UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Do you carry a minimate on you?

Do you usually carry a mate around?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Can you be found with a minimate in your pocket?

• Almost always! (but I could stop if I wanted to...)
    • When I remember to
    • Only if I'm showing it to someone
    • Never! You think I'm wierd or something?
  2. 2. Have you ever explained the differences between Legos and Minimates to an ordinary person?

• Yes
    • No

So I have Col. America in my pocket right now, and this made me wonder. How many of us actually carry around minimates everywhere? I almost always bring one with me to play with no matter where I go. Even to school, where I get harassed about my "legos".

On a seperate note, I hate having to explain to the average 16-year old how minimates are different from legos.

yes, i always have my keychain mate that i made with me where ever i go. and i am always explaining the difference between legos and minimates when people see my collection at work and say "wow, look at all those lego guys" we really need to send out a memo people.

BS

Carry one with me nope, damn you guys are geeks :P

Explain that they aren't lego, way more often that I'd like. I have most of my minimates displayed pretty prominently on the walls of my apt, so the first thing anyone who enters my place says is ohhh look at all those legos...

BTW Don't ever feel the need to over explain.. or mention that the gold sliver spideys are worth hundreds of $$$ or they will just think you are even sadder!

T.

I bring them with me on special occasions I brought battle damaged Thing with me to the FF movie, I brought ghost Rider with me to his movie, and then I'll depending on how I feel I'll bring them out. It's usually Spidey (I just bought a loose one offf ebay) that I bring with me now.

Carry one with me nope, damn you guys are geeks :P

Explain that they aren't lego, way more often that I'd like. I have most of my minimates displayed pretty prominently on the walls of my apt, so the first thing anyone who enters my place says is ohhh look at all those legos...

BTW Don't ever feel the need to over explain.. or mention that the gold sliver spideys are worth hundreds of $$$ or they will just think you are even sadder!

T.

I am the same T.

I was brought in to the family, and it is uncharacteristic of me to collect anything. Strangely, although I will probably get chastised for admitting this, but I do not know who half of these characters are that come out. I mostly know who I liked as a kid, and what I pick up along the way. I do not read comic books, so I ask my way nerdier big brother to school me on the characters. He is a plethora of comic knowledge. So, no in the pocket, but yes to the explanations, feeble custom attempts, and yes to oddly hurting my chance of future booty from chics with all these toys. I also go to this site daily, so add on some loser to my nerditity. loser + nerd + money to blow + time to waste = WW4M

Welcome to my world...

I always have at least one if not 2 or 3 on me....you never know when you'll come acoss somethig neat that needs to be test fit with a minimate! :D

Jeff of the Minis

What Jeff said. Usually I've got a blank with me when running errands that might take me anywhere near a toy/craft/hobby store.

And at least a couple will accompany me on a trip of any length.

i once had my carnage with me and than he got MIA :(

so now i never carry one on me without a reason

and this is why whatever I have with me, its always a dupe....none of my core collection travels with me unless its to show some of it off....normally its a spare....Dr Fate has been a mainstay...I have a Spidey in my backpack so I always have at least one with me at school...the EECC blanks tend to go along as the testers, as does my grunt - just a random made guy, he is the main size judge....the Ben Reilly Spidey tends to make frequent trips but I think he'll get retired once I have a spare Scarlett Spider

Jeff of the Minis

Don't carry them in my pocket, but I have a Hulk and Venom in the console of my car... they've been there for three years now.

Yes, I've explained the difference between LEGO and Minimates to several people. It seems that it's more of an issue to the non-toy collector adults than anyone else. To an adult who doesn't collect toys, they all kind of look the same... as silly as that sounds to one of us. :)