UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Chazwinski's Minimate designs!

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow Chaz, your Greek pantheon is so pretty-looking that it almost depresses me we may never get these officially :(

I'd love to see how you'd do the rest of the pantheon (Artemis, Athena, Apollo, Aphrodite...) though ;)

TTF, when I think of Hades today I now think his previous depictions as some sort of malevolent death-god were actually kind of a side-effect of the pantheon mythos possibly being "mistranslated" in a modern context. Apparently in Greek mythology Hades was in fact more of a "lawful neutral" god, with the most "devious" thing he ever did being that time he abducted Demeter's daughter and made her his bride... darned Internet distracting my mind again :blush:

Wow Chaz, your Greek pantheon is so pretty-looking that it almost depresses me we may never get these officially :(

I'd love to see how you'd do the rest of the pantheon (Artemis, Athena, Apollo, Aphrodite...) though ;)

TTF, when I think of Hades today I now think his previous depictions as some sort of malevolent death-god were actually kind of a side-effect of the pantheon mythos possibly being "mistranslated" in a modern context. Apparently in Greek mythology Hades was in fact more of a "lawful neutral" god, with the most "devious" thing he ever did being that time he abducted Demeter's daughter and made her his bride... darned Internet distracting my mind again :blush:

Really?? Damn, i really need to get a new Mythology book...Either that or stop watching Disney's Hercules!! :lol:

And don't we have Apollo and Athena minimates?? :P

Yup, excellent work Chaz! I especially like all the attention to detail like Aphrodite's golden apple, Athena's owl and shield (with Medusa's head on it), Apollo's lyre and Hermes's caduceus :D

And incidentally, I was a fan of the original Clash of the Titans growing up... and can't help but be mildly worried they might ham it up in the remake :ermm:

And incidentally, I was a fan of the original Clash of the Titans growing up... and can't help but be mildly worried they might ham it up in the remake :ermm:

Me, too!* They might, of course. Too many CGI effects instead of Harryhausen's stop-motion beasts and it might suck like hell. But regarding that single pic here, I'm rather confident: I saw it on imdb's front page a few days ago without knowing to which movie it was related to, but I immediately thought of Clash of the Titans' Perseus in search for Medusa in her catacombs with all those warriors turned into stone. And than I realized that it actually might be that very scene! :ohmy:

_____

* This is strange. On the one hand I love those little facts that although we did grow up not only in different cultures, but on different continents, we do know the same stuff from our "childhood". On the other hand it's a little scary that everything seems to be equably and unvaried and little individual...

Man, Hades, Apollo and Poseidon are full of WIN! Any chance we'll be seeing your badass interperatation of the Norse gods anytime soon? (Norse gods would kick the Greek gods' collective butts up and down the street ANY DAY!)

My only complaint: Aphrodite looks too sinister for me to think her hot. And I am supposed to think she is hot. She needs some pretty eyes and a seductive smile.

So is Hephestus next?

Man, Hades, Apollo and Poseidon are full of WIN! Any chance we'll be seeing your badass interperatation of the Norse gods anytime soon? (Norse gods would kick the Greek gods' collective butts up and down the street ANY DAY!)

My only complaint: Aphrodite looks too sinister for me to think her hot. And I am supposed to think she is hot. She needs some pretty eyes and a seductive smile.

So is Hephestus next?

Thanks!

Trekker, I've always thought of Aphrodite as one of the more sinister goddesses. The ancient Greeks didn't think highly of her either. She was slutty and manipulative. Think about it...people kill themselves over love, they kill each other over love, they start wars over love, etc. I added that smirk to show that she is devious. ;)

The Norse gods sound like fun, but I still have a few more Greek ones to do. I've been doing Dionysus, Persephone, & Hephaestus, like you said.

So is Hephestus next?

Thanks!

Trekker, I've always thought of Aphrodite as one of the more sinister goddesses. The ancient Greeks didn't think highly of her either. She was slutty and manipulative. Think about it...people kill themselves over love, they kill each other over love, they start wars over love, etc. I added that smirk to show that she is devious. ;)

The Norse gods sound like fun, but I still have a few more Greek ones to do. I've been doing Dionysus, Persephone, & Hephaestus, like you said.

True, but sinister though she may be, she does need ot be obviolusly beautiful. I don't know, maybe it's the eyes. I think they are what put me off...

Still awesome though.

Dionysus, Persephone( that is a death mask & those are leaves, not cat ears LOL), Hephaestus

post-2001-1245635008_thumb.jpg

Don't worry; it doesn't look like a pair of cat ears at all. In fact, she just fell in the fifth spot of my Top 5 of your Greek Gods designs. Seriosuly, you totally have a knack for this!! Your talent is shining so much here, i wouldn't be surprised if DST sends you a request to borrow them for a Gods license. They're that good.

Speaking of which, where is our Greek Gods license?!?! :angry::P

Dionysus, Persephone( that is a death mask & those are leaves, not cat ears LOL), Hephaestus

post-2001-1245635008_thumb.jpg

Don't worry; it doesn't look like a pair of cat ears at all. In fact, she just fell in the fifth spot of my Top 5 of your Greek Gods designs. Seriosuly, you totally have a knack for this!! Your talent is shining so much here, i wouldn't be surprised if DST sends you a request to borrow them for a Gods license. They're that good.

Speaking of which, where is our Greek Gods license?!?! :angry::P

Greek Gods are in the Public Domain. They don't even need a license. DST can just make them randomly if they wanted to.

And Persephone is one BAMF. Almost as BA as her husband. And Dionysus is perfect, he looks kinda like a homo who will kick your ass in 2 seconds. Exactly what I would have him look like. Hell, no wonder he has to get people drunk to get any. He picked a good thing to be patron of.

Hephaestus... Badass. That's all that can be said. Man, these are absolutely my favorite designs of yours ever.

Dionysus looks spot-on, and I've always kind of liked Persephone :D

Aside from Trekker's Norse Gods suggestion, I'd love to see some characters from Egyptian myth as well. I mean, you've got pharaohs, priests, warriors, Isis, Osiris, Anubis, mummies (:P), not to mention all that gold and those fancy ankhs... what more could you ask for? ;)

Hecate (goddess of witchcraft):

post-2001-1245686825_thumb.jpg

I think I'll move on to something else for a while, now. There really aren't a lot of things to distinguish one Greek hero from another...I mean Jason had the golden fleece, Belleraphon rode Pegasus but bleh....maybe I'll come back to this and do lesser gods like Morpheus, Eris, Pan, but I think I'd rather tackle a different pantheon. Norse myths are cool, but I've already done some Marvel versions of those characters and Marvel certainly has influenced the way that I think the Norse gods are supposed to look. I'm torn between Egyptian, Aztec, & Indian....

I learned something today. I learned that the Indian (Hindu) pantheon is so complicated that they weren't even fun to read about after a while. They are mostly lots of incarnations of the same few deities in different avatars...so you would never see them side by side in a huge battle. I got a headache and that was before I started to design some. They have so many arms, heads, and such that they would be impossible to make and totally defeat the purpose of what I love about minimates...their simplicity! I had to cut, paste, rotate, over & over....it sucked! LOL. Enjoy these two...I'm not designing anymore Hindu gods!!!

Agni, god of fire

post-2001-1245714317_thumb.jpg

Narasimha, the fourth incarnation of Vishnu

post-2001-1245714347_thumb.jpg