UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Battlestar Galactica Classics packs

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never thought I'd have an interest in Classic BSG, but these pics have won me over. My mom tells me I used to love the show when it was on TV, but I have almost no memories of it. Guess I'll have to get a few Classic DVDs put on my Netflix queue!

Something that's always bugged me about classic BSG is what exactly the Cylons were? I was under the impression they were cyborgs, check out the Imperious Leader, the dude's got hair and looks sort of reptilian. Lucifer looks like he's got a brain sitting under his pointy dome. So were they cyborgs, or just robots with delusions of grandeur?

Something that's always bugged me about classic BSG is what exactly the Cylons were? I was under the impression they were cyborgs, check out the Imperious Leader, the dude's got hair and looks sort of reptilian. Lucifer looks like he's got a brain sitting under his pointy dome. So were they cyborgs, or just robots with delusions of grandeur?

According to a friend of mine who is a staunch Original BSG fan The Cylon’s were a reptilian race when the story was first written in a book by Robert Thurston as a sort of "Three Musketeers in space". Thurston happened to be one of my friends college professors. When the story was shopped to (I think) NBC, they didn’t want the heroes killing living creatures in every episode so they changed the Cylon’s to robots. The fleeting glimpse we got of Imperious Leader was a nod to the original story. That is the story as it has been told to me for whatever thats worth. So think of it as the robots were designed to fight for the reptiles that eventually died off or were killed off by their own creations.

PS

Im looking forward to Baltar... He was such a queen

This gives me hope for a Lockjaw minimate in an Inhumans pack possibly.

ok, ok, I'll take my butt back to the marvel forums...

I think the standard size mate like the daggit would make a mighty small Lockjaw. The DC 2.5's cold be good custom fodder for him though.

• 3 weeks later...
I really don't like these packages :(

I would have prefered to have the same boxes from the cylon 5-pack and the Marvel zombie set. Oh well, they still look pretty darn sweet and I am still getting three sets of each.

Seeing how its only Marvel that uses the box style packaging I was not surprised at all by this style....most lines prefer this style as it gives the buyer a chance to see the product up front...as well might help to attract the casual passer by in the comic shop. :)

Jeff of the Minis

Note that he mentions Lock-jaw of the inhumans, a MARVEL character.

Just note it.

I did (not that I ever really had a doubt), but more importantly that they entertained the idea of Lockjaw enough to even mention him! While only words used as a comparison, it brings my personal dream of an Inhumans boxset a hair closer to reality. Bring-it DST; the success of the Defenders boxset (one of the best sets to date) proves that quasi-obscure teams can hold their own when handled correctly.

I would have prefered to have the same boxes from the cylon 5-pack and the Marvel zombie set. Oh well, they still look pretty darn sweet and I am still getting three sets of each.

Seeing how its only Marvel that uses the box style packaging I was not surprised at all by this style....most lines prefer this style as it gives the buyer a chance to see the product up front...as well might help to attract the casual passer by in the comic shop. :)

Jeff of the Minis

While the Cylon 5-pack was aesthetically pleasing, count me as one of those pleased to see what I'm getting before I buy (I'm an "opener" anyway)...less chance for disappointment. The fact that they're going with the "original packaging concept art" also fortifies my hopes that we will indeed eventually see those classic Vipers and Raiders!!

Good to see that we'll definitely be getting two helmets with the Colonials, but I still wish that they'd fine-tune the details ("checker-board" piping and boot buckle/straps). Other than that, these look great!

Jeff of the Minis

While the Cylon 5-pack was aesthetically pleasing, count me as one of those pleased to see what I'm getting before I buy (I'm an "opener" anyway)...less chance for disappointment. The fact that they're going with the "original packaging concept art" also fortifies my hopes that we will indeed eventually see those classic Vipers and Raiders!!

Good to see that we'll definitely be getting two helmets with the Colonials, but I still wish that they'd fine-tune the details ("checker-board" piping and boot buckle/straps). Other than that, these look great!

crap I forgot about the Cylon 5 packs being boxed as opossed to blister packed...I guess its an out of sight out of mind thing since mine arent here yet......I do have a question as I am not up on my Classic BSG knowledge...Does Apollo wear the same dress uniform as Starbuck?...as in if 2 sets were bought a simple head swap would work for 2 new looks

Jeff of the Minis

crap I forgot about the Cylon 5 packs being boxed as opossed to blister packed...I guess its an out of sight out of mind thing since mine arent here yet......I do have a question as I am not up on my Classic BSG knowledge...Does Apollo wear the same dress uniform as Starbuck?...as in if 2 sets were bought a simple head swap would work for 2 new looks

Jeff of the Minis

Yep, same dress uniform (3 if you include Boomer). In fact, all Colonial Warriors wear these. This is why many of us are talking about buying multiple sets. As far as the 5-pack, those represented the "new BSG" Cylons, so I wouldn't worry about the package inconsistency. Think of them as completely seperate (yet semi-equal...in names, that is) entities.

According to a friend of mine who is a staunch Original BSG fan The Cylon’s were a reptilian race when the story was first written in a book by Robert Thurston as a sort of "Three Musketeers in space". Thurston happened to be one of my friends college professors. When the story was shopped to (I think) NBC, they didn’t want the heroes killing living creatures in every episode so they changed the Cylon’s to robots. The fleeting glimpse we got of Imperious Leader was a nod to the original story. That is the story as it has been told to me for whatever thats worth. So think of it as the robots were designed to fight for the reptiles that eventually died off or were killed off by their own creations.

PS

Im looking forward to Baltar... He was such a queen

Thanks for clearing that up Rheul. :)

So since we're getting a classic Baltar that would mean that in a weird way we're also getting a Kor from star trek tos since they where both played by John Colicos

and....

and...............

he'll be cool to stand with your Apocalypse minimate when he comes out because he did his voice in the X-men animated series!!!!!!

Right thats it i'm off to get a life...........