UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Secret Invasion

neolego

**EDIT**

OK, Secret Invasion is upon us and we can all discuss the next 8 months in the thread! Please be warned, there will be spoilers everywhere, read at your own risk!

**EDIT**

Edited by neolego

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would safely say that I don't think you would be lost at all. Aside from the hints and speculation in several books that have been released prior to Secret Invasion there is really nothing to tell.

**quick breakdown**:

Elektra gets killed and everybody on the New Avengers see's she a Skrull. Spider-Woman then takes Elecktra's body to Tony Stark and let's him know what going on. Then Tony Brings this to the attention of the Illuminati (Prof. X, Black Bolt, Namor, and Reed Richards) when all of a sudden Black Bolt is revealed to be a Skrull.( If I missed anything people please let me know!)

Everything since then has been pretty much everyone talking about how they can't trust anybody and asking what does this mean but nothing really has been given away. I do suggest however if you are going to into this story line you get a few of the the back issues that tie into SI before actually reading it. It help build alot of momentum for the story and I'm excited to see if any of my personal random theories is going to pan out.

If you read the holiday joke special, it is revealed that there is

A Skrull in the Daily Bugle

, but I doubt that that thing is canon because it has Spider-Man getting a picture of Wolverine baking a cake and selling it to the Bugle, and Wolverine gets Iceman to create a big ass snowball to hit Spider-Man with. It's the funniest thing I've read in a long time.

hmm, did not catch that when did it come out?

also I tried looking and may have passed it over but is there a thread to talk about marvel & dc comics? i'd love to share views and get other people's perspective on what's going on. I didn't see any and just wanted to ask before i tried to start any new threads

but what if they are skrulls?

One theory I have about the heroes being replaced is that they are being held somewhere and the Skrulls them duplicate them and their powers. I can't see Marvel taking a bunch of heroes without having them be seen again.

Woooooow! I should have taken a personal day from work to be at the comic shop when it opens today....... :(

I hope my guy saved me a copy, I've basically been helping put his kids through college.

Oh, you guys seen these?

http://marvel.com/news/comicstories.3041.M...u_Trust_Banners

Edited by Fo Shizzle

Yo, thanks for the link Fo Shizzle. Now I got a new banner to sport for a few months :D.

Let me know if that's too much Shane! neo

Edited by neolego

No prob! I made one too but I realized after I made it I have absolutely no idea how to link on here since it's saved in my documents. I got the other once from this site and don't remember how I did it. If anybody can help thanks!!!

not followed anything from marvel since reading civil war and then seeing what they have done to spidey by wiping the history. This looks interesting but the only thing I can see coming out of this is that it gives marvel a kinda reset button after civil war. A few key players get outed as skrulls and the registration thing goes out the window as they where all manipulated by aliens in the end. Thats my thoughts anyway.

I just wish they had waited a few months before hitting the reset button on Spidey. They couldn't have gotten any worse a reaction for having him be a Skrull all this time than what they got for selling his wife to Mephisto.

As far as who is a Skrull, as of the end of SI#1:

Elektra, Black Bolt, Revolutionary, Cobalt Man, Dum Dum Duggan, Jarvis, and Hank Pym

For how long though, has yet to be seen.

Also, we can probably surmise that the following aren't Skrulls:

Iron Man, Spider-Man, Echo, Ms. Marvel, and Reed Richards

cool thanks

so we knew the first 5 going into it so the last 2 get revealed in #1, man i'm going to bed now so tomorrow comes faster........

There's more than those, but they are the only ones who seem to have been infiltrating and not the ones who changed for convenience.

I just wish they had waited a few months before hitting the reset button on Spidey. They couldn't have gotten any worse a reaction for having him be a Skrull all this time than what they got for selling his wife to Mephisto.

As far as who is a Skrull, as of the end of SI#1:

Elektra, Black Bolt, Revolutionary, Cobalt Man, Dum Dum Duggan, Jarvis, and Hank Pym

For how long though, has yet to be seen.

Also, we can probably surmise that the following aren't Skrulls:

Iron Man, Spider-Man, Echo, Ms. Marvel, and Reed Richards

YES! YES! I was RIGHT! I knew

Pym

was a Skrull. Look at the other thread which discusses Skrulls. I predited it from the announcement of SI

I didn't know Black bolt was a skrull. :blush: I missed it since I've only been reading amazing spider-man, new avengers and mighty avengers. Where was it revealed that he was a skrull? I need to catch up. If

Pym

is a skrull, was he a skrull when he was getting it on with

Tigra

Edited by skynet