UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimates Receive First ToyFare Hall of Fame Award

It's always been obviously that Toyfare has a soft spot for minimates and it's great to see them get the recognition they deserve.

Congrats DST!!

It's of course a huge shame that Donna is no longer around to accept the award as she was the driving force behind minimates for a long long time.

T.

Congrats to Digger and everyone else involved in the creation of the brand as well as to DST and everyone that continues to keep the Minimates brand alive and well! A well deserved award!

If one thing could come of this for me it would be that DCD realize how good a toy line this is and continue the DC line.

Not a bad thought...

Conrats to all those who helped spawn the minimate concept (Art Asylum) and congrats to the driving force (mainly DST) who've helped drive the minis into superstardom. But most of all, thanks to all the devoted fans who've kept the brand alive by BUYING THE PLASTIC CRACK. My hats of to MINIMATES! :D

Anyone notice the line "This is one awards show you’ll want to sit through to the end!"? Someone pointed this out (misterpl?) on the DCD message board.

It just hit me that they may hand out a Hall of Fame Minimate to celebrate. Could it be?!?!?

This is fantastic news to hear!!

I do hope that this could bring some good fortune to the future of minimates.

Congratulations to DST and everyone who had a hand in creating our wonderful addiction!

It just hit me that they may hand out a Hall of Fame Minimate to celebrate. Could it be?!?!?

I can see it now, a solid 24K gold minimate......aahh...how lovely. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I just got back from Wizard World Philly(didn't get to go until Sun.) I missed the awards(bummer), but I stopped by DST's booth. Chatted with Chuck(a very pleasant guy) :) . Saw the prototypes for all the mates scheduled for this year, They look sweet. The Hulk mates look better in person.(speaking of Hulk, Marvel had a life size movie Hulk on display-pretty cool). over all I am stoked for all the minimate goodness this year. Also picked up some extras for customizing. And Chuck slipped me some free mates(elf Spock, and Santa Spidey) :biggrin: . A really BIG Thank You to Chuck(for the free stuff and puttin' up with my geek questions). Sorry I didn't get any pics(I don't have a digital camera-gotta work on that+ the no photos signs would have made me nervous). Over all a good day, it was worth the long drive. :biggrin:

Hey, I just got back from Wizard World Philly(didn't get to go until Sun.) I missed the awards(bummer), but I stopped by DST's booth. Chatted with Chuck(a very pleasant guy) :) . Saw the prototypes for all the mates scheduled for this year, They look sweet. The Hulk mates look better in person.(speaking of Hulk, Marvel had a life size movie Hulk on display-pretty cool). over all I am stoked for all the minimate goodness this year. Also picked up some extras for customizing. And Chuck slipped me some free mates(elf Spock, and Santa Spidey) :biggrin: . A really BIG Thank You to Chuck(for the free stuff and puttin' up with my geek questions). Sorry I didn't get any pics(I don't have a digital camera-gotta work on that+ the no photos signs would have made me nervous). Over all a good day, it was worth the long drive. :biggrin:

So, did they have anything we haven't seen before on display, or same ol', same ol'?

Pretty everything that's been shown already, although I didn't see wave 23. There were other people browsing, and then I talked to Chuck, bought some mates and then wandered off. Forgot to go back and look. :blush: My first time there, I was a little spaced-out.