anniversary?

I gotta say that i agree with alot of you. I like McDurg's idea with Riddler (whom i find myself alot like. If you knew me personally you'd know...) and Black Mask, whom i have only heard of here. But hearing h e likes torture is good for me!

I would actually like to see Clayface, but he just isn't real enough for Nolan to use. I could see the new trilogy taking a Spidey-turn for the worse incorporating a thing like Clayface into one of the films. But he'd be very fun to watch! I personally would want another Ivy film, since her last just didn't do her justice. oh sure...it used her femme fatale aspects but not her botany parts. And that is nice...except her whole thing is plants!!! She did what, one or two things for them? All i remember is her planting the seeds in the run-down bath house and complain to Bruce Wayne about caring more about space than Earth. I would love to see a gothic greenhouse keeper become a psycho who kills with deadly toxins and plants a whole lot more than another movie about Riddler.

But i am asking too much from Nolan, since i know i'll never see this movie happen. And oddly, i would like to see a Riddler/Mad Hatter Team up most of all right now. One because it is a very real aspect, without mind-controling hats..., an two because we are running out of REAL villains! Kidding, but that would be an interesting team-up; but maybe that's one too many genius for one film.

We also have to remember that Batman is a "criminal" now, since to the public he killed Dent. It may be hard to incorporate some of these villains with that plot in mind. I wonder how they'll do it.

Oh, and has anyone else heard about the Dark Knight's re-release in theaters for the winter, for Heath's death anniversary?

I already posted a link about it above, but it seems more like an Oscars thing than a Heath Ledger thing.

• 2 months later...

Now the DVD is out and I feel that that's reason enough to bring this thread back. So who is NOT going to get it? That's easter than asking who is because 90% of this little happy family is going to get it.

When you do get it, where are you going to get it? Some stores have cool giveaways with them like Best Buy with a Joker card and Wal-Mart has a Two-Face coin (unfortunately only with the single disk version. :( )

And wish me luck for I am about to embark on an epic odyssey of the mind: I am going to try to memorize The Dark Knight. Yes, memorize. The Whole. Damn. Movie. I will have some assistance from the script which I have downloaded and have stored on my computer just waiting to be printed. But mostly I'm going to watch it until I memorize it or my DVD player catches on fire.

Yes, I know I'm crazy. HeHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Let's put a smile on that face. :)

Why would you want to memorize the movie? It isn't exactly Shakespeare or T.S. Eliot. I guess I shouldn't criticize, as a kid I knew just about every line to "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" and "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves," and now I can recite much of "Miller's Crossing," but that is from obsessively watching those things, not an active attempt to learn everything that was said.

Anyway, I'm wondering which version to get, as well. I would love the 2 Face coin, but I ain't getting no 1 disk version. I've got a gift card for both Circuit City and Best Buy, so I'll probably go to one of those places. Someone have a link that discusses the different features from each retailer's release?

Why would you want to memorize the movie? It isn't exactly Shakespeare or T.S. Eliot. I guess I shouldn't criticize, as a kid I knew just about every line to "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" and "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves," and now I can recite much of "Miller's Crossing," but that is from obsessively watching those things, not an active attempt to learn everything that was said.

Anyway, I'm wondering which version to get, as well. I would love the 2 Face coin, but I ain't getting no 1 disk version. I've got a gift card for both Circuit City and Best Buy, so I'll probably go to one of those places. Someone have a link that discusses the different features from each retailer's release?

It's my favorite movie of all time. Why the hell not?

Besides, I am going to obsessively watch it anyway.

What is Miller's Crossing?

It's my favorite movie of all time. Why the hell not?

Besides, I am going to obsessively watch it anyway.

What is Miller's Crossing?

Fair enough. If it gives you enjoyment, go for it.

is my favorite movie.