UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What Are You Playing

neolego

Well, a friend let me borrow Enslaved over the weekend and I'm really digging it. It's beautiful!!! And it plays really cool. It's mostly melee combat with some turret shooting thrown in for good measure. However, if I was going to classify it, I would say it's more of a platformer. It's like Prince of Persia/Assassin's Creed in the way you run and climb through the majority of all of the levels. But it's done really smooth and fluid so that makes it very fun. On top of that the story is really good so far. I have to say that I had no interest in the game before this weekend, but now it's all I'm playing because the story has me sucked it! neo

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm that guy still playing Modern Warfare 2 with all the other guys who hate Black Ops.

That's me right now too,except I just bought modern warfare 2 because of starting to hate black ops because I played it too long.My only problem with MW2 is all the hackers,some guy hacked me to first prestige and took away all the callsign and emblems anyone know how to fix the problem?

Sorry for double post but I just called sony because my black ops doesn't work it just freezes my system while all my other games worked fine.So after about 1 hour of doing different things that didn't work,the lady said to format the system and you will be good to go.Now if you do not know what formatting means it means loose all you saved data,So I said fine because she said it would work and because the only games I play story with is burnout paradise and littlebigplanet 2.So I formatted my system and BLACK OPS STILL DOESN'T WORK!I got extremely mad because I just formatted my system for nothing.So I told the girl that she made me delete all my saved data and my game still doesn't work,I should atleast get something for losing 1 years worth of saved data,what do I get?Activisions phone number and a bye.I am going to call sony back later complaning and hopefully I could get something for the trouble....

Edited by darkredshdow

What system was this on and why didn't you just take the game back to the store? I've done that from time to time when the games act up. Hell, I had to do that a few times with my Resident Evil Elite game. I took the system back until I read that it was the game, not the console that created the issue. Still, sorry to hear about you wiping your system and it not fixing your problem.

Just started playing Dead Space and I think it has taken Quake 4's place on the errie department. I swear I think I peed a little :lol: Something else I've noticed, I can't play many games on the old 27". I tried playing this and Bad Company and couldn't read anything. Looks like I'm going to have to see about getting another flatscreen for the living room :D

What system was this on and why didn't you just take the game back to the store? I've done that from time to time when the games act up. Hell, I had to do that a few times with my Resident Evil Elite game. I took the system back until I read that it was the game, not the console that created the issue. Still, sorry to hear about you wiping your system and it not fixing your problem.

It's on ps3.Well I tried taking it back to ebgames and since the trade in value is 40 bucks my dad said its not worth paying extra 25 for the game when you already payed 65,so I am going to go to future shop{its like best buy but its in canada only}and trade it toward a ipad 2{we all know its coming out}

Edited by darkredshdow

Well, I beat Enslaved which turned out to be really good. I would have never bought the game, but since a friend lent it too me I played it and I'm glad that I did. The game looks beautiful and while there were some camera issues, I found the experience really enjoyable!

So, I've moved on to Fable III. I've only played for a couple of days but I can say it is clearly better than the second game (and I enjoyed that game). The story is much more involved, so far, and it does looks better overall. I'm still really early, but my early impressions are I'm really going to enjoy this one.......unless I have to be imprisoned in the Spire again......well, let's not go there! :).

On top of that, I bought Sacred Odyssey for the iPhone. For those who know nothing about it, think The Legend of Zelda for your iPhone and you are right on pace. The game looks great and plays really good (in spite of touch controls). Gameloft really does a good job with their games, I love Spider-Man and Nova and Odyssey falls into that catagory. It's pretty huge for an iPhone game and worth the $7 price. neo

i just beat Halo Reach yesterday (depressing but well done ending) and now i am trying to finish up Assassins Creed: Brotherhood. After that I will move on to CoD: Black Ops. Hopefully this will all be done in time for the release of LA Noire.

Well, I'm still loving Fable III. I'm actually sorry that I've put it off till now. I also have been playing some Kinect Adventures because my daughter loves it......and it's good for some achievements :).

Also, I downloaded "Stacking" last night and I really love it. I have to say that I'm a HUGE fan of the smaller, cheaper downloadable arcade games (I'm sure you all knew that, lol). Twisted Pixel and Double Fine have both been pioneers of this movement. Twisted Pixel has released Maw and 'Splosion Man and Double Fine released Costume Quest, all some of my favorite. Now, Dobule Fine's new game, Stacking is moving up my list. It's unique and fun. I'm not trying to sell the game, but the story is that you are a Russian Nesting Doll, the smallest kind. You can "Stack" up to 3 times larger making a total of 4 Dolls (Yourself + 3). Each of the dolls have an "ability" such as flirt or belch or listen or roll and you need each ability to get through the levels, so in that way it's more like a puzzle. For instance, you may need a Boxers (Largest) to hit someone, and then unstack to a hot lady to flirt (2nd level), and then roll under a table (3rd level) until finally you are back down to your character and have achieved your goal. I'm still really early, but I really love it and would recommend everyone at least play the demo.

