UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Customs by lastmaximal

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really glad that these guys are getting such a warm response! Thanks, all!

@bobafett: Yeah, man, I get the exact same vibe whenever I visit your thread. It verges on uncanny -- Parallax, Sodam Yat and some of the others were ideas I also had [although the execution I had planned was a bit different] -- and I think you'll find the coincidences in this next batch amazing too, Psycho-Pirate and all!

@fnwebslinger: Glad to do your namesake justice!

@TENIME: Dude, you do great decal design work that really captures their animation models [i'd love to pester you to make some more JLU-based ones for Galatea and the like!]. It's a privilege to have been able to use the Creeper; he was one of the ones I simply had to go to a decal for because there was no way I could craft that face on my own!

Went back and redid the JUSTICE LORDS MARTIAN MANHUNTER with a Red Tornado cape [after finding out it wouldn't work for Psycho-Pirate]. He looks worlds better now, although now I have to find another use for the cut-down Drax cape.

th_DSC01697.jpg

Also, this one was left out of the previous batch:

th_DSC01688.jpg

"THE DARK KNIGHT" JOKER

I had originally planned to hold off on showing this one until my work-in-progress "The Dark Knight" Batman was finished [i've got the cowl with eye holes in it, the Q-Blox armor plate and fabric cape, but that's about it -- the detail on that costume is nuts!], but what the hey. The minute I saw the XMO: Wolverine TRU Gambit I knew that the hair and coat were destined to go on a custom Joker -- and that's pretty much what happened here. Citadel Dark Angels Green paint [with a Snot Green wash] for the hair, and P3 Beaten Purple for the coat. Adapted a Chazwinski design for the face decal [thanks Chaz, amazing work!] and created an original decal for the torso based on the actual pattern used for his vest.

Edited by lastmaximal

New batch!

th_DSC01692.jpgth_DSC01693.jpgth_DSC01694.jpgth_DSC01696.jpgth_DSC01699.jpgth_DSC01701.jpgth_DSC01703.jpgth_DSC01705.jpgth_DSC01707.jpgth_DSC01709.jpgth_DSC01715.jpgth_DSC01718.jpgth_DSC01719.jpgth_DSC01722.jpgth_DSC01723.jpgth_DSC01724.jpgth_DSC01726.jpg

JLI GUY GARDNER

Picked up a spare Guy Gardner/Kilowog pack a few months ago, and realized that this was a bit of a no-brainer. Couldn't not do the "Death of Superman"-era outfit! Chaos Black jacket with Regal Blue wash and Enchanted Blue piping, Enchanted Blue on the jeans and Bestial Brown for the boots. Pretty much a straight repaint of the original with a hand-painted "G" logo. Warrior next?

BLACK ADAM [GOLD ACCENTS]

Went back and retouched the old loosecollector custom with a larger lightning bolt and lower neckline, plus gold on everything . World of difference, as it turns out...

BLACK MARY MARVEL

Turns out the Kitty Pryde hair and Barbara Gordon face work sweetly to make this look work, atop a Mary Marvel body painted black and with the yellow trim of her skirt cut down to shorten it. Gloss finish on the top and skirt make it really leathery hawt.

CAPT MARVEL JR

I ended up having a spare Shazam after taking his boots to give to Ice, so I figured why not. This is basically a lot of Citadel Enchanted Blue on the body and P3 Khador Red Base and Cygnus Yellow on the cape. The C3 Superman head started out as a placeholder but I kind of like it there now.

RED ARROW

His current state in the comics aside, I've warmed to the Roy Harper character quite a bit, feeling kind of happy that he's followed in Wally and Dick's footsteps and hitting the big time in the League. Decal face and chest, Yellowjacket hair, Citadel Red Gore and P3 Khador Red Base for the rest. I still need a quiver and bow for him, somebody help me out?

CRIME SYNDICATE SUPERWOMAN

Original decal chest, Starbuck face, repainted Ultimate Storm hair and the Mary Marvel cape which turned out to have the perfect chain necklace. Trouble is that the hair wasn't made for capes, so she's permanently scowling downward -- then again, that's not so far off from what she'd normally do either way.

JUSTICE LORDS HAWKGIRL

The cut-down JLU Batman mask I'd considered using for Red Robin worked out well here after all, more or less. I may go back and touch up the eyes so she's not always looking up and to the left. Decal chest, Blue Costume Angel wing bracket and wings, repainted Justice Lords Superman lower body.

