UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wizard World Philly '08 Coverage

What the Hell happened to Cap's F.A. "half-mask"? That was essential in representing Cap in the original Invaders. I certainly hope that it wasn't replaced with that ridiculous "full-mask" (so is this what he'll be sporting in the new series? Blechh!! :( ). I also think that I preferred the first pic.s that we saw with the "bearded Tony Stark" having a dark beard as opposed to this "grey" version. Other than this, I'm still excited for these (except Movie Hulk...meh.) and I like that they're including some "repulsor-blast/stop-in-the-name-of-love hands with the IronMen! :)

Awesomeness! These pics were very much a surprise! Even more of a surprise, I'm actually liking the hulk minimates after all, well should they make hulk green, not grey, and get rid of the duck feet. The chest piece seems more like the traditional "powerhouse" piece that was used before, which is cool.

Invaders are cool, pretty confused about the blue mask though... did he ever wear that? Looks pretty cool though *shrugs shoulders* That Human Torch is quite amazing!

Love the Iron Man Box set. EVERY single one of them. Definitely buying at least 2, Modular Iron Man is perfect.

The Iron Man movie wave is great too. Even liking the variant *sigh*

TOO many awesome minimates coming! =)

Hulk no longer sports a diaper, which pretty much makes the figure for me. I don't mind the duck feet that much, though they'd look better with toes painted on or something. Abomination wasn't shown though? Maybe he's being revamped?

As is sometimes the case, I find that a lot of these look much better than the earlier prototype pictures. I like the Hulk-Mates much more, and will probably buy some of them now (I still can't believe T-Bolt Ross is the variant, though--he is the real star of that wave), and I really like the Namor face a lot more than the earlier pics. I, for one, also really like Cap's "modern," slip-on mask, and think that he might be my 2nd favorite Cap yet. I'm sure the blue mask is not finished. Releasing an Invaders Cap without the original Cap mask would make very little sense.

sooo Rhodey is out and Obadiah is in?

I am sure the all blue cap mask is an error, but the modern version is freaking awesome.

over all very happy with the results

can not wait to get em!

moc847

i think we still get a Rhodey that Obadiah is the one that is under the armour

Looks like Hulk grew out of his diaper. He's a big kid now!

i've just noticed on dst web site that hulk & iron man are now: Estimated Availability Date: 9/10/2008 :angry:

The little placard shown with the mates in those pictures still says August. Regardless, I'm still assuming December... :confused:

Edited by Lobsterman

Okay, these look fantastic but I have a few complaints. First of all, Huk is GREY. WTF? Second, what in the name of all that is good and holy has happened to pointy-headed Iron Man's face? And lastly, on Modular IM, the gold on his arms different to the one on his belly. Though the gold is nice, I thing they should be the non-shiny one. Now for the questions:

1) What are the pairings for the Hulk wave?

2) What are the pairings for the Iron Man wave?

Other than these complaints, I love these sets and will definately be buying a lot of these!

Vig

These are some damn good looking mates. The Hulk looks literally 5x better without the diaper. The Iron Man Movie ones just get better and better. As for the IM boxset, its really cool and all, but I don't need that many shellheads. I do seriously love that Invaders set.

1) What are the pairings for the Hulk wave?

2) What are the pairings for the Iron Man wave?

According to their respective DST product pages:

Incredible Hulk & Bruce Banner,

Abomination & Emil Blonsky,

Battle Damage Hulk & Betty Ross

and the variant Battle Damage Hulk & General Ross

Mark III Iron Man & Pepper Potts,

Iron Monger & Tony Stark,

Jim Rhodes & Mark I Iron Man

and the variant Jim Rhodes & Mark II Iron Man

The Hulk wave looks 10x better to me. Although I didn't hate them as much as some other board members, I do notice a big improvement without the "diaper." I want to see what some of the other missing mates look like up close. Where's Pepper, Rhodes, Abomination, and Movie Tony?

Also, I wouldn't mind the Hulk to be a bit greener, but colors always change between pre-production and final product... so I'll wait until then.

Edited by Joe Hill

I think the Hulk wave looks a whole hell of a lot better. The Bruce Banner figure is my favorite though. What was the guy that played him in the 1970's tv show man I forget his name, but for those triva buffs he was the character Donovan in the Apple Dumpling gang (the first one). Anyway got of target thats who the bruce banner looks like.

So over all the Iron man waves now (doesn't mean I don't love them though).

Invaders sweet..... can anybody tell me who the whole blue face captian america is. I know MHQ asked the same question but somebodys got to know.

Thanks Ivan. Looks like I'll be getting both box sets, the whole IM wave (apart from the variant), Blonsky and A-Bomb, and Battle-damaged Hulk and Ross.

Vig

I don't even understand the all blue mask, is that from some obscure comic?

I'm pretty sure it's just an unfinished version of this mask. Same facial expression.

Actually, the full blue mask was from the unsuccessful one-shot from the early 90s: Captain America, Gimp of the Red Skull. Didn't sell well for some reason ... :P

I think the Hulk wave looks a whole hell of a lot better. The Bruce Banner figure is my favorite though. What was the guy that played him in the 1970's tv show man I forget his name, but for those triva buffs he was the character Donovan in the Apple Dumpling gang (the first one). Anyway got of target thats who the bruce banner looks like.

So over all the Iron man waves now (doesn't mean I don't love them though).

Invaders sweet..... can anybody tell me who the whole blue face captian america is. I know MHQ asked the same question but somebodys got to know.

Bill Bixby is the man you are thinking of.

I don't even understand the all blue mask, is that from some obscure comic?

I'm pretty sure it's just an unfinished version of this mask. Same facial expression.

Actually, the full blue mask was from the unsuccessful one-shot from the early 90s: Captain America, Gimp of the Red Skull. Didn't sell well for some reason ... :P

The sad thing is that actually sounds like something that could have existed in the 90's! :P

Seriously though, the more I examine the "full mask" with the first pic.s, the more I agree that the piece was simply unfinished (as the black-line tampos are indeed identical). It just seems really strange that they would have left out the lower flesh paint app.s, as there is flesh around the eyes (usually that would be one complete tampo for each color). Perhaps they were making some modifications to the original that was shown. Regardless, this is one excellent boxset. The new Cap and Human Torch (or Toro?) will definitely be replacing their previous versions (as good as they were) in my main collection. The Sub-Mariner (Thank-You DST!!!) and Bucky are excellent in their own right. Very B) stuff.