UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Hulk Movie Toys!

Shanester

the hulk legends series one is just meh... Absorbing man looks awesome though. The Fing Fang Foom is crazy! I bet its absolutely perfect scale for minimates too! As for those superhero squads! Amazing! And that mugg is priceless!

the hulk legends series one is just meh... Absorbing man looks awesome though. The Fing Fang Foom is crazy! I bet its absolutely perfect scale for minimates too! As for those superhero squads! Amazing! And that mugg is priceless!

Who is the first "Hulk", Shanester? The one with the thin white hair and patches of rotting skin?

That's abomination as he'll appear in the new movie.

T.

Hmmm...really? (rhetorical question). I saw other pictures of movie abomination and he looked different. I'm guessing

he "rots" throughout the film. Probably starts out looking like Hulk and then slowly degrades. This must be mid-rot.

Who is the first "Hulk", Shanester? The one with the thin white hair and patches of rotting skin?

It's the "The End" Hulk figure, from the 2003 one-shot that Marvel published. The premise is that elderly Bruce Banner is the sole survivor of the nuclear wars, and while he should be dead, Hulk will not let him pass away. Check out a better description and cover image on Wikipedia:

"Hulk: The End"

EDIT: Link now fixed - Thanks, Dan. That'll teach me not to test the link before I post...

• 4 weeks later...
Hasbro Hulk movie figures have hit stores in Asia:

Check out the pretty pictures here

Man, those do not look good at all...

Wow. All of those toys... suck bad. That Abomination is probably the single most pathetic toy I've seen in my life. This makes me look foreward to the Abominiation in the movie wave because DST gets it right.

I've noted here before somewhere that Abomination looks like an old Swamp Thing toy from the animated series, and with the purple parts, he looks even more like that old toy now. . .except not as good.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CLIMBING-SWAMP-THING-F...7QQcmdZViewItem

Those toys are laughably bad!

What I love about the Hulk movie toys is they are in scale to GI Joe - heck they re-use some Joe items for the line. I love cross line compatibility!

HULK SMASH COBRA!!!!

Knowing this, I somehow don't see the Hulk figures as negatively as I did beforehand. I assumed that they were big 6 inchers or so, like the figures for the first Hulk movie. I can accept slightly wonky looking faces on smaller figures. . .plus, it will be great having Hulk on my Joe team (those Legends Showdown figures just don't do it for me)!

The Hummer and humans from the Hulk movie line are direct re-use of the GI Joe DTC line.

My memory is a bit foggy since Toy Fair but I think most of the figures are based off these Joes:

http://www.yojoe.com/action/06/sawviper3.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/action/06/grandslam3.shtml

I might be wrong and won't know exactly what Joe bodies they used until I see some better pictures or have them in hand.

The Hummer is built off this one

http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/05/nightopshumvee/

The Hulk Legends line is not Joe based though and it is a true Legends scale line - just in case I confused anyone.

I like it when they make figures "compatible" in scale with other lines, too. Molds and designs are re-used a lot more often than we typically notice (or at least more often than I notice).

It is interesting to see that they borrowed from the GI Joe line for the movie figures. I was hating them at first, but I'll give them a look see. I hate to say it, but I'm still not very optimistic about this new Hulk movie.

I like it when they make figures "compatible" in scale with other lines, too. Molds and designs are re-used a lot more often than we typically notice (or at least more often than I notice).

It is interesting to see that they borrowed from the GI Joe line for the movie figures. I was hating them at first, but I'll give them a look see. I hate to say it, but I'm still not very optimistic about this new Hulk movie.

It could be worse. Remember Hulk One? At least Hulk actually fights a supervillain in this one. In the first, Hulk cleverly played France and surrendered long enough for them to blow Absorbing Man up. Not much of a fight there, eh?