JUSTICE LORDS GREEN LANTERN

Wasn't too sure how to make him all burly with none of the extra pieces the others used . Decal chest and face; the face was an extrapolation based on the JLU John Stewart minimate, but having to repaint the eyes and some details after applying kind of took away from its original look.

KRYPTONITE BATMAN

Basic as it gets. Angry Bruce face, standard C3 Batman gear [painted the trunks and boot tops], wave 6 Gamma Hulk torso, arms and legs and a decal.

BATZARRO

I may one day go back and give his gray a bluish tinge, but this quick repaint might not be worth the effort in the long run [besides, he looks plenty creepy already]. Painted trunks and boot tops, decal chest, DCD Bizarro head under C3 mask. C3 Batgirl belt with the top panel cut out and shoved onto the waist block from the bottom.

1990s HUNTRESS

Even after getting the current "Hush"-debuted outfit done as a custom by loosecollector, I always wanted the 90s Huntress I followed in Contagion and No Man's Land. Original face and chest decal, lots of Citadel Warlock Purple, New X-Men belt, Batgirl cape, Union Jack holster and C3 Darkseid gloves [oh, and Silver Fox hair I think].

BEAST BOY

All of his 80's exploits were a tad before my real comic time, so my main exposure to and endearment toward this character stems from the Teen Titans cartoon. As such, while I will more likely than not favor DC-proper looks for the rest of them , this guy has his toon look. New X-Men belt, Nightwing wristbands, Hulk hair, decal face and chest.

BLACK LIGHTNING

I'd very certainly made a quick list of parts and decal plans for this guy by the time I checked bobafett's thread -- and lo and behold, he'd thought of how to make one too! I was overjoyed to find out that my idea of using a C3 Flash waistpiece would be more or less what the doctor ordered [just keep the lightning bolt clear and paint the rest black]. Used an original decal for the chest and a modified Jason Rusch Firestorm face decal originally by TENIME. I may add extra Storm/Electro lightning bolt pieces if I can find some.

CLASSIC HAL JORDAN AND ABIN SUR

At first I figured they'd be easy, but when I got around to actually painting arms and legs from scratch to go with the decal-ed chests I was proven wrong. Hal has his DCD head and Mr. Fantastic hair painted Bestial Brown, Abin has an original decal on a face painted with a mix of Red Gore and Warlock Purple.

KYLE RAYNER [CURRENT OUTFIT]

What can I say, I'm a Kyle fan too. Snot Green costume panels with Scorpion Green highlight lines, the same face decal from before and a new one for this chest, and IM2 Mark V Stark hair.

PSYCHO-PIRATE

I'll cop to being inspired by bobafett's design here! Found out the Red Tornado cape wouldn't work so I used a Mephisto cape [my later Ra's Al Ghul will have to use an Ocean Master cape], lots of P3 Khador Red Base and Citadel Chaos Black. Also used a Drax helmet so I could do a face-switch . Followed the JLU color layout, which is just complicated enough for my tastes.

Edited by lastmaximal

they are lovely... really nice stuff as usual, and I fancy making myself that Guy now.

Psycho-Pirate! heh, looks great, and the Biff head is spot on. R.Tornado cape doesn't work? is the collar too narrow on the head for the helmet to fit? hmmm... well, i reckon the Mephisto cape looks better all the same.

Thanks again, all! I'm utterly floored that these are getting such a good response from such highly-respected customizers. Must be doing something right, and learning all the while!

This batch was an interesting one with a number of firsts and a lot of errors along the way.

th_DSC01730.jpgth_DSC01732.jpgth_DSC01734.jpgth_DSC01735.jpgth_DSC01738.jpgth_DSC01741.jpgth_DSC01744.jpgth_DSC01747.jpgth_DSC01748.jpgth_DSC01757.jpg

th_DSC01749.jpg

JACK KNIGHT STARMAN

After waffling on how in the world to get his glasses sculpted, I... didn't. Well, not yet, unless I can find someone out there willing to sculpt glasses and hair and other small character-centric bits for cheapish [that's what's also holding me back from, say, Animal Man and Adam Strange and others]. Went with a decal design instead, tracing the Civil War Tony Stark face and adding the glasses. Jacket logo is painted in front and a nice clean decal in back. That aside, this guy is almost entirely reused parts - Ambush Bug torso, Loony Bin Jim pants and feet I think, and Stargirl's staff.

