UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Fistful of Dollars boxset

Hey guys, DST has posted a preview of the Fistful of Dollars boxset. Go to their website and check under product debuts to check it out. Looking great as usual!

The chick looks great! The others...total rehash. Sigh, I know I will end up buying them, but really they are not that different from the first set..... :(

Can anyone tell me what the third set in this trilogy will be?

1. For a Few Dollars More.

2. A Fistful of Dollars.

3. ??????????????????

The good the Bad and the Ugly.

Anyone else surprised they are showing off new stuff this close to toyfare?

oh and I like it but that waistcoat/poncho piece is a great example of why I hate the move to more molded chest pieces, it's going to be seriously ugly when mass produced.

T.

These are gonna make some awesome Deadwood customs. Al Swearengen will be beating on Trixie in no time! Mrs. Garret might actually get some proper widow's weeds at this rate.

Well this set is a total disappointment. Three characters we're already getting in only slightly different variations. I'll probably still buy them, it's just real disappointing. :(

2. A Fistful of Dollars.

3. ??????????????????

oh and I like it but that waistcoat/poncho piece is a great example of why I hate the move to more molded chest pieces, it's going to be seriously ugly when mass produced.

T.

I hope ya the poncho thing is gonna be bad

I actually like the poncho slung over the shoulder much more then the original one. Wasn't going to bother with these sets but seeing the second one I'm becoming more interested. Got to say loving the holsters on these mates just need some duel holsters one gun on each side.

They are going to have a hard time selling me Madonna minimates.

It's been a while since I've seen AFOD. Can someone remind me who John Baxter is? Is he the leader of one of the two gangs in the town (with Rojo being the leader of the other)?

Set looks great. Seems a few of you are disappointed with the the repitition of Eastwood and Volonte (Rojo / Indio). If that's the case, then you're not gonna like The Good, The Bad and The Ugly set as it's gonna contain a least one Eastwood (Blondie aka MWNN) and another Van Cleef (Angel Eyes aka Sentenza). I personally can't wait to see Eli Waliach's Tuco in minimate form.

th_wallach.jpg

SPOILERS:

Baxter is the makeshift sherrif of the town and leader of the rival gang that the Rojos are feuding with. "Joe" comes into town and starts playing the two families against one another. Eventually, his antics are discovered by the Rojos, they beat the hell out of him, and he goes into hiding. He comes back and gets shot down by the Rojos before revealing the bullet proof plate on his chest. Then the Rojos go bye bye.

2. A Fistful of Dollars.

3. ??????????????????

T.

I know what you mean. I understand the vests, and helmets, and even the capes (I like most capes not. Remember that it took DST about 7 waves to get them right though). Why I think would really help though is soft goods ponchos. This poncho but especially the last one really needed to be cloth.

I actually like the poncho slung over the shoulder much more then the original one. Wasn't going to bother with these sets but seeing the second one I'm becoming more interested. Got to say loving the holsters on these mates just need some duel holsters one gun on each side.

They are going to have a hard time selling me Madonna minimates.

I kind of like the poncho too-cloth would be branching out into entirely new and expensive territory. Ditto on the becoming more interested, even if I'm just gonna turn them into Deadwood characters. Before it seemed like too much work, but with more suitable figures it looks like I'm hooked.

Madonna will be a hard sell. I mean, I'm a GIRL and I can't see ever buying a set from a romantic comedy of sorts. I do like some of them-You've Got Mail for instance, but give me Sin City minimates way before Madonna.

Why I think would really help though is soft goods ponchos. This poncho but especially the last one really needed to be cloth.

You know, I don't think soft goods would work on the minimate scale. I personally have a hard time with them even at 1/12, because the weave of fabric just isn't to scale. It always seems to hang funny, or be too stiff, or the stitching is way too big proportionally. I think it would look weird on something as small as a minimate.

I think the sculpted poncho and vest look fine on these.

He comes back and gets shot down by the Rojos before revealing the bullet proof plate on his chest.

Hey, they stole that from Back To The Future 3!

;)

These look great, despite the rehash parts. This version of Clint explains why we're getting two in the first set and the "iron-plate chest piece" is a nice touch. My only real complaint is the character limitation of the 4-packs; I wanna see some big-ass sombrero-wear'in henchmen too(maybe we'll get one with Tuco in the next set)! Regardless, I'll be picking-up a few of these.

Here's a good chance of what TGTBATU set will look like. (click thumbnails)

th_The-Good-the-Bad-and-the-Ugly-Poste.j

I'm not sure who the 4th minimate would be. It might be another Eastwood probably.

Seeing how up to this point there will be 3 different versions of TMWNN in his poncho get up (from the 2 previous sets), DST might go this route with Eastwoods look (maybe even Wallach's look).

th_tuco_blondie.jpg

This is how both appeared at the begining of TGTBATU. Just my thoughts on the matter.

I'm guessing that the Few Dollars More set must being doing well in the pre-sells. Didn't Matt say that continuing waves were really subject to interest in the first set?

I'm more of a Sci-Fi person, than either westerns (or comic books for that matter).... buit these are just so cool that I have to get them.

This version of Clint explains why we're getting two in the first set

How does it explain it? Maybe im just not thinking about it right. I saw it as a real disappointment. Care to explain someone?

Also, what is in Clint's right hand?

This version of Clint explains why we're getting two in the first set

How does it explain it? Maybe im just not thinking about it right. I saw it as a real disappointment. Care to explain someone?

Also, what is in Clint's right hand?

It is disappointing. The point I was trying to make is that they included the "vested-version" in the first boxset when he predominantly sported this look in FoD and was curious as to why/how they were going to portray him in the other sets having already used-up two of the three main variations of the same outfit. I suppose that the "slung-over poncho" makes up for the rigid, arm-covering one, though I too would have preferred another character choice in the FaFDM set (Nino, the "hunchback", etc. ) rather than two Moncos. The "slung-poncho" and "vest" were sufficient IMO.

The "thing" in his right hand is a metal plate that he hides under his poncho to protect his heart (Ramon's "signature" target).