UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

24 Minimates this week (11/19)

so to anyone who has these Jack and Nina FYE/Suncoast sets, can we please have some detailed opened pics? I would love to see how these beauties look out of the package!

Jeff of the Minis

No sign of them in San Diego yet...

T.

so to anyone who has these Jack and Nina FYE/Suncoast sets, can we please have some detailed opened pics? I would love to see how these beauties look out of the package!

Jeff of the Minis

No sign of them in San Diego yet...

T.

As far as Northern Cal. goes - Nothing at my Suncoast and I called an F.Y.E. about 15 miles away and nothing there either

These are about the best pictures I can get with my camera. Jack has a very small gun in his holster which is sculpted on, and the wheels on the gurney do not move. I really like these figures' facial expressions, and the battle damage on Jack's face. Also, Nina's boobs aren't very pronounced, so you could simply swap heads with Nina to make any caucasion-skinned Minimate an instant criminal! Regarding the shackles, these slide into a hook on Nina's waist, thus, you can remove them and put them on other Minimates if you wanted to.

P1010150.jpg

P1010151.jpg

P1010154.jpg

P1010152.jpg

P1010176.jpg

P1010153.jpg

P1010155.jpg

P1010158.jpg

P1010174.jpg

P1010175.jpg

P1010178.jpg

P1010179.jpg

(ok, enough. . .)

These are about the best pictures I can get with my camera. Jack has a very small gun in his holster which is sculpted on, and the wheels on the gurney do not move. I really like these figures' facial expressions, and the battle damage on Jack's face. Also, Nina's boobs aren't very pronounced, so you could simply swap heads with Nina to make any caucasion-skinned Minimate an instant criminal!

Great pix thanks... Gotta say I like that Nina Myers a lot more than the one in the 4 pack, just seems to capture her better.

T.

I made some calls to 3 FYE and 2 SUncoast stores in the SF Bay Area. Nada!

I got one referral to the website. (Deadend!)

One manager told me that things like that sometimes only went to their super stores. (Go figure)

I'm hoping their distribution is just painfully slow... but you'd think there'd be a race to get this out before the holiday shopping is over.

Huh. My FYE isn't exactly "super." Its just a converted Blockbuster Music/Wherehouse Music place, but maybe it's big in relative terms. They have plenty of toys, anyway (DC Direct, Marvel Select, NECA, wrestling, and SOTA, mostly). Next time I'm over there, I'll see if they have some more that I can get for some of you guys that aren't receiving them. . .does anyone think that this does not bode well for the prospects of getting the Spidey/Hobgoblin pack?

Huh. My FYE isn't exactly "super." Its just a converted Blockbuster Music/Wherehouse Music place, but maybe it's big in relative terms. They have plenty of toys, anyway (DC Direct, Marvel Select, NECA, wrestling, and SOTA, mostly). Next time I'm over there, I'll see if they have some more that I can get for some of you guys that aren't receiving them. . .does anyone think that this does not bode well for the prospects of getting the Spidey/Hobgoblin pack?

Let Me Know - I'd be happy to Paypal you some $$ in xchange for a set + Shipping

If anything, I'd think it wouldn't bode well for more 24 sets. It's hard to judge one property based on the performance of another.

I think I mis-phrased that. That 2-pack is going to be released obviously, I'm just wondering if it will be released to the same stores as the 24 2-packs. If it is, and if a lot of people here have a hard time finding it, then that would be a problem for DST methinks.

That's kind of always been a problem. Some speculate that the lack of widespread availability was part of what killed the Street Fighter line. At the same time, the hit or miss availability of these sets at the stores that supposedly stock them just make etailers like AFX look better when marketing these type of releases. These things never trickle down to my neck of the woods, so I guess I'm just lucky to have a source in Raleigh who can usually track them down for me. He doesn't know the first thing about minimates, but he can always find "my little plastic men" for me when I tell him where to look.

I'm pretty disappointed that I can't track any mates down at any of the 5 Suncoast/FYE stores in our area.

The best I can find is one store with the Cylon 5-packs that are still at full price and another that rec'd zombies and BSG2 about 2 months too late.

I really like these non-comic mates, like BTTF, 24, ST, BSG and Rocky but there isn't a good retail channel that carries them. Most of the LCS stores I've seen limit their minimates to strictly Marvel/DC lines and don't expand beyond that.

I don't mind going to AFX or DST for an order occassionally, but I'd rather not get hammered on the shipping each time and I'm such an impulse buyer -