THOM KALLOR STARMAN

Melee Spider-Man head painted over in black plus Alternate Superman arms and legs with gloves and boots painted on... and a lot of painted starfield detailing in both white and silver. Simple enough -- wonder why I didn't try this one sooner? Now I'm thinking of using the Wave 18 "half masked" Spidey slipover to make a half-masked bearded Thom Kallor.

MR. FREEZE

Decided to make a new one to try and better my early loosecollector commission. Thankfully, this time around the right parts presented themselves -- a local collector convention was a bit of a letdown for hauls and finds save for one stall that had an Imaginext Mr. Freeze . Decided to try and mix up as batch of metallic paint -- the store clerk warned me off of using a colored Ink/Wash and Silver mix, so I tried the solid color Regal Blue and Mithril Silver instead. Seems to have turned out all right, although the trial and error of mixing up is kind of a pain. Gave him some white drybrushing afterwards. Basically Imaginext Mr. Freeze helmet, Sentinel gauntlets and boots, Apocalypse belt piece and a cut-down Modern Cylon torso plate. Face decal by TENIME, incidentally.

MIA DEARDEN SPEEDY

Wasn't sure how to do the cape, so I focused oin making the main figure first. Original decal for the face, Red Gore paint all over with Burnished Gold boots and Lady Loki arm plating. Ended up cutting down an Alternate Superman cape to give her the front flaps and the pointy shape, and painted yellow and hold onto a Magdalena hood [was originally going to have her always unmasked with a SM3 Gwen Stacy hairpiece]. The Magdalena hood was a good idea after all, as it helped enhance the feminine look I wanted for her.

KATMA TUI

This custom had one of the first complicated-ish skin tone mixing experiments [actually the GL girls were sort of a series in that regard] and it shows -- the face doesn't even really match the torso. She has an original decal that tried to approximate the foxy, sly look she had on the cartoon [well, earlier on -- pre-Unlimited I think]. I went with the JLU torso design for the original decal though, since it's more visually distinctive to me than the classic look they used in DCUC.

ARISIA

I'd always wanted one, thinking I'd just use standard fleshtone. Ended up actually mixing a weird Burning Orange/Golden Yellow/Elf Flesh mix for this one after all, with Rachel Grey parts [from the rolled-up glove ends to the sanded-down skirt] rounding out the rest of her. Face decal is Photoshop-traced from a Power Girl face, and chest decal is all new.

SORANIK NATU

This was fairly easy by comparison, as the only paint mixing that had to be done was for just face and cleavage. Still, getting the right mix of Red Gore and Warlock Purple is hard! Chest and face are decals -- chest is original and face is based on TRU Starbuck. Hair is, I think, War Zone Jigsaw. Turned out to be a pretty good fit.

JADE

She's had a lot of costumes, it turns out -- I'll try the sleeveless white one next maybe. Spectre arms and legs, original decal for chest and a face decal based on Rahel Grey's face. Hair is from one if the BSG Sixes, painted Dark Angels Green with Scorpion Green touches.

ELONGATED MAN [RED/BLACK COSTUME]

Eventually I'll get around to a purple/white one, but this was a neat and quick custom. Basically a Magneto given a new chest decal and painted over with Skull Black and P3 Khador Red Base with Golden Yellow for the belt and trim. One of the wave 24 Spidey heads, and painted Aquaman hair. Maybe later on if I get some spare Sandman hands and a new Mr. Fantastic stretch base I'll trick him out Plas-style. Shame we can't paint the rubbery Mr. F arms.

Oh, and finally a new tag-along Iron Man!

"WHAT IF? CIVIL WAR" IRON MAN

Not too happy with how light the colors turned out on this one -- well, no, I really like how the Red Gore turned out when silver-mixed. The Regal Blue is a bit too muted for my tastes. Basically a lot of custom-mixed metallic red and blue paint over an existing Extremis Iron Man armor set put on a Silver Surfer body frame, topped off with gloss clearcoat. Shield is, well, one of the many cap shields.

Edited by lastmaximal

Thanks, guys! I couldn't help but want to make an Arisia as she's one of the most visually distinctive humanoid [read: one that doesn't require me to sculpt anything, as I don't know how] GLs.

Was in such a good mood this weekend [yesterday was really cool for a number of reasons] that I got fired up to finish a couple of other customs that have been on my list for a while now.

th_DSC01769.jpgth_DSC01771.jpg

COPPERHEAD

This guy was in my parts box forever, at least ever since I bought that loose GI Joe reissue Serpentor [from one of the comic three-packs of old, I think]. The snake head was just too perfect for words! The rest of him is an original JLU-based face decal and a bunch of parts [mostly Thing bits and a couple of Venom hands] painted Burning Orange and Snot Green [the chest scales are a flesh/yellow/orange blend]. I may have to keep him far away from the similarly-colored Mirror Master, heh.

