UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Secret Invasion

neolego

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i thought that

but that would mean that they replaced wolverine with a skrull after already replacing him with a skrull before....then my brain stared to hurt

but what if theres 2 wolverine's running around 1 a skrull & the normal 1, no one would think anything of it because wolverine's everywhere in the marvel universe anyway!!

Edited by winkerbean

That's going to be a problem with everything in a state of chaos and the only Hero that can detect them incapacitated, they won't know if the person that just left to grab their dry-cleaning is actually them or Skrull! **BAD JOKE COMING UP**Dammit Reed hurry up and pull yourself together! :D

Everyones a skrull the whole marvel back history means nothing they get to wipe decades of stuff and can do origin storys till 2010.

Spideys a teen, the hulk smushes with no thought. everyones happy because kids and parents are reading the same storys and all progression means nothing.

errr anyone think that to me this whole thing just feels like a reset button for bad scripting.

Ha, I just left my Comic store, finally picked up my issue. I'll read it later tonight.

Just a quick bit of news I thought you may injoy. My local comic store is doing "Skrull Bingo". You get a Bingo card but instead of numbers you have a sheet with Marvel Character's names. Each time a name is revealed to be a Skrull you get to mark that box. If you get Bingo first you win like all the Variant covers and stuff. I thought it was a pretty novel I deal. I'll let you guys know how I do :). late! neo

Ok, first sorry for the double post!

Second, I've now labeled this thread as a SPOILER thread, so no need for Spoiler Boxes anymore........unless you just really like them.

And, finally, HOLY COW! I finally read #1 last night.....twice to be exact and I can't believe what I'm seeing. This has the potential to be one of the greatest Minis that I've ever read! I have too many thoughts to mention, but I'll throw a few out there. Let's start be a list of confirmed Skrulls:

-Black Bolt

-Elektra

-Dum Dum Duggan

-Jarvis

-Sue Storm (Pending)

-Captain Marvel (Pending)

-Hank Pym

-Revolutionary

-Cobalt Man

I will say that most of those I saw coming, but it was still shocking. I love that Bendis has been working on this for a very long time, using New Avengers, Mighty Avengers, House of M, Civil War, Secret War, etc. to build up momentum. I even remember an interview in Wizard magazine just before New Avengers we released. He was asked about Wolverine being everywhere and I can't quote him but he said that you will learn how it is that Wolverine seems to be everywhere. I think the first issues was great and has made me officially hate life for the next 4 weeks. Good news is, in 2 weeks we'll get a new Might Avengers, 3 weeks we'll get a new New Avengers, and finally 4 weeks we'll get SI#2......so, it's not as long as drought that way.

I was wondering, we are we to think about the passengers on the ship? Are we to think those are more skulls already taken shape or are we to believe those are the Heroes that have finally escaped? I'm kind of leading towards the latter, and that those are our heroes. However, there are a few VERY HUGE problems that I'm going to have with that. #1 is Captain America. He was shot, he was killed, and his body stayed the same. How are we to believe that Electra was turned back into a Skull but Cap wasn't? #2 is the date of some of our heroes. Luke Cage is in his old Power Man Costume and Wolverine is in his 1st Appearance against the Hulk Costume. Are we to believe that Luke Cage and Wolverine have been replaced for YEARS and YEARS ?!?! I believe that there may be two Wolverines and possibly two Ms. Marvel but with Wolverine still on the ship, are both or all three or however many Wolverines that are around all Skrulls. #3 What's up with Iron Man. If the ship people are real heroes, there is a Classic Iron Man on board. Which would make the new Iron Man a Skrull, right? However, Skrull Jarvis attacks Tony's suit which is something he wouldn't do if he was a Skrull....unless of course that is a cover up for the big reveal at the end?!?! Wow, it's making my head hurt.

