UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Cleaning up the mates

Dude

Are minimates safe to take a quick dip in warm water in order to get the dust off they have accumulated from display? Wanted to know before I did something stupid and tragic.

How do you clean your mates?

I don't clean my mates. they rarely because that dirty, because i don't display them and I play with them often.

Anyways I don't think it will matter if you put them in warm water. Experts suggest you put them in boiling water to reset the joints, you know if they get too loose. so I doubt warm water will ruin them.

What....dust adds character to minimates...lol

Seriously, I just wipe them off in a towel or shirt, not damp.....usually look dust free afterwards.

Although, most of my mates are stored away due to my cat............ but the ones I do have displayed don't get cleaned all TOO often, maybe once every few months.

I keep mine stored in little baggies which are then put into a Rubbermaid container. Ever since my girlfriend lost Things little tiny cigar i don't display them anymore. :angry:

I got a grimey bag of minis from China a few months back. I dumped most of them in some warm soapy water and they cleaned up just fine. No issues.

I have had a wonderful idea :ohmy: Somebody ought to make Minimates that are encased in soap :) .....what's more they could be called ........Bathmates. Perhaps the DC line could make a come-back with a Series 9 line-up which could include Bathman ,Bathgirl , Soapierman , Flash :) , Drainiac,Lex Loofah, etc.etc. Marvel could have The Incredible Plug, The X-Foliators & the Sud-Mariner. So what do you think ????

update: I have had a few questions regarding this which I would like to try & answer :

1.Shanester: I think that your idea for the second soap- themed Madonna box set is a great idea! Not sure if the name will work ....the Scrubber?

2. Winkerbean: I am sure a soap-mate comic-strip would work very well although I am not sure how you would deal with the speech-bubbles.

3.Super Spider Piggy: Your idea (Soapmate?) .....is never likely to ever happen is it???!!!

4. TBT: Yes the drugs are helping.

5.Karamazov: Yes I am clean round the bend.

6.MOC : I will try & force the item you mentioned ....up where you suggested.

7. Rad: Sorry.

8. Dan: Yes they will fit if you liberally apply petroleum jelly.

9.TM2 Dinobot:Yall think DST would clean-up (financially)if these were produced?

10.Reideen: Soapy bubble is cockney-rhyming slang & people are continually asking me if " I want some?"

So what else do you think would work well???!!!!

5.Karamazov: Yes I am clean round the bend.

8. Dan: Yes they will fit if you liberally apply petroleum jelly.

Thanks for addressing both of my concerns, I couldn't sleep at night from wondering. :lol:

:(

:sick:

Edited by karamazov80

I ordered about 20 minimates from an ebay seller last year and they came smelling of smoke so bad that it literally punched me in the face when I opened the box. I drenched the mates with an odor neutralizer spray and left them in the open air for a while then I rinsed them off in some warm water and they all still look great so yeah warm water is totally fine.