BARRY ALLEN FLASH

Speaking of Mirror Master, his old-school foe finally got painted up today! His waist piece was one of the first things I ever painted with my detail brush, and several dozen customs later I went back today and tightened up the lines. He's mostly Khador Red Base and Golden Yellow on a C3 Flash to darken up and strengthen the shades of red and yellow already on that figure [trimmed the lightning bolts a bit also], with a decal for the chest.

Thank you again for the great response, all! I honestly don't know where the time pops up. Most of these are really just done up in the late hours of the night after I come home from work; it helps me relax and gives me a fun cathartic outlet for what little energy I have left by then. I really do appreciate the positive notes on the paint, as I'm forever having trouble getting straight glove lines and it's refreshing to hear very forgiving feedback. :D

The Serpentor head was a perfect fit IIRC, although I did have to stretch it a bit so as to allow the head with the Copperhead decal to fit undamaged. [That is a weird sentence.]

One week later [wow, has it really just been one week] comes an odd hodgepodge of heroes and villains!

th_DSC01900.jpgth_DSC01901.jpgth_DSC01895.jpgth_DSC01879.jpgth_DSC01892.jpgth_DSC01868.jpgth_DSC01897.jpgth_DSC01891.jpgth_DSC01889.jpg

'MOSAIC' JOHN STEWART

I always thought that it was cool that John had had a unique outfit of his own, like Guy's big jacket thing. It also struck me as a potentially easy-ish decal-based custom to do, so I set out to do it -- a different take on my Justice Lords John Stewart face decal and an original decal for the chest, plus an old hairpiece that worked pretty well -- 'fro-ish without being an actual 'fro.

'RENEGADE'

I'm a sucker for alternate costumes, I guess [thanks for sharing the Kyle Rayner love, minimadman!] as well as undercover "heel-turns", so I'd always also been intrigued by this Deathstroke-siding Nightwing identity. This was a straight repaint [with black, P3 Skorne Red and Citadel Scorched Brown] inspired by the rumored DCUC variant, although I did alter the chest logo and make a new face decal based on the DCD wave 7 Nightwing, who's much more scowly than his C3 counterpart. I waffled on making a new mask that better matched the art [spiky hair plus fuller headgear that only left his nose and mouth exposed] but this look is already menacing enough for me for now.

JUSTICE LORDS FLASH

Sure, technically he didn't exist -- he'd gotten killed, thus inspiring the League to turn into the tyrannical Lords. Still, since he'd gotten made into a Brainiac/Luthor construct along with the others, I figured why not... although I'm sure as heck not in a hurry to make "construct" versions of the others. This was an experiment of sorts, with a Frankenmate brought to a friend to be sprayed over entirely in white before taking it home and painting it P3 Cygnus Yellow all over [the same treatment was applied to the mask]. You can see where I had trouble, although at least the decal [original, based on the Justice League/Wally West Flash logo with one jagged point in the middle] seems to have evened out the yellow on the chest.

KINGDOM COME SUPERMAN

This was mainly born of looking around and seeing a C3 Superman body, TRU Cavil head, DCD Wildcat hair, and thinking of a simple decal design that would work. As well as having some Citadel Regal Blue and Red Gore handy.

JUSTICE LEAGUE UNLIMITED JOHN STEWART

John Stewart is back, and this time he's got his badass goatee. I ended up being more attached to this look than the crew cut he had in Justice League, and figured it'd be cool to make a new decal based on the original Minimate. I'd kept making mistakes with the printing size for this guy's face, but here I think I got it more or less right [the same is true for the size of the GL logo on the chest decal, which was a lot bigger when I used it on Arkis Chummuck].

'HAL JORDAN' SPECTRE

Following in Boyd's footsteps isn't easy, as this shows. I'd had the idea around the time I read a preview for Green Lantern Rebirth -- thinking it was pretty cool for Hal to be all GL'd up inside the Spectre cape -- but it was seeing Boyd's custom that sealed the deal for me to want to make one myself. Copied the face of the original Minimate, but I should've done the same for the chest. As it is it's pretty spotty, and I may later on go back to redo the chest since the rest of him is actually all right by me.