Let me finish by saying as much as I'm loving this story, I really hope this isn't a "reset" button. In the effect that I know personally I would feel cheated on a lot of levels if it were. I've invested time and money into a lot of storylines over the years and recently House of M and Civil War and Messiah Complex. If all of that was for not and most of the characters involved just kinda dissappear and those evens don't have the gravity they should, I will feel a bit cheated. Hopefully Bendis will find a way to tie them all together and figured out why they are all involved and we will finally figure out what the island really is.........wait, I forgot was I was writing about ;). I trust Bendis and I believe that he will make this all work! One thing I do hope to see is I hope that during the corse of the next 8 months, whether in Avengers or in SI or even in a Stand Alone, we get to find out the exact moment that all of the Skrulls switched with the Heroes. I'd like to find the exact time and place that they switched. All in all, it has gotten me re-interested in the Marvel U once again so, bring on issue #2! neo

Edited by neolego

It should be stated that though a Skrull posed as Sue Storm/Richards, we cannot safely say yet that she has been replaced by one. After all, the Skrull entered the building as a tourist, not as Sue. Also, though Captain Marvel was at the Thunderbolts HQ after the attack, we can't say he is a Skrull just yet.

On another front, Cobalt Man is/was a villain who recently was captured by Capt. Marvel in his mini-series, only to be revealed as a Skrull. He was originally one of the villains killed in Stanford at the start of Civil War, so that explains how he was replaced.

Revolutionary is the leader of the Liberteens/Liberty Legion, one of the Initiative teams. He was revealed in the Initiative Annual.

Fixed. Though, I would said that he acted as a Tourist to not drawn attention to himself. If sue was to walk into the Musiuem that is now the Baxter Building, she would be swamped with people. I think they have replaced Sue, but he had to be someone else to get back the people.

Also, does anyone have any guesses on who "He" is? neo

i think the heroes in the ship are skrull's that think there heroes but don't know there skrulls I.E skrull cap thinks he's the real cap & does'nt know he's a skrull

just think of them like the human cylons in bsg that did'nt know they were cylons........

thinking about it theres alot of bsg plot threads in this story

the computer virus thing

not knowing who to to trust

skrulls playing as humans not knowing thier skrulls

Wait, Skrulls that didn't know they were Skrulls..........I'm not sure that makes a lot of sense. I can understand BSG because they have countless replicants of the same Number. Here, each Skrull is a living being. For them to not know who they are sounds very fishy. Then again, it's clear that Cap is dead and we are lead to believe that Modern Iron Man is Human, so maybe you are right. Hm.... neo

The one thing that is upsetting me is modern Tony Stark Might not be a skrull...

I suspect 95% of those who came on the ship are skrulls but a couple are human spies who will have the 'we can beat them if we do this improbable thing, but you dont trust me enough to beleive my plan' storyline.

T.

Ok I went an bought a copy to see whats going on. I'll have to read it a few times before I make any guesses as who is what but I do have two questions.

When the heroes/skrulls come out the ship who is woman in white above captain america with one arm and who is the guy in red next to cap who asks if they have got back to earth?

Edited by MiniFiend UK

Fixed. Though, I would said that he acted as a Tourist to not drawn attention to himself. If sue was to walk into the Musiuem that is now the Baxter Building, she would be swamped with people. I think they have replaced Sue, but he had to be someone else to get back the people.

Also, does anyone have any guesses on who "He" is? neo

"He" is simply an innocent sounding phrase which causes everyone to skrullify. I think...

Ok I went an bought a copy to see whats going on. I'll have to read it a few times before I make any guesses as who is what but I do have two questions.

When the heroes/skrulls come out the ship who is woman in white above captain america with one arm and who is the guy in red next to cap who asks if they have got back to earth?

There are two women next to Cap with white on that appear to be missing an arm, so I'll name them both. The predominantly white costume belongs to Jewel, aka Jessica Jones, the wife of Luke Cage. The girl in white and blue is Mockingbird, deceased wife of Hawkeye. FYI, they both have two arms, its just an unfortunate pose that shows them with one.

The "guy" in red next to Cap is actually Ms. Marvel. In her early days, she wore a similar costume to Captain Marvel.

