UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

WWC News and Pics

vbpanizzi

Just got back from Wizard World Chicago. It sucked because there weren't any of the exclusives like usual. But...

I got to meet DST Matt. Absolutely great guy. We talked for a good half hour about mates. It is awesome to have someone heading up a product that I love that actually may love it more than I do. Thanks Matt and Chuck.

I asked him about if they could pick up the DC liscense since DCD sucks and he very candidly said no. Reason being that all DC stuff is internal. The nonDCD released stuff like the recent Batman:Dark Knight toys, are a seperate liscense based on the movie not the comic characters. So DC mates are 100% dead.

There were no new mates on display but they did have many packaged shots(see below). I talked to him about the future of Marvel and he had to be criptic but lets just say I have a feeling we don't have to worry about the death of Marvel mates for a while. Box sets Box sets Box sets. Also a little disappointing news the recent surge of extra pieces may be scaling back due to cost. Mind you he said slowing down not getting rid of.

More Movie Mates will most likely be unveiled at SDCC. BSG Razor packaging shots below. and BSG does have a future and it looks bright. As usual not a lot of details but from what he could tell me it is going to be cool.

post-1666-1214715216_thumb.jpgpost-1666-1214715231_thumb.jpgpost-1666-1214715265_thumb.jpg

post-1666-1214715289_thumb.jpgpost-1666-1214715311_thumb.jpgpost-1666-1214715331_thumb.jpg

Thanks bro! I have been dying to hear what the word at the show was......its too bad they moved the date this year, being before SDCC pretty much killed any chance of any new news. awsome pics too! any shots of the Silence boxset?

Jeff of the Miniacs

Thanks for the pictures. Those all look so cool!

Looks like we are getting Rocky 3 after all.

Have DST switched War Machine suits, or is that just a mistake by the person posing the mates? In the original ToyFair photos, the Stark version was the one that had shoulder mounted guns and was missing the chest "porthole" thing, but here they're positioned the other way around. Since I want the one with guns/no porthole, I hope they haven't made that the Rhodey variant....

Any Iron Man buffs know which suit is which in the comics, character-wise?

How come you didn't post a pic of the western minis? They're in the bottom right corner of the marvel picture. I would have liked to see them.

You know, that Jim Hammond torch looks uncannily like the Alex Ross interperation.

Finally, our first Ross-inspired Minimate! Here's to many to come [raises glass].

Now give me a Ross version of the concept movie Spider-Man and a Phil Sheldon and an extremely happy minimate fan I be.

i just got back from the show, im glad you posted pics, cuz the ones i took were crappy as hell. it was a fun convention, but it was also sad to hear about the death of micheal turner, my favorite artist. :(

I had no idea he had passed away- he was my favorite artist as well. *sigh* Such a terrible loss and he was only what 37? =(

Edited by ARE-JAY