EARTH-2 SUPERMAN

Mainly another quick custom job with a spare C3 Superman body painted Enchanted Blue, DCD Wildcat's face and I think my last spare C3 Superman hairpiece. Oh, and a cut-down Magneto cape, which it turns out looks pretty good cut down just so. Now I have a use for all those spare Magneto capes...

SILVER BANSHEE

The leftover Spectre body came in handy after I'd used the hood and cape for Spectre-Hal -- some black and white paint and original chest and face decals helped me create the basic frame for a Silver Banshee, and Ultimate Storm hair completed the overall job.

ORACLE

Another one I'd long been wanting to make! I'd had my eye on the FA X-Men Jean Grey hairpiece for this custom a while, and I figured it was now or never. Reused a Prof X wheelchair [i'll go back and figure out how to cut the handles off] and I think Mary Jane legs and someone else's sandal-wearing feet. I made an Ed Benes-art-based original decal for the chest, but something was going wonky with the clearcoat I was using for this batch [silver Banshee had some of it too, although it's hidden by the lack of color], hence the weird texture/light reflection. Also put together a new one for the face, a blend of FA X-Men Jean Grey's eyes with Silken Floss' glasses. Wanted her to use a GI Joe: ROC laptop but it turns out there's next to no stable room for it on the wheelchair, although there seems to be an arrangement that works a bit.

Edited by lastmaximal

Thanks again, all. :D

Bit of a mini-batch this week. Running out of ones I can do with little to no sculpt work [some of these are missing unique accessories too], which I could really use some help with... anyone up for a sculpting commission?

th_DSC01902.jpgth_DSC01904.jpgth_DSC01907.jpgth_DSC01911.jpg

JLU GALATEA

Here's another long wait-listed custom from someone who really, really enjoyed the show. Came up with original decals for the face and chest [the face was a bit of a challenge as I couldn't get any good head-on screencaps, but it's decent I guess], and used mostly as-is parts [with some paint on the SM3 Gwen legs and Rachel Grey glove ends]. I'd like to get better hair than this Emma Frost piece for her if that's possible.

CLASSIC GREEN ARROW

My arrow guys are all missing quivers and bows, somebody help! That aside, this was a pretty quick custom -- wanted a "Brave and the Bold" style GA. Marvel Boy arms, Bucky gloves, Red Tornado boots and an M. Bison skirt piece all painted up in the appropriate colors. Made an original chest decal and a face decal that basically puts a mask on a Shazam face. Went with an Invaders Cap hairpiece since I didn't have a spare GA hat.

GREEN ARROW II - CONNOR HAWKE

For some reason I'd always wanted a Connor Hawke figure. Big on legacy characters, you see. Waffled on just how to make this for a long time -- then I settled on cutting down a spare New X-Men Cyclops jacket to be his pullover hoodie thing. A modern Ultimate Cap hairpiece, Batman belt and spare Namor bracelet [plus lots of Snot Green and Bestial Brown paint] later, Connor was ready. Without any actual bows or arrows, but I guess he can lean on his martial arts until I get him some gear.

ROCKET RED - DMITRI PUSHKIN

Rocket Red #4 took shape over a long period of time and lots of drawings mostly involving Crimson Dynamo armor pieces . This was almost entirely a repainted STRIPE with some Skull White and a Red Gore/Mithril Silver blend. I'm pleasantly surprised about how cleanly the hammer-and-sickle logo turned out -- especially given the uneven shape of the star it's on. STRIPE's chest detailing, shoulder rivets and abdomen grill were all shaved and sanded down. I also shaved the neck ball joint way down so I could wedge a standard 2" Minimate head onto it, upon which I put a spare Darkseid helmet painted white. Maybe later on I'll see about getting to an alternate Rocket Red armor, based on a Vault Guard armor base [he's got the shoulder gun at least] with a Cyclops visor on. Right now, though, I wanted to help round out my JLI. Now how to go about getting a Mr. Miracle and Barda...

Edited by lastmaximal

• 1 month later...

Long time coming for this latest batch -- so much stuff got in the way [and I kind of got a bit burned out on the constant painting] in the last few weeks, but eventually I got back on the horse and churned out a few new customs. Didn't make it to CustomCon, sadly, as a few ideas hit some snags -- Roulette now has the right skirt for the part but the Sand Saref hair is still a little off, and I had a Vigilante custom planned but the JLU figure I ordered never arrived, so he's still hatless. Then again these are probably still a little too amateurish for the big time.

