UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Movies for Guys Who Like Movies

neolego

I think Tron is a must see movie for anyone but a cool movie mostly for guys. Other than that I think I have seen all of my other facorite movies listed in one place or another here althought the first list has Alien listed and I must contend that Aliens is the better guy movie (better movie period even though I like Alien as well) it has more explosions and such than the first.

Oh I just remembered UHF one the funniest movies ever!

But have you actually seen Steel Magnolias?

It's a great movie about six hard-drinkin', hard-rockin', hard-partyin' Southern chicks who are all hotter than a billy goat in a pepper patch! They're not all equally hot, some are better than others to be sure. But you wouldn't turn any of them away because they got sharp knees or nothin'.

The movie starts out with all the girls in some beauty shop comparing sexual conquests. The stories get lewder and more obscene as they progress. It was like they were competing for the most erotic story. Then suddenly one of the girls faints and has to be taken to the hospital. I thought that was an odd turn, but hey, I'm no filmmaker.

It turns out the girl who fainted doesn't have any money or insurance, and she needs some super special brain surgery to survive.

And here I thought she was a diabetic who wouldn't drink her OJ. :biggrin:

I'll agree that Sally Field is still hot. Julia Roberts? Nah - I'll pass.

• 3 weeks later...

I would have to add my own personal fave badass pic, Point Blank, to that list, starring the ultimate badass actor and star of the previously mentioned Dirty Dozen, Lee Marvin (who closely beats out Charles Bronson, Toshiro Mifune, Chuck Norris, and Clint Eastwood in a race for that title).

If you are seriously making a list of this type, though, let me refer you to the definitive list of its type, scientifically compiled by my favorite internet reviewer; the "Badass 100":

http://www.geocities.com/outlawvern/Badass100-2006.html

And here is one that, if ever made into a movie, might possibly make your list, too:

Hobo with a Shotgun!

http://www.hobowithashotgun.com/video.php

I'd add Master & Commander, because it does such a great job of portraying the feel of the Patrick O'Brian novels.

Midway is a great war movie with lots of great stars.

Titanic is pretty good as far as historical accuracy, but only if Leonardo DiCaprio was thrown to the giant shark in Jaws in the first 5 minutes of the movie.

• 2 weeks later...
talking of guy movies superherohype has a few ics of the predalien from AVP 2

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6450

I've got to say, I'm the opposite of impressed. I am actually looking forward to this movie based on the trailers I had seen--losing Paul W.S. seems to have done wonders--but that thing. . .yeesh. . . a BIG :down:

I saw a trailer for that the other day. I thought it looked fantastic! I can't wait to see it!