Also, I was reading Wizard's Director's Cut of Secret Invasion, and it seems that Captain Marvel is likely a Skrull.

Wizard: Who is "he?" Are you he? Do you love us?

Bendis: Yeah, it’s me! [Laughs] No, that’s a reveal for later on in the series. It’s part of the overall theme of the piece. It definitely has some sort of religious connotation to it.

So, I again bring up my question, who do you think "He" is?

I believe, like Bendis said, it does have some religious undertones. However, I'm going to go out on a limb and sugguest that maybe it's not a Skrull. What if it was a Hero or Villian that we know? We know from #1 that the person they meet with in the begining is female. So it's not her. The sound is like it's something that they worshiped. If we were to think human terms, there are some religious that teach people to kill for their god. Those are the same teachings that those gods love everyone, but they are just doing their part. But, what if their "god" here is actually someone that has turned his back on the Human Race. What is it was, say Professor X. He loves the humans but maybe he has went crazy and thinks they can't manage anymore and need to be eliminated. What about Doctor Strange or Silver Surfer or any number of super powerful beings. What if, at the end of the day, they are behind the invasion. But, in their minds they feel it's the only choice they have left. Maybe in preparation for the Battle he tells the Skrulls, "I do this because I love them." Interesting...

The flip side to that is it could be a Skrull god who supposedly loves all creation, but they are burdened with getting ride of a perverse people. It could be a completely brand new enemy, a brand new creation of Bendis' for this very series.

So, again I ask the question...Who do you think "He" is? neo

The Beyonder.

Man, I hope not. It would explain why he made appeared in the Illuminati mini-series, but why on Earth did they want to bring him back? Sometimes it's best to leave things forgotten...

Myself, I prefer the idea I read somewhere else - that's it's the Dreaming Celestial (which gives them a nifty tie-in to the Eternals mini-series they put out last year).

Wizard: Who is "he?" Are you he? Do you love us?

Bendis: Yeah, it’s me! [Laughs] No, that’s a reveal for later on in the series. It’s part of the overall theme of the piece. It definitely has some sort of religious connotation to it.

So, I again bring up my question, who do you think "He" is?

I believe, like Bendis said, it does have some religious undertones. However, I'm going to go out on a limb and sugguest that maybe it's not a Skrull. What if it was a Hero or Villian that we know? We know from #1 that the person they meet with in the begining is female. So it's not her. The sound is like it's something that they worshiped. If we were to think human terms, there are some religious that teach people to kill for their god. Those are the same teachings that those gods love everyone, but they are just doing their part. But, what if their "god" here is actually someone that has turned his back on the Human Race. What is it was, say Professor X. He loves the humans but maybe he has went crazy and thinks they can't manage anymore and need to be eliminated. What about Doctor Strange or Silver Surfer or any number of super powerful beings. What if, at the end of the day, they are behind the invasion. But, in their minds they feel it's the only choice they have left. Maybe in preparation for the Battle he tells the Skrulls, "I do this because I love them." Interesting...

The flip side to that is it could be a Skrull god who supposedly loves all creation, but they are burdened with getting ride of a perverse people. It could be a completely brand new enemy, a brand new creation of Bendis' for this very series.

So, again I ask the question...Who do you think "He" is? neo

DOOM! Maybe.

Namor? He would make sense because of what happened in the miniseries. He has no reason to help the human race with anything especially because of what humans forced him to do.

The Beyonder is probably the best theory yet, though.

im like 95% positive that Captain America is a skrull. thats why in one of the latest Captain America issue sharon sees him in that tank thing. And i bet bucky/winter soldier/capt. america is a skrull!

im like 95% positive that Captain America is a skrull. thats why in one of the latest Captain America issue sharon sees him in that tank thing. And i bet bucky/winter soldier/capt. america is a skrull!

It was kinda suspicious, him coming back after, what, sixty years dead. This was, after all, during the time of the Skrull Invasion when they were taking places on Earth. He probably is a Skrull just like it was obvious that Pym was.