On a final note, I'm thinking about changing my gamertag finally, but I'm struggling with it. I litterally spend 30 minutes last night trying to come up with a new one and failed. I'll keep you all posted if and when I change it. neo

I'm starting up with Dead Space again thanks to a power glitch wiping out my flash card :( You didn't warn me about that Neo. Luckily I was only on chapter 5 and not at the end of the game. Another bright note, I still have my accomplishments and I know what I'm doing this time :D

Yeah, I'm thinking I need to take it back. It happened again, so I'm going to see if this one takes before I head back to Best Buy for a replacement. Luckily I still have the receipt. Anyway, not your problem. I was just busting your stones :D

Well, turns out that flash drive failure was to my benefit. Apparently the prices dropped on the 4GB FD's since I had bought mine, so I was able to upgrade to a 8GB for only a couple of bucks more :D I've already transferred my profile and went back to starting Dead Space again. Didn't want to take a chance and have it go out with me again. Got through the 1st chapter before I decided to go to bed. Of course my son decided to get up about that time and I didn't get to sleep for another hour :lol:

I bought back bad company 2,I don't even know why I returned it in the first case since it's my favorite game on the ps3....AND I PLATINUMED IT!It's my first platinum trophy so I'm really happy.

OH YEAH AND FLYING HAMSTER ROCKS!

Edited by darkredshdow

I've actually had a busy weekend. I've played several games.

First, going back to Wednesday, downloaded "Stacking" and it's a blast. I have unlocked all the worlds, but there are still quite a few puzzles I'm working on. The game looks brilliant and plays well for what it is and it's quite funny. I highly recommend it!

Then, Fable III spent a lot of time spinning. I'm really digging the game a lot more than I thought. There are several things that I still prefer from part II, but I like the commerce system and the story so far. I think I'm going to stick with it for a while.

Lastly on Xbox, I picked up Battlefield Bad Company 2 for my Birthday and I really like it. I was really burned out on CoD but I love the military style shooters and BBC2, IMO, is the best one I've played on the console. I think it's better than CoD and Medal of Honor. I'm probably going to pick up the Vietnam pack soon.

On a side note, for my birthday, I picked up the Grey "Transforming D-Pad" Xbox controller and I really like it. Not only is the D-Pad much better, but the sticks are tapered different and feel great!!

For the final game I'm play, I downloaded NBA Jam on my iPhone. And. It's. AWESOME!! I really wanted this on my Xbox, as an XBLA game for $15. There is no way, even in HD, I would pay $50 for it. But $5 on the iPhone. Yes Sir!

Anyway, that's all for now. neo

Well I'm finally past the part where everything thing went :pinch: Don't ask me how, but I defeated the baddie without any ammo. Kind of like the first time I defeated General Raam it just happened. Once I'm done with this I'll start playing Mass Effect 2. Glad to hear you like BC 2 Neo, I know some of the guys here liked it better than MW. So I'm looking forward to seeing it for myself. Of course I'll play the first one before tackling that one. I definitely have a stack of games to get through. Unfortunately time isn't on my side most of the time.

Glad to hear you like BC 2 Neo, I know some of the guys here liked it better than MW. So I'm looking forward to seeing it for myself. Of course I'll play the first one before tackling that one. I definitely have a stack of games to get through. Unfortunately time isn't on my side most of the time.

If I were you I'd skip he first one and get straight onto the second Don, Online is totally where the Battlefield series is at it's best and the second is much better in that respect.

If you see me online and want to play so I can show you the ropes just shoot me a message.

T.

I completely agree with Timbo, skip one. The story modes aren't really connected, so you really don't miss much in the single player by skipping, but the multiplayer is where the game is best and you need to play 2 to appreciate it. I'm normally like you Don and will always play the first game, but not this time! :) neo

I completely agree with Timbo, skip one. The story modes aren't really connected, so you really don't miss much in the single player by skipping, but the multiplayer is where the game is best and you need to play 2 to appreciate it. I'm normally like you Don and will always play the first game, but not this time! :) neo

This agreeing has to Stop Neo people will talk ;)

Likewise if you see me online and want to team up let me know.

T.