Did some listing and apparently, I've gotten around 80 of these little guys done! Certainly pales in comparison to the lineup of our more established and more talented customizers, but it feels cool to see so many of these already painted up.

th_DSC01916.jpgth_DSC01919.jpgth_DSC01921.jpgth_DSC01922.jpgth_DSC01923.jpgth_DSC01924.jpgth_DSC01925.jpgth_DSC01928.jpgth_DSC01929.jpg

ALEXANDER LUTHOR

I'm not really sure what base I used here, but I covered it in an ochre base and laid on the Burnished Gold before giving him an original chest decal. The rest is rather crookedly obvious [and obviously crooked] marker work. Face from one of the many Wolverines, and hair from the Villains box set Magneto painted Burning Orange.

HUMAN BOMB

My first Freedom Fighter [got a Phantom Lady decal set printed too, but this was a good and simple time-burning project with no decals really needed]. Now to endure the tracking-down of a Vulture so I can make a Black Condor [may be easier than tracking down another top hat and whatnot for an Uncle Sam]. I may go back to this guy and touch up the white paint, as I'm not entirely pleased with the finish. Radioactive Man parts on a base, all slathered with Skull White and touched up with Mithril Silver.

THE GRAY GHOST

Started with, fittingly enough, a Batman base painted with a lot of custom-mixed gray [which ended up being a bit too dark]. Battle-Damaged Spirit hat, trimmed-down Batman cape, original decal for face [modified version of the Clock King/Jack Knight decals] and chest.

OSIRIS

Meh character, although the original direction was interesting. I'd rather have made an Isis, but that seems like it'd take a lot more work :D Alternate Superman base with the ochre foundation paint before some Burnished Gold. Original decal chest, Bruce Banner face and Tony Stark hair [the last two may be placeholders if I can work up enough interest to go back and improve this guy].

BATTLE FOR THE COWL JASON TODD "GATMAN"

Among other things I'm a sucker for, I apparently dig bad Batman costumes. This has an original decal chest, a Union Jack belt and SDCC X-Force Cable holsters painted over in a Mithril Silver/Enchanted Blue pseudo-metallic blend, and a miniflyer Batman mask and face. Still need to work up a faceplate -- toyed with the idea of making a decal for it, but that wouldn't be too faceplate-y.

"OUTSIDERS" ARSENAL

Always liked this look better than the "two shades of brown/tan" look he had in the late 90s. This was actually one of my earliest customs [easily along with the batch that brought us Black Flash], but I shelved it because the chest decal had gone on pretty badly despite a couple of trials. Eventually painted up a new chest and put a new decal on -- the wait was fortuitous, because in the interim I bought an extra Shocker from fnwebslinger and the hair from that turned out to look pretty good on this custom. Invaders Bucky shoulder harness, Akuma gauntlet things, Steel [?] belt, original decal face and chest. Considering making a second one with the jacket and without the domino mask.

90s NIGHTWING

I don't care what people say, I love Knightfall and whatever madness was happening or being worn at around that time. As such I'd always prioritized making this Nightwing look over the "New Teen Titans" Disco Nightwing [this also needed simpler parts]. I used SDCC X-Force Domino hair, which was itself a happy accident as I was rifling through my parts box. Made a new face decal that used a modified C3 Nightwing face, then and original chest decal, and a lot of Regal Blue, Enchanted Blue and Golden Yellow and bad marker applications. :D

BUDDY BLANK/CLASSIC OMAC

I'm not sure where the idea for this struck me, but it did seem like a simple enough operation [oddly, it wasn't after watching Brave and the Bold -- might have been seeing a DCUC OMAC in a specialty store]. At first I had the Alternate Superman bracelets in mind, which was easy in and of itself, but I spent a bit of time waffling on what would make a good hairpiece. Then I remembered the Daken hair, which ended up being pretty serviceable despite being a little too tufty and real-hair-ish to be the OMAC mohawk. Original decal chest, SHIELD agent head, paint colors Enchanted Blue and Burning Orange and Burnished Gold.

"THE TITANS" JESSE QUICK

I'd also always kind of liked this Johnny Quick logo look for her, better than the big circle-lightning-bolt-Q on her right boob or the current "I found this shirt and shorts combo in my clothes closet" post-Flash Rebirth costume. Would've preferred to try a Clear-Red-over-Mithril-Silver-coat to get a more metallic sheen, but all the stores were out so I just did a bit of P3 Khador Red Base highlighting on the Citadel Red Gore base. Original chest and face decals, spare brown costume Wolverine arms, Warbird/Ms. Marvel hair.

Edited by lastmaximal